China Cargo Airlines
China Cargo Airlines (simplified Chinese: 中国货运航空公司; traditional Chinese: 中國貨運航空公司; pinyin: zhōngguó huòyùn hángkōng gōngsī) sometimes as abbreviated 中货航 (in English as CCA), is a cargo airline with its head office on Hongqiao International Airport in Shanghai, People's Republic of China. It is China's first all-cargo airline operating dedicated freight services using China Eastern Airlines route structure. Its base is at Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, with a hub at Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
|Alliance||SkyTeam Cargo CU|
|Parent company||China Eastern Airlines (51%)|
The airline was established on 30 July 1998 and started operations in October 1998. It was founded as, and remains, a joint venture between China Eastern Airlines (70%) and China Ocean Shipping (30%). It briefly adopted the title China Eastern Airlines Cargo, and reverted to its original name again after becoming an independent subsidiary in 2004.
Its parent company China Eastern Airlines reached agreement to inject more capital into the cargo airline. Its stake fell from 70 percent to just over 51 percent. China Ocean Shipping's share reduced to 17 percent. This allowed Singapore Airlines Cargo to invest up to 16 percent of the cargo airline. In addition, EVA Air also purchased a 16 percent share of the airline.
|Boeing 747-400F||1||—||Gained from merger with Great Wall Airlines|
|Aircraft||Fleet||Year Introduced||Year Retired||Notes|
|Boeing 747-400BCF||2||2011||2015||Gained from merger with Great Wall Airlines|
|Boeing 747-400F||1||2011||2015||Sold to Singapore Airlines Cargo|
|Boeing 757-200PCF||2||2011||2015||Gained from merger with Shanghai Airlines Cargo|
One sold to Atlas Air
|McDonnell Douglas MD-11F||9||2004||2015||Gained from merger with Shanghai Airlines Cargo|
Six aircraft are sold to Sky Lease Cargo
- "Directory:World airlines." Flight International. 25–31 March 2003. 45. "Hongqiao International Airport, Shanghai, 200335, China"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 64.
- Ku, Daisy (Dec 19, 2010). "China Eastern says stake in China Cargo falls". Reuters.
- "Singapore Airlines Cargo buys stake in China Cargo". Xinhua. 2010-12-21.
- "EVA Air to invest $49 million in China Eastern Cargo unit in restructure". Bloomberg.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2019): 9.