|next DYK update: 00:00, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: 02:55, 13 August 2022 (UTC)Last updated: 2 hours ago(
|Did you know?|
|Introduction and Rules|
|Introduction and rules||WP:DYK|
|April 1 hooks||WP:DYKAPRIL|
|Preps and queues||T:DYK/Q|
|Main Page errors||WP:ERRORS|
|On the Main Page|
|Just for fun|
|List of users...|
- ... that the earliest-known Phoenician inscriptions (examples pictured) were found near Bethlehem?
- ... that women's rights activist Susan B. Anthony spoke twice at the now defunct Academy of Music in Sioux City, Iowa, during the 1870s?
- ... that upon his rescue, Alexander Armstrong retrieved his journal against his captain's orders, and its publication contradicted the captain's claims about their chances of survival?
- ... that Jesse Fuller's first release of his song "You're No Good" was more than a year after Bob Dylan had included it on his debut album?
- ... that when reggae musician Bob Marley was arrested in London for cannabis possession, he falsely told the police he lived in Collingham Gardens?
- ... that in 1948, Thomas Yarborough became the first African American to be elected as a city council member in California?
- ... that U.S. sanctions against Iran have adversely impacted Iranian children with epidermolysis bullosa, among other patients?
- ... that Lillian Chase became interested in diabetes after meeting the first patient to receive insulin, and went on to become an expert in the disease?