Drbogdan – My Professional Background Includes Publishing Medical Research Studies, Directing Hospital Laboratories And Lecturing University Students. Also, I Have Headed Science Fairs And Have Been Associated With, For A Brief Time, The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra And The Pittsburgh Ballet Theater. My Professional Background Is Summarized In More Detail On My Publications Page.
- 1 My Links
- 2 My Awards
- 3 My Contributions
- 4 Major Edits & Interests
- 5 Tools & Gadgets
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See also
- 8 References (14/selected)
- 9 External links
- 10 My Awesome Facts
- My Publications Page
- My Original Music (archive) & My Original Music Videos.
- My FREE Quality Education Page.
- My FaceBook, My FaceBook/m& My LiveJournal.
- My Wikipedia Page (a-at/b-bt/c-ct/p-pt/w-wt).
MyShortLinks: j.mp/drb123w & j.mp/drb123wiki.
- GOOGLE Me; or BING Me; or YAHOO Me.
- EMAIL Me => @WIKIPEDIA or @YAHOO.
|My other links|
|* Dr. Dennis Bogdan - Wikipedia Master Editor III|
|* My FaceBook (drbogdan)|
|* My FaceBook Posts (drbogdan)|
|* GooglePlus+ (Dennis Bogdan)|
|* InstantGram (DrDennisBogdan)|
|* LinkedIN (Dr Dennis Bogdan)|
|* LiveJournal (drbogdan)|
|* MySpace (drbogdan)|
|* Twitter (drbogdan)|
|* Flickr (drbogdan)|
|* LiveStream (drbogdan)|
|* MyCamPage (drbogdan)|
|* Skype (drbogdan2)|
|* UStream (drbogdan)|
|* DocStoc (Dennis Bogdan)|
|* Quality Education (+ WebED)|
|* Joanne Bogdan (Editor/Citizendium)|
|* Joanne Bogdan (Editor/Wikipedia)|
|* Dr. Dennis Bogdan (Editor/Citizendium)|
|* Dr. Dennis Bogdan (Editor/Wikipedia)|
(commons / data / media / meta / source /
wikibooks / wikinews / wikiquote / wikispecies / wikiversity / wikivoyage / wiktionary /
de / en / en-simple / es / fi / fr / it / ja / lb / nl / no / ru / ru-news / sk / sl / sr / sv / uk / zh).
[NOTE: Please CLICK for the published comment - may take a moment to appear.]
- LIFE THRIVES THROUGHOUT UNIVERSE? (nyt-20121202A or B-a/b/c).
- LIFE CAN THRIVE WITHOUT WATER? (nyt-20080603-a/b/c).
- UNIVERSE *PULLS* LIFE-FORMS TO COMPLEXITY? (nyt-20130323A or B-a/b/c).
- TRAVEL TO STARS IS A QUIXOTIC EFFORT? (nyt-20090610-a/b/c).
- SPACE TRAVEL IS HARMFUL TO HEALTH? (wired-a/b/c & nyt-20140127).
- HUMANS ARE BEST IN THE UNIVERSE? (nyt-20080617-a/b/c).
- HUMANKIND'S "PROGRESS" (pgh-20081208-a/b/c).
- USA: MORE VALUABLE THAN MONEY? (nyt-20130426A or B-a/b/c).
- WIKIPEDIA IS A LOT OF FUN TO EDIT (nyt-20130329A or B-a/b/c).
My "New York Times" comments (latest – 10)Edit
- USA: Thinking In Some Small Counties Could Be Better?(nyt-20191005). - NEW
- Medical: Eating Meat May Be Harmful To Health?(nyt-20191001). - NEW
- Science: Preserving The Natural Living World Is Worthy? (nyt-20190506). - NEW
- USA: Governing The Country Could Be Better? (nyt-20190423). - NEW
- Science: First-Ever Image of a Black Hole (M87 Galaxy) (nyt-20190410) (1+2). - NEW
- USA: Health Care Thinking Could Be Better? (nyt-20190326). - NEW
- Science: The Biological Evolution Of Beauty? (nyt-20190110). - NEW
- USA: Tax Cut – No "Trickle Down" Again – Wages Decreased? (nyt-20180813).
- Science: Better Way To Avoid Devastating Asteroids Needed? (nyt-20180618).
