Colorful Guizhou Airlines
Colorful Guizhou Airlines is a low-cost Chinese regional airline based at Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport, Guizhou. It is intended to improve air service in Western China, particularly Guizhou Province. It is the first locally owned airline in the province. The airline commenced flights in December 2015, operating Embraer 190s to destinations throughout the country.
|Commenced operations||31 December 2015|
|Hubs||Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport|
|Destinations||24 (August 2017)|
|Headquarters||Guiyang, Guizhou, China|
|Key people||Zhai Yan, chairman |
Xu Bo, general manager
|Colorful Guizhou Airlines|
On 18 May 2015, the CAAC granted Guizhou Industrial Investment (Group) Co., Ltd. and Weining County Construction Investment Group preliminary approval to jointly establish Duocai Guizhou Airlines. The airline was officially established as Colorful Guizhou Airlines on 19 June 2015.
The name "Colorful Guizhou" comes from a marketing campaign by the provincial government; it signifies the cultural diversity within Guizhou Province.
On 15 June 2015, the airline placed an order for 17 Embraer 190 aircraft, 7 of which were firm orders and the other 10 options. If all options are exercised, the transaction will be valued at US$834 million. Colorful Guizhou Airlines hopes to expand its fleet to 30 aircraft by 2020 and 120–140 aircraft in the future.
On 5 December 2015, the airline received its first Embraer 190, followed by a second aircraft on 18 December. It filed an application for an air operator's certificate from the CAAC on 15 December.
Colorful Guizhou Airlines is a joint venture between Guizhou Industrial Investment (Group) Co., Ltd. (95%), and Weining County Construction Investment Group (5%). The groups invested a total of RMB 1 billion in the airline.
The chairman of the airline is Zhai Yan, who is also chairman of Guizhou Industrial Investment Group.
Colorful Guizhou Airlines flies to the following destinations in China as of August 2017:
- "Embraer Inks Agreement with China's Colorful Guizhou Airlines for up to 17 E190s" (Press release). Paris: Embraer. PR Newswire. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Duocai Guizhou Airlines receives preliminary approval"[permanent dead link]. OAG. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- Ge, Lena (4 January 2016). "China's Colorful Guizhou Airlines Starts Operations". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Colorful Guizhou Airlines is Embraer’s 5th E-Jet Customer in China" Archived 2015-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. Embraer. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "China's Colorful Guizhou Airlines orders 7+10 EMB-190s". Ch-aviation. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Colorful Guizhou Airlines takes delivery of first aircraft" Archived 2016-02-16 at the Wayback Machine. OAG. 6 December 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- Fei, Yu (18 December 2015). "Colorful Guizhou Airlines Takes Delivery of Its Second E190". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- Ge, Lena (15 December 2015). "CAAC to Issue Operating License to Colorful Guizhou Airlines". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Colorful Guizhou Airlines begins operations". Anna.aero. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Profile on Colorful Guizhou Airlines (Duocai Guizhou Airlines)". CAPA Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World. October 2011: 11.
- "Colorful Guizhou Airlines Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 11 July 2019. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Colorful Guizhou Airlines.|