Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (formerly Shenzhen Huangtian Airport) (IATA: SZX, ICAO: ZGSZ) is the airport serving the city of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. It is located on the east bank of the Pearl River near Huangtian and Fuyong villages in Bao'an District, and is 32 km (20 mi) northwest of the city center. It is a hub for Shenzhen Airlines and Shenzhen Donghai Airlines and for cargo airline SF Airlines, and a focus city for China Southern Airlines and Hainan Airlines. The airport also serves as an Asian-Pacific cargo hub for UPS Airlines. The airport is undergoing major expansion with a second runway completed and opened in 2011 and a new terminal which opened in 2013.
|Operator||Shenzhen Airport Company Ltd.|
|Opened||12 October 1991|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport|
It is one of the three largest airport hubs serving the Pearl River Delta, alongside Hong Kong International Airport and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The airport also has direct ferry routes to Hong Kong International Airport, where passengers can transit without going through immigration and custom checks, akin to transit between two flights.
The airport was opened on 12 October 1991. It occupies an area of 10.8 km2 (2,700 acres). Its original runway is 3400 m long and 45 m wide, and it has 53 parking spaces on its apron.
Shenzhen airport handled 26,713,610 passengers in 2010, according to Civil Aviation Administration of China, making it the fifth busiest in China. The airport was also China's 4th busiest and world's 24th busiest airport in terms of cargo traffic, registering 947,150 tonnes of freight in the year to September 2014. In terms of passenger movements, Shenzhen airport was the 5th busiest airport in China in 2015.
- Terminal A – for domestic flights (closed from 10pm 27 November 2013)
- Terminal B – for domestic flights (closed from 10pm 27 November 2013)
- Terminal D – for international flights (closed from 10pm 27 November 2013)
These terminals covered an area of 152,000 sq meters and consisting of 24 jetways. The International Terminal D was opened in December 2008. It had no air gates of its own, just airside bus service to distant positions around the airport.
At the beginning of 2008 the 1.6 km (0.99 mi) long new terminal commenced being built as one of main works for the 2011 Summer Universiade. This new terminal building was called "Terminal 3" from the beginning of construction until its formal opening. Soon after the decision of the closure of Terminals A, B and D, "Terminal 3" was renamed as it was the only terminal building in operation. A new satellite concourse, designed by Aedas, will be built.
Architect: Massimiliano Fuksas, Rome; Structure, Facade and Parametric Design: Knippers Helbig, Stuttgart. The terminal was opened on 28 November 2013 after 4 years of construction and planning.
Passenger transport facilitiesEdit
The passenger transport facilities are divided into three parts: a main terminal building and two large corridors—1,050 meters long and 650 meters wide—that form a cross shape. The current terminal is three times the size of former Terminals A and B, with 450,000 square meters of floor space, 62 boarding gates and the ability to accommodate any type of plane in the world. The main building has four floors above ground and two floors underground. A connecting Ground Transport Center adjoins the terminal to the south. The main building's third floor is the waiting area for domestic and international flights, which depart from the east wing.
Ground Transportation CenterEdit
The baggage areas of Terminal C are short walks away from the Ground Transportation Center (GTC), where passengers can take buses, taxis and Shenzhen Metro trains. The transportation center offers local and long-distance bus services on the first floor, with taxi and Airport Express Shuttle 330 bus services on the second floor. The underground floor connects with Airport Station on Metro Line 11. Bus M416 also provides a shuttle service to Hourui Station on Line 1. In the future, it will also connect to the Guangzhou-Dongguan-Shenzhen Intercity Railway, which is under construction.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
Shenzhen Airlines is headquartered on the grounds of the airport. Jade Cargo International was headquartered on the sixth floor of the Shenzhen Airlines Flight Operations Building on grounds of Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport. Shenzhen Donghai Airlines has its head office in the Shenzhen Airlines facility on the airport property.
Regular bus and minibus services links the Airport with the rest of the city. Intercity bus services to some other nearby cities such as Hong Kong and Dongguan are also available.
Local taxis, and often some taxis from Dongguan, can pick up passengers there from three designated waiting areas. These will have the capacity to handle 21 taxi cabs picking up passengers simultaneously.
