Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (IATA: XMN, ICAO: ZSAM) is the airport serving the city of Xiamen in Fujian Province, China. It is the main base of XiamenAir and TAECO, an aircraft maintenance provider. The airport is located on the north side of Xiamen Island. Construction of a new terminal (Terminal 4) started in October 2011 and was completed in 2014.
Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
|Operator||Xiamen International Airport Group Co., Ltd.(XIAGC)|
|Location||Huli District, Xiamen|
|Opened||1941 (Original), October 22, 1983 (reactivation)|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||18 m / 59 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport|
|Hokkien POJ||Ē-mn̂g Kò-kiâ Kok-chè Ki-tiû|
In 2012, Xiamen airport was the 8th busiest airport in China in terms of cargo traffic, and the 11th busiest in terms of passenger traffic with 17,354,076 passengers and the 10th busiest airport by traffic movements.
KLM began the first intercontinental air route out of Xiamen, to Amsterdam, on 27 March 2011. Since then, long-haul traffic has expanded, with XiamenAir launching flights to Sydney, Vancouver and Los Angeles after taking delivery of the Boeing 787.
As the city of Xiamen continues to grow, Gaoqi Airport has little room to expand after the latest completion of terminal 4 in 2014. A new airport is currently under construction on Dadeng Island, Xiang'an District, currently known as Xiamen Xiang'an International Airport. When completed it will boast two new runways, a 550,000 sq meter terminal, and be able to handle up to 45 million passengers, and have subway transport links to Xiamen railway station.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
- 建设国际航空枢纽迈出重要一步 东航成厦门第三家基地航空公司
- 图片 厦门机场28日启动双楼运行 厦航还在老地方_民航新闻_民航资源网 (in Chinese). Carnoc. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Xiamen Xiangan Airport New Airport Profile | CAPA".
- "New Xiamen Airport Expected to Open in 2020".
- Liu, Jim. "Beijing Capital Airlines outlines Beijing Daxing domestic network in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- 夏秋航班换季 北京首都航空新增近20条航线-中国民航网 (in Chinese). CAAC News.
- 知否知否，东航新增航班都挺好. WeChat (in Chinese). China Eastern Xiamen Sales.
- 又要换季啦！快戳，看我们的新航班. WeChat (in Chinese). China Eastern Xiamen Sales.
- 陕西榆林新增直飞上海浦东、厦门等多条航线 (in Chinese). Sina Finance. 27 March 2019.
- 河北航空暑期新增8条航线 (in Chinese). Sina. Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- "JC Cambodia International new routes in June/July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- 长治机场本月31日起航班将有新变化，快来看看_航线 (in Chinese). Sohu.
- Liu, Jim. "Lanmei Airlines expands Sihanoukville network from Aug 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- 常州机场将执行夏航季_常州人民广播电台 (in Chinese). Changzhou Radio.
- "Sky Angkor Airlines adds Sihanoukville – Xiamen service from May 2019".
- Liu, Jim. "Spring Airlines adds Xiamen – Osaka service from mid-Dec 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Xiamen Airlines S20 Beijing operation changes as of 09JAN20". Routesonline. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "Xiamen Airlines schedules new SE Asia service in W18". routesonline. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Xiamen Airlines adds Xiamen – Sihanoukville service from late-Sep 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "Xiamen Airlines schedules Xiamen – Yangon launch in late-June 2019".