- USA: Tax Cut – Historic Heist – Big Loss To Most Americans? (nyt-20171202).
|Awards: In The News|
|Awards: Did You Know?|
|Awards: Featured Picture|
Top editor Articles (60/selected)Edit
- Award – Grand Design (2010 book) by Stephen Hawking
- Animal tracks
- Aromatum Chaos (Mars terrain)
- Blue Movie (1969 film) by Andy Warhol
- Bright spots on Ceres (dwarf planet)
- Ceres (dwarf planet)
- Cerutti Mastodon site (humans in america/130k bp?)
- Comet 67P (first-ever comet landing)
- Curiosity (Mars rover)
- Dynamic Albedo of Neutrons (DAN/Mars rover)
- Farrell, Pennsylvania
- Gale (Mars crater)
- Geology of Charon (moon of Pluto)
- HD 139139 (oddly dimming star) - NEW
- Heartbleed (computer security vulnerability)
- Hermitage, Pennsylvania
- Homo naledi (early human)
- Jake Matijevic (Mars rock)
- Jezero (Mars crater) – Mars 2020 site
- Kepler (space telescope)
- Kepler-1625b I (1st known exomoon)
- Link (Mars rock)
- List of rocks on Mars (Mars rocks)
- Luncheon of the Boating Party by Renoir
- Mars 2020 (Mars rover)
- Mars-3 (Mars lander)
- McLaughlin (Mars crater)
- Misty Beethoven (1976 film) by Radley Metzger
- Nexus for Exoplanet System Science (NExSS)
- Ourasphaira giraldae (early land fungus) - NEW
- Pamela Mann (1974 film) by Radley Metzger
- Planck (space telescope)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon
- Radiation Assessment Detector (RAD/Mars rover)
- Radley Metzger (aka "Henry Paris") (film director)
- Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM/Mars rover)
- Score (1974 film) by Radley Metzger
- Sharon, Pennsylvania
- Shellshock (software bug)
- SM0313 (oldest star)
- Solaris (1968 film) (1st adaptation of novel)
- Solaris (1961 novel) by Stanisław Lem
- Subsatellite (moon of a moon)
- Tabby's Star (oddly dimming star)
- The Image (1975 film) by Radley Metzger
- Timeline of Mars Curiosity rover
- Wind River Range (Rocky Mtns, Wyo, USA) - NEW
- WISE J224607.57-052635.0 (brightest galaxy)
- Zazel (1997 film) by Philip Mond
My created Articles (240)Edit
- Aeolis Mons (Mars mountain - Mount Sharp)
- Aeolis Palus (Mars plain)
- A.I. Rising (2018 film) by Lazar Bodrosa - NEW
- Allan Hills 77005 (Mars meteorite found on Earth) - NEW
- Andrew Siemion (astrophysicist)
- Apidima Cave (oldest modern humans in Europe) - NEW
- Archicebus achilles (fossil - earliest primate)
- ASASSN-V J213939.3-702817.4 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Astrobiology Magazine
- AT2018cow (mega-supernova)
- Avimaia schweitzerae (1st fossil bird found w/ unlaid egg) - NEW
- Bathurst Inlet (Mars rock)
- Benz(e)acephenanthrylene (PAH)
- Black Hole Initiative (Harvard University)
- BlueBorne (computer security vulnerability)
- BlueKeep (computer security vulnerability) - NEW
- Brief Answers to Big Questions (2018 book) by Stephen Hawking
- Bya (unit)/Billions of years ago (simple wiki) - NEW
- C/2016 U1 (NEOWISE) (comet)
- Cancer (2015 PBS documentary)
- Caveasphaera (possibly earliest animal) - NEW
- Chemical gardening (minerals that mimic biology) - NEW
- Chemistry and Camera complex (ChemCam)
- Circumplanetary disk - NEW
- Cosmos Redshift 7 (CR7) (galaxy)
- Dawn of Humanity (2015 PBS documentary)
- DENIS-P J082303.1-491201 b (exoplanet)
- Denny (1st hybrid hominin found) (test)
- Disrupted planet (destruction of a planet)
- Dyakonov-Voigt wave (new light wave) - NEW
- Earliest known life forms
- Earliest known life forms (simple wiki)
- Earth phases as seen from the Moon - NEW
- Earth phases as seen from the Moon (simple wiki) - NEW
- Ecliptic Plane Input Catalog (EPIC) - NEW
- EPIC 204376071 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Exocomet (comet outside Solar System)
- Exposing Microorganisms in the Stratosphere (E-MIST)
- Extraterrestrial sky (simple wiki) - NEW
