|Hubs||Kunming Changshui International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Priority Club|
|Parent company||Air China|
|Headquarters||Kunming, Yunnan, China|
|Key people||Wang Qingmin (Chief Executive)|
In November 2005 it was reported that Sichuan Airlines Group would invest US$4 million to acquire a 40% stake in Kunming Airlines, which would operate passenger and cargo services. Pilots would be provided by Sichuan Airlines and private investors Wang Qingmin and Wang Hui would invest in the remaining 40 and 20% shares respectively.
In December 2005 the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) said it would soon approve operation of the private airline Kunming Airlines, which has a registered capital of RMB80 million, and plans to be based at Kunming Wujiaba International Airport.
As of January 2009, Kunming Airlines is 80 percent owned by Shenzhen Airlines with the remaining 20% owned by a local businessman, with a total registered capital of RMB 80 million. The new airline will receive two B737-700 and one B737-800 aircraft as well as 30 pilots and 26 flight attendants from Shenzhen Airlines.
The airline commenced operations on 15 February 2009 from Kunming to Changsha and Harbin.
2008 strategic planEdit
As of November 2008, Kunming Airlines had a 15-year strategic plan called the '3-5-7 Plan', which has three stages.
- 2008-2010: Assemble a fleet of 30-40 planes and establish an extensive flight network throughout Yunnan. And establish routes to all provincial capitals and developed cities mainly on the east coast. Connecting these cities with top Southeast Asian destinations.
- 2010-2015: Upgrade fleet to 80-100 planes. Establish hubs in Xi'an and Guangzhou while boosting its trunk and branch routes.
- 2015-2022: Expand fleet to 150-200 planes. Establish hubs in Tianjin and Hangzhou. Focus on increasing international reach.
This section needs to be updated.October 2014)(
Kunming Airlines, based in Kunming Changshui International Airport, will operate flights within Yunnan province as well as routes connecting Kunming and other cities, and gradually launch flights between Kunming and ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries.
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||2||8||TBA||Grounded and delivery suspended indefinitely due to Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 incident.|
In 2014 Kunming Airlines agreed to purchase 10 Boeing 737 aircraft (4 Boeing 737-700 Next Gen and 6 Boeing 737 MAX) in an $897m deal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kunming Airlines.|
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 103.
- "Kunming to get new airline". Go Kunming/Kunming Business. 2006-12-14. Archived from the original on 2007-08-22. Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- "CAAC To Approve Operation Of Two More Private Airlines". China Hospitality News. 2005-12-09. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- "Directory: World Airlines Part 2 (C-L)". Flight International: 31–80. 2009-04-07.
- "Kunming Airlines adds Kunming – Bangkok route form late-Oct 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "Kunming Airlines files Hat Yai launch from April 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "民航休闲小站". www.xmyzl.com. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "Kunming Airlines Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "China's Kunming Airlines commits to ten B737s". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|