Cam Ranh International Airport
Cam Ranh International Airport (IATA: CXR, ICAO: VVCR) (Vietnamese: Sân bay Quốc tế Cam Ranh) is located on Cam Ranh Bay in Cam Ranh, a town in Khánh Hòa Province in Vietnam. It serves the city of Nha Trang, which is 30 km (16 NM) from the airport. This airport handled 4,858,362 passengers in 2016, 8.5 million passengers in 2018, and is estimated to handle 10 million passengers in 2019.
Cam Ranh International Airport
Sân bay Quốc tế Cam Ranh
Terminal 2 - Cam Ranh International Airport
|Operator||Airports Corporation of Vietnam|
|Serves||Nha Trang, Vietnam|
|Location||Cam Ranh, Vietnam|
|Elevation AMSL||40 ft / 12 m|
This is the only airport in Vietnam that handles more international passengers than domestic passengers, with international passengers accounting for 70% in 2018. It is the fourth busiest airport in Vietnam.
Cam Ranh Terminal 1 is used for domestic flights and Cam Ranh Terminal 2 (managed by Cam Ranh International Terminal (CRTC) JSC) is used for international flights.
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cam Ranh AirportEdit
In 1972, the base was turned over to the South Vietnamese government. On April 3, 1975, North Vietnamese forces captured Cam Ranh Bay and all of its remaining facilities. From 1979 to 2002, the facility was used by the Soviet and then Russian Air Force because of a 25-year rent-free leasing treaty.
On May 19, 2004, after major reconstruction, the airport received its first commercial flight from Hanoi. It now handles all of Nha Trang's commercial flights, which previously headed to Nha Trang Airport. In 2007, Cam Ranh was upgraded to an international airport. In December 2009, Cam Ranh International Airport was opened. The total invested capital is approximately VND 300 billion.
Cam Ranh International Terminal 2Edit
The International Terminal (T2) was officially put into operation on June 30, 2018 after 19 months of construction with a total investment capital of 3.735 billion. Developed and managed by Cam Ranh International Terminal (CRTC) Joint Stock Company, the T2 project came about at a time to inject much needed capacity into the airport operating infrastructure. At the same time, facilities and services were upgraded to match international standards.
Terminal 2 serves more than 80 flights per day at peak season, processing up to 14,500 passengers on a given busy day. CRTC has embarked on capacity enhancement works to further increase its handling capabilities to match to the phenomenal growths. In 2018, T2 serves 21 international airlines with a total of 5.2 million international passengers, the fourth largest airport in Vietnam in terms of international passenger volume.
The airport resides at an elevation of 40 feet (12 m) above mean sea level. The first runway designated 02L/20R with a concrete surface measuring 10,000 by 150 feet (3,048 m × 46 m). The second runway designated 02R/20L was opened in October 2019 with a concrete surface measuring 10,000 by 150 feet (3,048 m × 46 m).
T2 covers a total area of 50,500 square metres (544,000 sq ft), made up of dedicated levels for departure and arrival processing. The terminal building has a unique architecture inspired by the shape of a swallow's nest, native to the Khanh Hoa Province, and the waves of Nha Trang Bay - a signature representation of the South Central Coast. T2 has 4 aerobridges and 10 boarding gates, as well as advanced equipment systems supplied by prestigious international companies.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
Cam Ranh was the fourth busiest airport in Vietnam in 2012, it served 1.2 million passengers
- "ACV: Hội nghị tổng kết công tác năm 2016 và triển khai kế hoạch năm 2017". ACV. 2017-01-20. Archived from the original on 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- "Cam Ranh International Airport (CRIA)". Archived from the original on 2016-01-27.
- Airport information for VVCR from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for VVCR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Do đường băng số 1 xuống cấp nghiêm trọng trong khi đường băng số 2 chưa xong nên nguy cơ sân bay Cam Ranh bị ICAO cảnh báo là rất cao (The first runway is in bad condition while the second runway is not completed)". Nguoilaodong. 2018-10-10. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Tăng trưởng mạnh, sân bay Cam Ranh sẽ đón 10 triệu lượt khách năm 2019 (Cam Ranh sees a fast growth, estimated to serve 10 million passengers in 2019". Transport news (Báo giao thông). 2019-05-20. Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- "Bộ trưởng Nguyễn Văn Thể: 'Sân bay Cam Ranh đặc biệt và nổi tiếng khi chiếm 70% lượng khách quốc tế' (Cam Ranh Airport is special since the international passengers accounts for 70% of the total number)". Vietnammoi. 2018-10-09. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Chính thức khai thác đường băng số 2 sân bay Cam Ranh - Báo Giao Thông". Báo Giao Thông (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2019-10-10.
- "에어서울, 동계 시즌부터 국내선 사업 진출···"日 노선 대폭 축소"" (in Korean). 28 August 2019.
- "Открыта продажа на прямые рейсы из Улан-Удэ во Вьетнам". Baikal Airport. 7 September 2015. Archived from the original on 10 November 2017. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Flights". anextour.com.ua.
- "EastarJet expands Vietnam network in Feb 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Guangzhou – Cam Ranh route from Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- 深圳新闻网. "海航将在深开通5条国际航线 深圳－奥克兰往返最低仅990元_深圳新闻网". www.sznews.com. Archived from the original on 2016-10-25. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Jetstar Pacific adds Cam Ranh/Nha Trang – Guiyang service in May 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Jetstar Pacific adds new Chinese routes from June 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Jetstar Pacific Adds New Cam Ranh/Nha Trang – China Charters in W15". airlineroute.net. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Loong Airlines adds Xi'An – Cam Ranh route from Nov 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- Liu, Jim. "Qingdao Airlines adds Lanzhou – SE Asian routes in July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Qingdao Airlines plans new international routes in 4Q19". Routesonline. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- TITC. "Russia launches charter flights to Cam Ranh". Tổng cục Du lịch Việt Nam. Retrieved 25 March 2018.[permanent dead link]
- Liu, Jim (2 October 2018). "S7 Airlines adds Cam Ranh/Nha Trang routes in W18". Routesonline. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Liu, Jim (2 August 2019). "S7 Airlines adds Vladivostok – Cam Ranh". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- Duy Nhat (28 March 2019). "Dự kiến mở thêm đường bay thẳng từ Cam Ranh tới Hàn Quốc". Khanh Hoa Newspaper (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "Vietjet Air adds Cam Ranh/Nha Trang – Da Nang from Sep 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Vietjet Air Adds Nha Trang – Hangzhou Scheduled Charter Flight July – Oct 2015". airlineroute.net. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Vietjet Air continues South Korea service expansion in W17". routesonline. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Viet Huong (4 April 2019). "Khánh Hòa khai trương thêm đường bay thẳng đến Đài Bắc". Dau Tu Online (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "Vietnam Airlines adds new Cam Ranh - China charters in 1Q17". routesonline. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Vietnam Airlines Adds Nha Trang/Cam Ranh - Beijing from mid-Jan 2016". Airlineroute.net. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Vietnam Airlines Adds Nha Tang – China Routes in S15". airlineroute.net. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Kết quả sản xuất kinh doanh của ACV: Năm 2015 sản lượng hành khách thông qua cảng đạt trên 63 triệu lượt, tăng 24,2% so với năm 2014". ACV. 2016-01-19. Archived from the original on 2016-01-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cam Ranh International Airport.|