Drbogdan – My Professional Background Includes Publishing Medical Research Studies, Directing Hospital Laboratories And Lecturing University Students. Also, I Have Headed Science Fairs And Have Been Associated With, For A Brief Time, The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra And The Pittsburgh Ballet Theater. My Professional Background Is Summarized In More Detail On My Publications Page.
- 1 My Links
- 2 My Awards
- 3 My Contributions
- 4 Major Edits & Interests
- 5 Tools & Gadgets
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See also
- 8 References (14/selected)
- 9 External links
- My Publications Page
- My Original Music (archive) & My Original Music Videos.
- My FREE Quality Education Page.
- My FaceBook & My LiveJournal.
- My Wikipedia Page (a-at/b-bt/c-ct/p-pt/w-wt).
MyShortLinks: j.mp/drb123w & j.mp/drb123wiki.
- GOOGLE Me; or BING Me; or YAHOO Me.
- EMAIL Me => @WIKIPEDIA or @YAHOO.
|My other links|
|* Dr. Dennis Bogdan - Wikipedia Master Editor III|
|* My FaceBook (drbogdan)|
|* My FaceBook Posts (drbogdan)|
|* GooglePlus+ (Dennis Bogdan)|
|* InstantGram (DrDennisBogdan)|
|* LinkedIN (Dr Dennis Bogdan)|
|* LiveJournal (drbogdan)|
|* MySpace (drbogdan)|
|* Twitter (drbogdan)|
|* Flickr (drbogdan)|
|* LiveStream (drbogdan)|
|* MyCamPage (drbogdan)|
|* Skype (drbogdan2)|
|* UStream (drbogdan)|
|* DocStoc (Dennis Bogdan)|
|* Quality Education (+ WebED)|
|* Joanne Bogdan (Editor/Citizendium)|
|* Joanne Bogdan (Editor/Wikipedia)|
|* Dr. Dennis Bogdan (Editor/Citizendium)|
|* Dr. Dennis Bogdan (Editor/Wikipedia)|
(commons / data / media / meta / source /
wikibooks / wikinews / wikiquote / wikispecies / wikiversity / wikivoyage / wiktionary /
de / en / en-simple / es / fi / fr / it / ja / lb / nl / no / ru / ru-news / sk / sl / sr / sv / uk / zh).
[NOTE: Please CLICK for the published comment - may take a moment to appear.]
- LIFE THRIVES THROUGHOUT UNIVERSE? (nyt-20121202A or B-a/b/c).
- LIFE CAN THRIVE WITHOUT WATER? (nyt-20080603-a/b/c).
- UNIVERSE *PULLS* LIFE TO COMPLEXITY? (nyt-20130323A or B-a/b/c).
- TRAVEL TO STARS IS A QUIXOTIC EFFORT? (nyt-20090610-a/b/c).
- SPACE TRAVEL IS HARMFUL TO HEALTH? (wired-a/b/c & nyt-20140127).
- HUMANS ARE BEST IN THE UNIVERSE? (nyt-20080617-a/b/c).
- HUMANKIND'S "PROGRESS" (pgh-20081208-a/b/c).
- USA: MORE VALUABLE THAN MONEY? (nyt-20130426A or B-a/b/c).
- WIKIPEDIA IS A LOT OF FUN TO EDIT (nyt-20130329A or B-a/b/c).
My "New York Times" comments (latest – 10)Edit
- Science: Preserving The Natural Living World Is Worthy? (nyt-20190506). - NEW
- USA: Governing The Country Could Be Better? (nyt-20190423). - NEW
- Science: First-Ever Image of a Black Hole (M87 Galaxy) (nyt-20190410) (1+2). - NEW
- USA: Health Care Thinking Could Be Better? (nyt-20190326). - NEW
- Science: The Biological Evolution Of Beauty? (nyt-20190110). - NEW
- USA: Tax Cut – No "Trickle Down" Again – Wages Decreased? (nyt-20180813).
- Science: Better Way To Avoid Devastating Asteroids Needed? (nyt-20180618).
- USA: Tax Cut – Historic Heist – Big Loss To Most Americans? (nyt-20171202).
- USA: Health Care For All Is Better? (nyt-20170726).
- Medical: Eating Meat Causes Cancer? (nyt-20151026) (1+2+3+4).