Metro / RailEdit
Airport Station on Line 11 has direct link to the Ground Transport Center of the current Terminal, with eastbound service from the airport via Bao'an and Nanshan to Futian Station, connecting with Futian Railway Station High Speed Rail services, and westbound service via Fuyong, Shajing and Songgang to Bitou.
Airport North Station on Line 11 is also built, under the site of future new Terminal project - "Terminal 4". However, Airport North Station is inaccessible to or from any of the airport facilities. In the future, Line 20 (Shenzhen International Exhibition Center Conveyance Project) will link Airport North Station on Line 11 with services to Chongqing Road, International Exhibition Center South, International Exhibition Center North and International Conference Center stations. The construction of Line 20 is suspended as for early 2019.
Guangzhou–Dongguan–Shenzhen intercity railway is currently under construction, and planning to provide services from Shenzhen Airport Station and Shenzhen Airport North Station.
In the future, Shenzhen–Maoming High-Speed Railway and Hong Kong–Shenzhen Western Express Railway are planned to stop here.
Fast ferries are available to Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal and Taipa Ferry Terminal in Macau plus to the Skypier Ferry Terminal at Hong Kong International Airport via the nearby Fuyong Pier. Free shuttle buses connect the Pier and the Airport.
Direct services to Hong Kong Island and Kowloon were suspended because the Terminals A & B's long distance from the ferry terminal made it unpopular for commuters. However, with the opening of Terminal C, direct services may be resumed because it is much closer.
Airport express shuttle busEdit
There are many bus routes between the airport and the urban area, most of them via expressways and only cost ￥10 yuan.
New City Terminal of Shenzhen Airport opens in Hong Kong, (23 March 2010).
Coach service is provided by Trans Island Limousine Service Ltd serving SZIA and Hong Kong, including Sheung Wan, Causeway Bay, Mong Kok (Prince Edward), Tsim Sha Tsui and Hong Kong International Airport.
A direct coach service, operated by Chinalink Bus Company, is available at Elements Mall in Hong Kong. Passengers may check-in for their flights at the bus terminal but luggage must still be carried to the airport by the passengers. The service operates from Kowloon Station on the Airport Express (MTR) line direct to the Shenzhen International airport.
It will consist of a series of bridges and tunnels and will cut travel time from Shenzhen to Zhongshan to less than 30 minutes. Construction of the proposed 51 km (32 mi) eight-lane link is scheduled to start in 2015, with completion scheduled for 2021.
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- China Southern Airlines Flight 3456 - Crashed while landing on May 8, 1997
- "UPS Launches Shenzhen Flights". Ups.com. 8 February 2010. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011.
- "Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport". Chinatour.net. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "New direct connection from Frankfurt to Shenzhen with Air China". Traveldailynews.Asia. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "New terminal opens Thursday-szdaily多媒体数字报刊平台". Szdaily.sznews.com. 25 November 2013. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 May 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Aedas to play key role in major new airport projects in Shenzhen and Hong Kong". Airport World. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "重磅！川东北唯一民用机场，达州河市机场吞吐量突破50万人次！_四川省". www.sohu.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Air China Launches Schenzhen-Frankfurt Route from Late May 2016". Airline Route. 14 April 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Air China 1Q19 South Africa service changes". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Air China re-schedules Shenzhen – Los Angeles launch to Dec 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Cebu Pacific adds Shenzhen service from July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "China Eastern expands South East Asia Network in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "冬春航季到来 东航江苏公司新增加密多条航线_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "黑龙江旅游网-旅游资讯-下月起萨尔图机场开通"大庆—沈阳—深圳"航线". www.heilongjiangly.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "1月22日南航将开通深圳陇南航线_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "赞！梅县机场将新增直飞深圳航线，票价..." Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- "深圳商报与南方航空达成合作 获得一航线命名权 - 观媒". www.guanmedia.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "China Southern adds Shenzhen – Phnom Penh service from late-March 2017". Routesonlnie.com. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "China Southern moves Shenzhen – Seoul resumption to May 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- ""南航西宁营业部"成立 全面布局青海市场_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "China Southern adds Shenzhen – Yangon route from Oct 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Donghai Airlines plans Darwin debut in late-May 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Donghai Airlines adds Haiphong service from mid-Sep 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Donghai Airlines adds Myanmar service from July 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- "Donghai Airlines schedules new SE Asia routes in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "定了!梅州至深圳航班10月28日开通!_-梅县". www.sohu.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines files New Zealand launch in Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Hainan Airlines plans Shenzhen – Brussels March 2018 launch". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Cairns from Dec 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "海航将在深开通5条国际航线 深圳－奥克兰往返最低仅990元_深圳新闻网". Sznews.com. 22 October 2016. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "海航2月25日正式开通深圳=都柏林航线" [Hainan Airlines to begin Shenzhen-Dublin route on February 25]. CAAC News. 18 January 2019. Retrieved 19 January 2019.
