Macau International Airport
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Macau International Airport (IATA: MFM, ICAO: VMMC) (Portuguese: Aeroporto Internacional de Macau) is an international airport in the special administrative region of Macau, situated at the eastern end of Taipa island and neighbouring waters which opened for commercial operations on 9 November 1995, during Portuguese administration of the region.
Macau International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional de Macau
Oumùhn Gwokjai Gēichèuhng
|Owner||Government of Macau|
|Operator||Sociedade do Aeroporto Internacional de Macau S.A.R.L.|
|Hub for||Air Macau|
|Elevation AMSL||6 m / 20 ft|
|Macau International Airport|
|Cantonese Yale||Oumùhn Gwokjai Gēichèuhng|
|Portuguese||Aeroporto Internacional de Macau|
Since then the airport has been a common transfer point for people traveling between the Mainland and Taiwan, as well as a passenger hub for destinations in mainland China and Southeast Asia. During 2006, the airport handled 5 million passengers and 220,000 tonnes of cargo. In 2017 the number of passengers had increased to 7,165,803 which is more than the 6 million passengers per year the terminal was designed for.
The airport's designed capacity is 6,000,000 passengers per year, with processing capacity of up to 2,000 passengers per hour. The airport does not have a night curfew. There are 24 parking spaces for aircraft in the apron, with 5 jetways. There are 10 gates. As in Hong Kong, Macau has its own immigration policies and is a separate customs territory from mainland China. All travellers, including those to mainland China and Hong Kong, need to go through the immigration and customs inspections of international flights.
Runway and apronsEdit
The airport's runway was built on a strip of reclaimed land in the sea, adjacent to Taipa Island, where the main terminal and air traffic control facilities are located. The runway is connected to the apron by two causeways. Runway 34 is ILS CAT II equipped. Navigational and radio aids are located at either end of the runway. Despite its small area, the airport is capable of handling Boeing 747s and Antonov 124s, which forms a vital freight link between local manufacturers and overseas markets. Its catering facility can produce up to 10,000 meals per day.
Other tenants of the airport are the Macau Customs Service (Independent department under Secretariat for Security of Macau), the Macau Immigration Department/Services (Public Security Police Force of Macau),the Macau Business Aviation Centre, Servair Macau and Menzies Macau.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Qatar Airways Cargo||Chicago–O’Hare, Doha, Guadalajara, Houston–Intercontinental, Liège, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Tokyo–Narita|
|Year||Passengers||Airfreight (kg)||Aircraft operations|
The airport is connected by public transit bus routes, taxis, private cars and regional coach services.
For passengers transferring to China or Hong Kong, a "two customs, one checkpoint" service is provided. Passengers can use a bus shuttle directly from the airport to the New Macau Ferry Terminal or the Taipa Ferry Terminal without passing Macau immigration.
- Transmac routes:
- 26 - Bacia Norte do Patane ↔ Merado Municipal de Coloane
- 51A - The Praia ↔ Av. Vale das Borboletas
- AP1 - Portas do Cerco ↺ Aeroporto de Macau
- AP1X - Praça das Portas do Cerco ↺ Aeroporto de Macau (06:00-10:00, 15:00-20:00)
- MT4 - Parque M. Dr. Sun Yat Sen ↔ Terminal Marítimo de Passageiros da Taipa
- T.C.M. routes:
- N2 - Bacia Norte do Patane ↔ Terminal Marítimo de Passageiros da Taipa (00:00-06:00)
- 36 - Rotunda Leonel Sousa ↺ Aeroporto de Macau
- MT1 - Praceta 24 de Junho ↺ Aeroporto de Macau
Cross-Border Coach connects Macau International Airport with mainland locations like Huadao, Guangzhou, Panyu, Dongguan, Gongbei Port of Entry and Hengqin Border. The "two customs, once checkpoint" service is also available to the Hengqin Border.
Macau Light Rail Transit will be located at the Avenida Wai Long, Airport Station is close to Macau International Airport. In addition, the seamless connection between the Station and the footbridge allows passengers to access the Airport and the hotels nearby.
- "旅客吞吐量統計" (in Chinese).
- "航班升降架次統計" (in Chinese).
- "貨運吞吐量統計" (in Chinese).
- Macau International Airport Archived 7 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine, official site
- "MIA Passenger Volume Hit Record High Creating a New Starting Point - Macau International Airport". www.macau-airport.com. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- Macau 2007 Yearbook. Government Information Bureau of the Macau SAR. 2007. ISBN 978-99937-56-09-5.
- "CAM: Traffic Statistics". Macau International Airport. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "MIA: Airport History". Airport Information Management Solutions Ltd. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "AirAsia strengthens Kota Kinabalu hub with new direct route to Macao". AirAsia Newsroom.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Air Macau expands Beijing; adds Qingdao route in Aug 2018". Routesonline.
- "Air Macau resumes Wenzhou service in 1Q19". routesonline. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Cambodia Airways files operational network from July 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Tribune, Aviation (22 September 2018). "Cebu Pacific Launches Direct Service Between Cebu and Macau".
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "China Eastern adds Kunming – Macau service from Dec 2018". Routesonline.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Sanya – Macau service from July 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "JC Cambodia Adds Macau-Mandalay Sector From July-2019". Routesonline. 28 June 2019.
- "JC Cambodia International Expands Sihanoukville Network In April-2019".
- "Jeju Air adds Daegu – Macau service from Dec 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Jeju Air adds Muan – Macau service in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Loong Air adds Enshi – Macau service from July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "AirAsia kicks off city's first direct flight to Kota Kinabalu | MACAU DAILY TIMES 澳門每日時報". macaudailytimes.com.mo. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Royal Flight resumes Moscow – Macau route from May 2018". Routesonline.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Royal Air Charter adds Macau service in 2H18". Routesonline.
- Lazaro, Freddie (21 August 2018). "Cagayan airport gets ICAO nod for commercial flights". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Flight Schedule". royalair.com.ph.
- Ltd. 2018, UBM (UK). "Shanghai Airlines adds Shanghai Pu Dong – Macau from March 2018". Routesonline.
- Shenzhen Airlines adds Nanchang – Macau service from April 2019 Routesonline. 18 March 2019.
- "tigerair Taiwan to Start Macau Service from Dec 2014". Airline Route. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "tigerair Taiwan adds Taichung – Macau service in S17". Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "Menzies Macau welcomes MASkargo as a new Cargo customer". menziesaviation.com.
- "Qatar Airways Cargo commences Macau-Guadalajara transpacific freighter service". Gulf-Times. 7 January 2019.
- "Qatar Airways Cargo adds Macau / Round-the-world route in W18". RoutesOnline. 11 October 2018. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Traffic Statistics - Passengers, retrieved March 5, 2015". Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "CAM :: Traffic Statistics - Passengers". www.camacau.com.
- "Traffic Statistics - Cargo, retrieved March 5, 2015". Archived from the original on 20 September 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "CAM :: Traffic Statistics - Cargo". www.camacau.com.
- "澳門特別行政區政府 運輸基建辦公室 - Gabinete para as Infra-estruturas de Transportes Governo da R.A.E.M."