WIKIPEDIA – The Free Encyclopedia
WIKIPEDIA – The 5th most popular site on the Internet, was launched on January 15, 2001 (1st edit by co-founder Jimmy Wales), is currently published in over 300 languages, has been freely available worldwide for 18 years, 8 months and 4 days – Wikipedia has 51,078,419 total articles (5,932,639 in English (stats); 149,414 in Simple English) – *VITAL ARTICLES*: 10–100–1000; *BEST ARTICLES*: 30,097; *POPULAR ARTICLES*: Last 24 hours; Last Week: Top25; Top5000 – and has (for the English version) 1,151 administrators and 128,690 active editors – as of 15:16, September 19, 2019 (UTC).
- Wikipedia => Is "over 85 times" the size of Encyclopedia Britannica. (calc)
- Wikipedia => Is encoded in synthetic DNA strands – as of June 2019.
- Wikipedia => Is laser-etched in glass on the Moon – as of April 2019.
- Wikipedia => Is available as 7,473 Books for $500,000 – as of July 2015.
- Wikipedia => Is honored with a Monument – as of October 2014.
- Wikipedia => Is the name of an Asteroid – as of January 2013.
- Wikipedia => "Is one of the Jewels in the internet’s crown."
- Wikipedia => "Nos Auxilium Facere Interrete Non Lactaverunt."
- Wikipedia => "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's what we're doing."
SCIENCE NEWSHIGHLIGHTS by Years (including 2000s); History; Outline; Timelines (Human, Life, Nature); Questions.
- ASTRONOMERS have confirmed (as of September 1, 2019) => 4,109 Extrasolar Planets (in 3,059 Planetary Systems and 667 Multiple Planetary Systems).
- NASA PROBES that are currently active on the planet Mars (as of September 19, 2019):
"CURIOSITY" => 2531 Sols (2600 Days) (7 years, 44 days) (landed August 6, 2012).
"INSIGHT" => 289 Sols (297 Days) (297 days) (landed November 26, 2018).
(USA Flag on Mars – Weather:Curiosity/InSight – Mars Rocks –"Martians Found?").
|Awards: In The News|
|Awards: Did You Know?|
|Awards: Featured Picture|
Top editor Articles (60/selected)Edit
- Award DYK – The Grand Design (2010 book)
- Animal tracks
- Aromatum Chaos (Mars terrain)
- Blue Movie (1969 film) by Andy Warhol
- Bright spots on Ceres (dwarf planet)
- Ceres (dwarf planet)
- Cerutti Mastodon site (humans in america/130k bp?)
- Comet 67P (first-ever comet landing)
- Curiosity (Mars rover)
- Dynamic Albedo of Neutrons (DAN/Mars rover)
- Farrell, Pennsylvania
- Gale (Mars crater)
- Geology of Charon (moon of Pluto)
- HD 139139 (oddly dimming star) - NEW
- Heartbleed (security vulnerability)
- Hermitage, Pennsylvania
- Homo naledi (early human)
- Jake Matijevic (Mars rock)
- James Avalon (film director)
- Jezero (Mars crater) – Mars 2020 site
- Kepler (space telescope)
- Kepler-1625b I (1st known exomoon)
- Link (Mars rock)
- List of rocks on Mars
- Lunar north pole
- Luncheon of the Boating Party by Renoir
- Mars 2020 (Mars rover)
- Mars-3 (Mars lander)
- McLaughlin (Mars crater)
- Nexus for Exoplanet System Science (NExSS)
- Ourasphaira giraldae (early land fungus) - NEW
- Planck (space telescope)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon
- Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann (1974 film)
- Radiation Assessment Detector (RAD/Mars rover)
- Radley Metzger (aka "Henry Paris") (film director)
- Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM/Mars rover)
- Sharon, Pennsylvania
- Shellshock (software bug)
- SM0313 (oldest star)
- Solaris (1968 film)
- Solaris (1961 novel)
- Tabby's Star (oddly dimming star)
- Timeline of Mars Curiosity rover
- Wheatland, Pennsylvania
- Wind River Range (Rocky Mtns, Wyo, USA) - NEW
- WISE J224607.57-052635.0 (brightest galaxy)
- Zazel (1997 film)
My created Articles (192)Edit
- Aeolis Mons (Mars)
- Aeolis Palus (Mars)
- A.I. Rising (2018 film) - NEW
- Allan Hills 77005 (Mars meteorite found on Earth) - NEW
- Andrew Siemion (astrophysicist)
- Apidima Cave (oldest modern humans in Europe) - NEW
- Archicebus achilles (fossil - earliest primate)
- ASASSN-V J213939.3-702817.4 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Astrobiology Magazine
- AT2018cow (mega-supernova) - NEW
- Avimaia schweitzerae (1st fossil bird found w/ unlaid egg) - NEW
- Barbara Broadcast (1977 film)
- Bathurst Inlet (Mars rock)