- "海南航空夏秋航季每月执行超2.5万个航班-中国民航网". www.caacnews.com.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Laos links from Oct 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Osaka service from Feb 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines plans Shenzhen – Paris launch in December 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Rome service from late-May 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "国内首条直飞挪威航线！哈尔滨飞奥斯陆只需中转1次". hlj.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "היינאן סוגרת את הקו בין גוואנגז'ו לתל אביב". ynet. 9 January 2019. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Vienna from Oct 2018". airlineroute. 30 April 2018.
- Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Zurich from late-August 2018 Routesonline. 6 June 2018.
- "好消息！西安开通直飞印尼美娜多航班_国家旅游地理网_探索自然 传播人文 愉悦身心". news.cntgol.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "乌兰浩特机场春运新开2条新航线-中国民航网". www.caacnews.com.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Mahan Air adds Shenzhen service from late-June 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- News, ABS-CBN. "AirAsia to launch start Manila-Shenzhen direct flights in December". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "深航新增深圳至四川巴中独飞航线 每周3班". shenzhen.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "图片 深航开通深圳—雅加达、河内及广州—河内航线_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "深航今年夏秋航季将新开58条航线-中国民航网". www.caacnews.com.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- Shenzhen Airlines launches London service from late-Oct 2018 Routesonline. 9 July 2018.
- "吐鲁番机场取得深圳航空配载授权_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Spring Airlines adds Shenzhen – Nagoya service from May 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "金鹏航空：B787-9执飞深圳至合肥、杭州航线_旅客". www.sohu.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "404-Page". www.lionairthai.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "天航3月31日起新开"天津-深圳"直飞航线-中国民航网". www.caacnews.com.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "拉萨到林芝怎么走 西藏林芝旅游交通攻略_航班". www.sohu.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "西藏航空夏航季时刻运行新增18条航线". www.xzgg.gov.cn. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "图片 新疆机场集团各支线机场3月新开复航加密航线29条_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Xiamen Airlines closes Seattle reservations from late-September 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Cardig Air Scheduled Timetable". Cardigair.com. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "China Airlines Cargo Begins Shenzhen Service from late-March 2015". Airlineroute.net. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- Ltd, DVV Media International (4 September 2018). "Changi welcomes express carrier SF Airlines to Singapore ǀ Air Cargo News". www.aircargonews.net. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Contact Us." Shenzhen Airlines. Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
- "Contact Us Archived 11 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine." Jade Cargo International. Retrieved on 11 July 2010.
- "联系我们 Archived 4 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine." Shenzhen Donghai Airlines. Retrieved on 24 February 2014. "Address:Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport, Shenzhen Airlines. Post code：518128" – Chinese address: "地址：深圳市宝安区宝安国际机场航站四路3009号东海航空基地 邮政编码:518128"
- "Contact Us." SF Airlines. Retrieved on 24 February 2014. "SF Airlines Co., Ltd. Address: No.1 Freight Depot, International Shipping Center of Bao'an International Airport, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, 518128, P.R.C." – Chinese address: "地 址：中国广东省深圳市宝安国际机场国际货运中心1号货站 邮 编：518128"
- "Changes to address airport's commuting woes-szdaily多媒体数字报刊平台". Szdaily.sznews.com. 3 December 2013. Archived from the original on 5 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "New City Terminal of Shenzhen Airport Opens in Hong Kong – Shenzhen Post". Szcpost.com. 24 March 2010. Archived from the original on 14 April 2010. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- 香港九龙机铁站往深圳机场 [Airport Railway Kowloon Station to Shenzhen Airport] (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 21 November 2007. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
香港九龍機鐵站往深圳機場 (全程行車時間：車程約75分鐘) Kowloon, Hong Kong Airport Railway Station to Shenzhen Airport (journey time: about 75 minutes by car)