Air Guilin is a Chinese airline based at Guilin Liangjiang International Airport in Guangxi. A joint venture between the Guilin Municipal Government and HNA Group, the airline began operations in June 2016 using Airbus A319 aircraft. It intends to boost the tourism industry in Guilin.
|Founded||2013 as Guangxi Airlines|
|Commenced operations||25 June 2016|
|Operating bases||Guilin Liangjiang International Airport|
|Destinations||22 (August 2017)|
|Key people||Lin Yan, chairman and Rachel Ho, chairlady|
Air Guilin has its origins in Guangxi Airlines, formed in 2013 by HNA Group and the Guilin Municipal Government. This airline was renamed Guilin Airlines in 2014 and planned to commence operations in May of that year, although this did not occur. On 8 September 2015, Guilin Airlines received preliminary approval from the CAAC. In October the airline decided to use Airbus A319 aircraft for its fleet.
Guilin Airlines was renamed Air Guilin in late 2015. On 9 December it unveiled its logo, which incorporates Guilin landmark Elephant Trunk Hill and the slogan of the city. Air Guilin commenced operations on 25 June 2016 with a flight between Guilin and Zhengzhou.
Air Guilin is a joint venture between Guilin Tourism Development Co. (60%) and Guilin Aviation Tourism Group (40%), an HNA Group subsidiary. The groups have invested a total of ¥600 million in the airline.
Air Guilin flies to the following destinations in China as of August 2017:
- Ge, Lena (8 April 2016). "Chinese Start-up Air Guilin Cleared to Take Off". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "HNA Group, Guilin to launch Guilin Airlines in May". ch-aviation. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "China's 19 new passenger airlines will be mostly full service and along the east coast". CAPA - Centre for Aviation. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "HNA Group moves to create four new regional carriers". ch-aviation. 27 May 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Guilin Airlines receives preliminary approval". CAPA - Centre for Aviation. 9 September 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "China's Guilin Airlines eyes A319s for fleet". ch-aviation. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "HNA Group's Air Guilin Unveils Its Logo and Livery". China Aviation Daily. 9 December 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "China's Air Guilin starts operations". ch-aviation. 29 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Xu, Rejoice (27 June 2016). "Air Guilin Starts Operations in Southwest China". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Profile on Air Guilin". CAPA Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World. October 2019: 9.