- Benz(e)acephenanthrylene (PAH)
- Black Hole Initiative (Harvard University)
- BlueBorne (security vulnerability)
- BlueKeep (security vulnerability) - NEW
- Brief Answers to the Big Questions (2018 book) - NEW
- Bya (unit)/Billions of years ago (simple wiki) - NEW
- C/2016 U1 (NEOWISE) (comet)
- Cancer (2015 PBS documentary)
- Chemistry and Camera complex (ChemCam)
- Circumplanetary disk - NEW
- Cosmos Redshift 7 (CR7) (galaxy)
- Dark Odyssey (1961 film)
- Dawn of Humanity (2015 PBS documentary)
- DENIS-P J082303.1-491201 b (exoplanet)
- Denny (1st hybrid hominin found) (test)
- Disrupted planet
- Dyakonov-Voigt wave (new light wave) - NEW
- Earliest known life forms
- Earliest known life forms (simple wiki)
- Earth phases as seen from the Moon - NEW
- Earth phases as seen from the Moon (simple wiki) - NEW
- Ecliptic Plane Input Catalog (EPIC) - NEW
- EPIC 204376071 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Exposing Microorganisms in the Stratosphere (E-MIST)
- Extraterrestrial sky (simple wiki) - NEW
- 55th Street Playhouse (NYC)
- Foreshadow (disambiguation)
- Foreshadow (security vulnerability)
- Friendly Fascism (1980 book)
- Galactic Center GeV Excess (XS γ-rays in Milky Way) - NEW
- Generic object of dark energy (GEODE) - NEW
- Genius (U.S. TV series) (Einstein, Picasso, others)
- Geography of Pluto
- Gliese 163 c (exoplanet)
- Goulburn (Mars rock outcrop)
- GRB 150101B (gamma-ray burst: similar to GW170817 event)
- GRB 160625B (gamma-ray burst: 1st in real-time)
- GRB 170817A (gamma-ray burst: associated with GW170817)
- GW170817 (5th gravitational wave detection)
- Hachimoji DNA (synthetic 8-base DNA) - NEW
- Hawking (2013 film)
- HD 21749 (star & 2 exoplanets) - NEW
- HD 219134 b (rocky exoplanet)
- Hereford Arizona Observatory
- Hillary Montes (Pluto)
- Hottah (Mars rock outcrop)
- Human Genome Synthesis
- Human Nature (2019 film documentary) (CRISPR) - NEW
- Icarus (farthest star detected)
- Illustris project (cosmology)
- Jacob Matijevic (NASA scientist)
- Jan Bogdan (1608 American pioneer) (test)
- K2-288Bb (exoplanet) - NEW
- Kepler-69 (star & 2 exoplanets)
- Kepler-69c (exoplanet)
- Keper-90i (exoplanet)
- Kepler-296e (exoplanet)
- Kepler-296f (exoplanet)
- Kepler-438b (exoplanet)
- Kepler-440b (exoplanet)
- Kepler-442b (exoplanet)
- Kepler-444 (star & 5 exoplanets)
- Keper-452b (exoplanet)
- List of Gravitational Wave observations
- List of stars that dim oddly - NEW
- Lulu and Nana (1st gene edited humans)
- Making North America (2015 PBS documentary)
- Mangala Fossa (Mars trough)
- Maraschino Cherry (1978 film)
- Mars Hope (orbiter)
- Matijevic Hill (Mars)
- Moonmoon (moon of a moon) (test)
- Mount Sharp (Mars)
- Naked Came The Stranger (1975 film)
- NameExoWorlds (I.A.U. projects) - NEW
- Nautilus Deep Space Observatory - NEW
- Nepenthes Mensae (Mars) - NEW
- New Andy Warhol Garrick Theatre (NYC)
- NGTS-1b (exoplanet)
- OGLE-2016-BLG-1190Lb (massive exoplanet)
- OGLE-2016-BLG-1195Lb (exoplanet)
- Oxia Planum (Mars)
- Peace Vallis (Mars)
- Pentecopterus decorahens (fossil – 1st big predator)
- PH2 (exoplanet)
- Philip Mond (film director)
- Piano Sonata No. 9 (Prokofiev)
- Piano Sonata No. 10 (Prokofiev)
- Piano Sonata No. 11 (Prokofiev)
- Planet Simulator (chemistry)
- Planetary Instrument for X-Ray Lithochemistry (PIXL)
- Prehistoric Autopsy (2012 BBC documentary)
- Robert Sharp (Mars crater)
- Robert P. Sharp (NASA engineer)
- Rocknest (Mars sand patch)
- Rocknest 3 (Mars rock)
- RZ Piscium (star with odd light fluctuations)
- Scanning Habitable Environments (SHERLOC)
- Science tourism
- Science tourism (simple wiki)
- Search for the Super Battery (2017 PBS documentary)
- SISTINE NASA mission - NEW
- Space Chase USA (2019 PBS documentary) - NEW
- Spaceship Earth (simple wiki) - NEW
- Spectre (security vulnerability)
- StarChip (interstellar spacecraft)
- Tersicoccus phoenicis (bacterium)
- The Bob Cummings Show (tv eps)
- The Bob Cummings Show/New (tv eps)
- The Bomb (2015 PBS documentary)
- The Glass Fortress (2016 film) (test)
- The Great Martian War 1913 – 1917 (2013 film)
- The Joy of Science (2001) – 60 lectures (test)
- The Machine (2013 film)
