Template:In the news
- Nursultan Nazarbayev (pictured) resigns as the first President of Kazakhstan after a 29-year tenure, appointing Kassym-Jomart Tokayev as interim president.
- Karen Uhlenbeck becomes the first woman to be awarded the Abel Prize in mathematics.
- A gunman kills three people and injures five others in a shooting in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- More than 90 people are killed by a flash flood and landslide in Jayapura Regency and Jayapura, Indonesia.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest – encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event – rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: after updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
- Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.