Shenyang Taoxian International Airport (IATA: SHE, ICAO: ZYTX) is an airport serving Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province. It is located about 20 km (12 mi) south of the city center in Hunnan District. It is a focus city for China Southern Airlines and is the 23rd busiest airport in China with 19,027,398 passengers as of 2018.
|Operator||Shenyang Taoxian Airport Authority|
|Location||Taoxian Subdistrict, Hunnan District|
|Opened||16 April 1989|
|Focus city for||China Southern Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||60 m / 197 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Shenyang Taoxian International Airport|
Lufthansa offered the first intercontinental service out of Shenyang, to Frankfurt, Germany, in April 2012 but discontinued it on 28 October 2016 before relaunching it on 27 March 2018. Later in 2012, Sichuan Airlines launched service to Vancouver.
Construction started on July 1, 1985, and the airport opened on 16 April 1989, and was the main hub of China Northern Airlines, which started operating a year later.
Before the airport existed, Shenyang Dongta Airport, was the main airport of Shenyang, built in 1921, served destinations to USSR, Mongolia, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, and hence, domestically. However, although it was expanded several times and having a long enough runway to support narrow-body airliners, it is no longer able to accommodate more tourists and passengers, as because of the reform and opening up, passenger tourists, whether local or foreign, were rising steeply. As a result, Taoxian airport was built and opened on 1989 and Dongta Airport ceased civil operations, and reverted to military use (by the Inperial Japanese 1936 to 1945 and PLAAF after 1950) until 2013.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|China Postal Airlines||Dalian, Dandong, Shanghai–Hongqiao, Weifang|
|Lufthansa Cargo||Frankfurt, Krasnoyarsk, Tokyo–Narita|
The airport is served by the Shenyang Tram line 2 and line 6.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Lufthansa ends Shenyang Service in Oct 2016". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Lufthansa resumes Shenyang service in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Sichuan Airlines to Launch Vancouver Service from late-June 2012". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "Air China outlines Beijing Daxing operations from late-Oct 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "JD5670-SHE-TXN-Flightradar24". Flightradar24. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Capital Airlines Plans Australia Debut in late-Sep 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- 新航季 · 2019夏秋新航线 ① | 启程！探索新旅程！
- 夏秋航季 信阳明港机场新增5条航线
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "China Southern plans Shenyang – Los Angeles Dec 2018 launch". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- Liu, Jim (10 January 2020). "China Southern resumes Shenyang – Vladivostok service in S20". Routesonline. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "IrAero Adds Shenyang Service from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Lanmei Airlines adds Sihanoukville – Shenyang from late-June 2019".
- "Spring Airlines plans new Jeju service from Sep 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Liu, Jim (25 September 2019). "Spring Airlines expands Macau network in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 September 2019.
- "News.carnoc.com/list". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "Spring Airlines adds Shenyang – Osaka service from Jan 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "T'Way Air adds Seoul – Shenyang service from late-Dec 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Vietnam Airlines adds new Cam Ranh - China charters in 1Q17". routesonline. Retrieved 3 January 2017.