- The Mystery of Matter (2014 PBS documentary)
- The Roosevelts (2014 PBS documentary)
- Trapeze (Prokofiev)
- 2MASS J18082002-5104378 B (very old star)
- 2018 CL (asteroid) - NEW
- ULAS J1342+0928 (farthest quasar/black hole)
- UniverseMachine (simulated universes) - NEW
- VVV-WIT-07 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Walt Disney (2015 PBS documentary)
- Wir (1982 film)
- Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua (1st primate clones)
- ZTF J0139+5245 (odd dimming star) - NEW
- Category:Files by User:Drbogdan
My uploaded Images (1,827)Edit
Major Edits & InterestsEdit
|Tools & Gadgets|
|DB-X!Edits & DB-OverallEdits & DB-GlobalEdits & WikiCheckerNEW & DB-WikiChecker & DB-PagesCreated & DB-PagesCreated-old & DB-Templates & DB-PubLogs & DB-Transclusions & DB-Views/90d-se & DB-Views/90d & DB-NewPages/60d.|
- Bogdan, Dennis (1980). "Excessive 'Performance Ranges' Specified For Control Material By Supplier. (L)" (PDF). Clinical Chemistry (journal). 26: 1370–1372. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (1978). "Inaccuracy In Acid Phosphatase Kit Method. (L)" (PDF). Clinical Chemistry (journal). 24: 168–169. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis; Bishop, C. W. (1974). "Differences Between Manufacturer-Assigned Values And Observed Values Of Alkaline Phosphatase Activity In A Commercial SMA Calibration Serum. (L)" (PDF). Clinical Chemistry (journal). 20: 1244–1245. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis; Juchau, M. R. (1970). "Characteristics Of Induced Benzpyrene Hydroxylase Activity In The Rat Foeto-Placental Unit". European Journal of Pharmacology. 10: 119–126. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (1973). "Interactions Of Benzopyrene And Nucleic Acids In The Presence Of A Mixed-Function Oxidase System - Ph.D. Thesis (requires login)". State University of New York at Buffalo. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (December 2, 2012). "Comment - Life Thrives Throughout Universe?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bogdan, Dennis (June 3, 2008). "Comment - Life Can Thrive Without Water?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bogdan, Dennis (March 22, 2013). "Comment - Universe *Pulls* Life To Complexity?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bogdan, Dennis (June 10, 2009). "Comment - Travel To Stars Is A Quixotic Effort?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bogdan, Dennis (January 27, 2014). "Comment - Space Travel Is Harmful To Health?". The New York Times. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (June 17, 2008). "Comment - Humans Are Best In The Universe?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved November 21, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bogdan, Dennis (December 8, 2008). "Comment - Humankind's 'Progress'". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Bogdan, Dennis (April 26, 2013). "Comment - USA: More Valuable Than Money?". The New York Times. Archived from the original on October 3, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bogdan, Dennis (March 27, 2013). "Comment - Wikipedia Is A Lot Of Fun To Edit". The New York Times. Archived from the original on April 22, 2014. Retrieved June 20, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- My Publications Page (mirror)
- My Original Music
- My Internet Presence:
- WATCH – Wikipedia Edit History – of Any Article.
- LISTEN – To Wikipedia Being Edited – in Real-Time.
- LEARN – How To Edit Wikipedia – The Movie (03:03).
01000100 01110010 00101110 00100000 01000100 01100101 01101110 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100000 01000010 01101111 01100111 01100100 01100001 01101110 00100000 00101101 00100000 01000101 01101110 01101010 01101111 01111001 00100001 00100000 00111010 00101001 (binary translator)
This is a Wikipedia user page.
Category:American chemists Category:American molecular biologists Category:American scientists Category:Living people Category:Molecular biologists Category:1944 births Category:People from Sharon, Pennsylvania Category:Scientists from Pittsburgh Category:20th-century American scientists