- 55th Street Playhouse (NYC)
- Foreshadow (disambiguation)
- Foreshadow (computer security vulnerability)
- Friendly Fascism (1980 book) by Bertram Gross
- Galactic Center GeV Excess (XS γ-rays in Milky Way) - NEW
- Generic object of dark energy (GEODE) - NEW
- Genius (U.S. TV series) (Einstein, Picasso, others)
- Geography of Pluto
- Gliese 163 c (exoplanet in habitable zone)
- Goulburn (Mars rock outcrop)
- GRB 150101B (gamma-ray burst: similar to GW170817 event)
- GRB 160625B (gamma-ray burst: 1st in real-time)
- GRB 170817A (gamma-ray burst: associated with GW170817)
- GRB 190114C (gamma-ray burst: most energetic detected) - NEW
- GW170817 (5th gravitational wave detection)
- Hachimoji DNA (synthetic 8-base DNA) - NEW
- Hawking (2013 film) about Stephen Hawking
- HD 21749 (star & 2 exoplanets) - NEW
- HD 219134 b (rocky exoplanet)
- Hereford Arizona Observatory
- Hillary Montes (Pluto)
- Hottah (Mars rock outcrop)
- Human Genome Synthesis
- Human Nature (2019 film documentary) (CRISPR) - NEW
- Icarus (farthest star detected)
- Illustris project (cosmology)
- Jacob Matijevic (NASA scientist)
- Jan Bogdan (1608 American pioneer) (test)
- K2-288Bb (exoplanet – super-Earth) - NEW
- Kepler-69 (star & 2 exoplanets)
- Kepler-69c (exoplanet – super-Earth)
- Keper-90i (exoplanet – super-Earth)
- Kepler-296e (exoplanet – Earth-size)
- Kepler-296f (exoplanet – super-Earth)
- Kepler-438b (exoplanet – Earth-size)
- Kepler-440b (exoplanet – super-Earth)
- Kepler-442b (exoplanet – Earth-size)
- Kepler-444 (star & 5 exoplanets)
- Keper-452b (exoplanet – super-Earth)
- LB-1 (star orbiting over-massive stellar black hole) - NEW
- List of Gravitational Wave observations
- List of stars that dim oddly - NEW
- Lulu and Nana (1st gene edited humans)
- Making North America (2015 PBS documentary)
- Mangala Fossa (Mars trough)
- Mars Hope (orbiter)
- Matijevic Hill (Mars)
- Moonmoon (moon of a moon) (test)
- Mount Sharp (Mars)
- NameExoWorlds (I.A.U. projects) - NEW
- Nautilus Deep Space Observatory - NEW
- Nepenthes Mensae (Mars plateau) - NEW
- New Andy Warhol Garrick Theatre (NYC)
- NGTS-1b (exoplanet – "hot Jupiter")
- OGLE-2016-BLG-1190Lb (massive exoplanet)
- OGLE-2016-BLG-1195Lb (exoplanet – Earth-size)
- Oxia Planum (Mars plain)
- Peace Vallis (Mars valley)
- Pentecopterus decorahens (fossil – 1st big predator)
- PH2 (star – Sun-like) & PH2b (exoplanet – Jupiter-size)
- Philip Mond (film director)
- Piano Sonata No. 9 by Prokofiev
- Piano Sonata No. 10 by Prokofiev
- Piano Sonata No. 11 by Prokofiev
- Planet Simulator (chemistry)
- Planetary Instrument for X-Ray Lithochemistry (PIXL)
- Prehistoric Autopsy (2012 BBC documentary)
- Robert Sharp (Mars crater)
- Robert P. Sharp (NASA engineer)
- Rocknest (Mars sand patch)
- Rocknest 3 (Mars rock)
- RZ Piscium (star with odd light fluctuations)
- Scanning Habitable Environments (SHERLOC)
- Science tourism
- Science tourism (simple wiki)
- Search for the Super Battery (2017 PBS documentary)
- S5-HVS1 (fastest detected star) - NEW
- SISTINE NASA mission - NEW
- Space Chase USA (2019 PBS documentary) - NEW
- Spaceship Earth (simple wiki) - NEW
- Spectre (computer security vulnerability)
- StarChip (interstellar spacecraft)
- Tersicoccus phoenicis (bacterium – resists spacecraft cleaning)
- The Bob Cummings Show (tv eps)
- The Bob Cummings Show/New (tv eps)
- The Bomb (2015 PBS documentary)
- The Glass Fortress (2016 film) by Alain Bourret (test)
- The Great Martian War 1913 – 1917 (2013 film)
- The Joy of Science (2001) – 60 lectures by Robert Hazen (test)
- The Machine (2013 film) by Caradog W. James
- The Mystery of Matter (2014 PBS documentary)
- The Roosevelts (2014 PBS documentary)
- Tintina (Mars rock)
- Titanium (computer malware) - NEW
- TOI 677 b (exoplanet – super-Jupiter) - NEW
- TOI 700 (star & 3 exoplanets) - NEW
- TOI 700 d (exoplanet – Earth-size)] - NEW
- Trapeze (ballet) by Prokofiev
- 2MASS J18082002-5104378 B (very old star)
- ULAS J1342+0928 (farthest quasar/black hole)
- UniverseMachine (simulated universes) - NEW
- Unnatural Selection (TV documentary/CRISPR) - NEW
- VVV-WIT-07 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Walt Disney (2015 PBS documentary)
- WASP-31b ("hot Jupiter" exoplanet)
- WASP-39b (exoplanet with water in atmosphere)
- WASP-121 (host star to exoplanet WASP-121b)
- WASP-121b (exoplanet with water in stratosphere)
- WD 0145+234 (star disrupting an exoasteroid) - NEW
- Wir (1982 film) by Vojtěch Jasný
- X17 particle (hypothetical subatomic particle) - NEW
- Yamato 000593 (meteorite)
- Zazel (spirit of Saturn)
- Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua (1st primate clones)
- ZTF J0139+5245 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Species:Pentecopterus decorahensis
- Species:Tersicoccus phoenicis
- Category:Files by User:Drbogdan
My uploaded Images (1,915)Edit
Major Edits & InterestsEdit
|Tools & Gadgets|
|DB-X!Edits & DB-OverallEdits & DB-GlobalEdits & WikiCheckerNEW & DB-WikiChecker & DB-PagesCreated & DB-PagesCreated-old & DB-Templates & DB-PubLogs & DB-Transclusions & DB-Views/90d-se & DB-Views/90d & DB-NewPages/60d.|
- Bogdan, Dennis (1980). "Excessive 'Performance Ranges' Specified For Control Material By Supplier. (L)" (PDF). Clinical Chemistry (journal). 26: 1370–1372. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (1978). "Inaccuracy In Acid Phosphatase Kit Method. (L)" (PDF). Clinical Chemistry (journal). 24: 168–169. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis; Bishop, C. W. (1974). "Differences Between Manufacturer-Assigned Values And Observed Values Of Alkaline Phosphatase Activity In A Commercial SMA Calibration Serum. (L)" (PDF). Clinical Chemistry (journal). 20: 1244–1245. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis; Juchau, M. R. (1970). "Characteristics Of Induced Benzpyrene Hydroxylase Activity In The Rat Foeto-Placental Unit". European Journal of Pharmacology. 10: 119–126. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (1973). "Interactions Of Benzopyrene And Nucleic Acids In The Presence Of A Mixed-Function Oxidase System - Ph.D. Thesis (requires login)". State University of New York at Buffalo. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (December 2, 2012). "Comment - Life Thrives Throughout Universe?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (June 3, 2008). "Comment - Life Can Thrive Without Water?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- Bogdan, Dennis (March 22, 2013). "Comment - Universe *Pulls* Life To Complexity?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (June 10, 2009). "Comment - Travel To Stars Is A Quixotic Effort?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (January 27, 2014). "Comment - Space Travel Is Harmful To Health?". The New York Times. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (June 17, 2008). "Comment - Humans Are Best In The Universe?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Bogdan, Dennis (December 8, 2008). "Comment - Humankind's 'Progress'". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (April 26, 2013). "Comment - USA: More Valuable Than Money?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (March 27, 2013). "Comment - Wikipedia Is A Lot Of Fun To Edit". The New York Times. Archived from the original on April 22, 2014. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- My Publications Page (mirror)
- My Original Music
- My Internet Presence:
- WATCH – Wikipedia Edit History – of Any Article.
- LISTEN – To Wikipedia Being Edited – in Real-Time.
- LEARN – How To Edit Wikipedia – The Movie (03:03).
10 AWESOME SCIENCE FACTS (click for => NEW updated better version)HIGHLIGHTS by Years (including 2000s); Breakthroughs; History; Outline; Timelines (Human, Life, Nature); Questions.
- FACT => ASTRONOMERS have estimated that there are as many as "One Septillion" (or, 1×1024) STARS in the UNIVERSE – more stars than all the grains of beach sand on the planet EARTH.
- FACT => ASTRONOMERS have confirmed (as of January 1, 2020) => "4,160" ExoPLANETS (in "3,090" ExoPlanet Systems and "676" Multi-ExoPlanetary Systems) – after studying only a very small portion of the starry sky.
- FACT => The NASA PROBES currently active on the planet MARS (as of January 17, 2020) are the following:
"CURIOSITY Rover" => "2648 Sols" (2720 Days) (7 years, 164 days) (landed August 6, 2012).
"INSIGHT Lander" => "406 Sols" (417 Days) (1 year, 52 days) (landed November 26, 2018).
(USA Flag on Mars – Weather:Curiosity/InSight – Mars Rocks –"Martians Found?").
- FACT => A SPACESHIP from planet EARTH speeding "165,000 miles an hour" (as fast as our fastest one), would take nearly "20,000 years" to travel beyond our Solar System to the nearest star Proxima Centauri – with no worthy place to land.
- FACT => "SPACESHIP PLANET EARTH" is speeding about "One Million miles an hour" through outer space and, along with the rest of the Milky Way Galaxy, is traveling toward Andromeda Galaxy. (talk).
- FACT => The UNIVERSE contains LIFE – on planet EARTH – at least – and – we are NOT ALONE – Life abounds – wherever we are – with Microorganisms – at the very minimum.
- FACT => BIOLOGISTS currently understand that Microorganisms were the only known LIFE FORMS present during the earliest "85%" of time since the planet EARTH was formed "4.54 billion years ago" – Plants and Animals appear much more recently – in the latest "15%" of time – Modern Humans, much more recently yet – in less than the latest "0.005%" of time.
- FACT => BIOLOGISTS have estimated that over "99%" of "All" SPECIES of LIFE FORMS that have ever lived on planet EARTH are now EXTINCT.
- FACT => CHEMISTS have determined that "All" LIFE FORMS on planet EARTH are "ONE" particular chemical – with astronomical variations.
WIKIPEDIA – The Free Encyclopedia
WIKIPEDIA – The 5th most popular site on the Internet, was launched on January 15, 2001 (1st edit by co-founder Jimmy Wales), is currently published in over 300 languages, has been freely available worldwide for 19 years and 2 days – Wikipedia has 51,542,106 total articles (5,996,624 in English (stats); 151,656 in Simple English) – *VITAL ARTICLES*: 10–100–1000; *BEST ARTICLES*: 30,503; *POPULAR ARTICLES*: Last 24 hours; Last Week: Top25; Top5000 – and has (for the English version) 1,142 administrators and 124,412 active editors – as of 20:41, January 17, 2020 (UTC).
- Wikipedia => Is "over 85 times" the size of Encyclopedia Britannica. (calc)
- Wikipedia => Is encoded in synthetic DNA strands – as of June 2019.
- Wikipedia => Is laser-etched in glass on the Moon – as of April 2019.
- Wikipedia => Is available as 7,473 Books for $500,000 – as of July 2015.
- Wikipedia => Is honored with a Monument – as of October 2014.
- Wikipedia => Is the name of an Asteroid – as of January 2013.
- Wikipedia => "Is one of the Jewels in the internet’s crown."
- Wikipedia => "Nos Auxilium Facere Interrete Non Lactaverunt."
- Wikipedia => "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's what we're doing."
- 01000100 01110010 00101110 00100000 01000100 01100101 01101110 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100000 01000010 01101111 01100111 01100100 01100001 01101110 00100000 00101101 00100000 01000101 01101110 01101010 01101111 01111001 00100001 00100000 00111010 00101001 (binary translator)
- rfar · rfc · rfcu · ssp |
This is a Wikipedia user page.
Category:American chemists Category:American molecular biologists Category:American scientists Category:Living people Category:Molecular biologists Category:1944 births Category:People from Sharon, Pennsylvania Category:Scientists from Pittsburgh Category:20th-century American scientists