This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019)
SkyTeam Cargo is a global cargo alliance in which all members are also members of the SkyTeam airline alliance. SkyTeam Cargo is the largest cargo alliance; it competes with the WOW Alliance.
|Headquarters||Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Haarlemmermeer, Netherlands|
Following the founding of the airline alliance SkyTeam on 22 June 2000, the creation of its cargo division, SkyTeam Cargo, was announced in September that year. The alliance's inaugural members were Aeroméxico Cargo, Air France Cargo, Delta Air Logistics, and Korean Air Cargo, whose passenger airline operations are members of SkyTeam.
In 2001, Czech Airlines Cargo and Alitalia Cargo joined in April and August, respectively. Both divisions joined the cargo alliance within days of CSA Czech Airlines (25 March) and Alitalia (27 July) joining SkyTeam.
KLM Cargo joined SkyTeam Cargo in September 2004, four months after the merger of Air France and KLM, which subsequently created the Air France-KLM holding company. The following year, in September, Northwest Airlines Cargo joined the cargo alliance, a move which came one year after Northwest Airlines joined SkyTeam. However, on 14 April 2008, Northwest merged with Delta Air Lines, which led to the largest airline in the world. China Southern Airlines joined the cargo alliance by November 2010. By November 2013, Aerolíneas Argentinas, one of the leading South American carriers, joined the SkyTeam Cargo Alliance adding more than 30 Latin American destinations to the global network.
As of December 2017, SkyTeam Cargo has twelve member airlines; some do not operate dedicated cargo aircraft, they offer space in the baggage compartments of their passenger aircraft only.
|Member airline||Joined||Division airline|
|Aeroflot Cargo||May 2011||Aeroflot|
|Aerolíneas Argentinas Cargo||6 November 2013||Aerolíneas Argentinas|
|Aeroméxico Cargo||September 2000||Aeroméxico|
|Air France Cargo||September 2000||Air France|
|Alitalia Cargo||31 August 2001||Alitalia|
|China Airlines Cargo||3 October 2012||China Airlines|
|China Cargo Airlines||5 June 2013||China Eastern Airlines|
|CSA Cargo||2011||Czech Airlines|
|Delta Air Logistics||September 2000||Delta Air Lines|
|KLM Cargo||September 2000||KLM|
|Korean Air Cargo||September 2000||Korean Air|
|Saudia Cargo||15 April 2019||Saudia|
- "A History Of SkyTeam". breakingtravelnews.com. 27 July 2001. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "Aerolineas Argentinas Cargo joins SkyTeam Cargo Alliance / aviator.aero". www.aviator.aero.
- "Aeroflot Cargo Joins the SkyTeam Cargo Alliance". SkyTeam Cargo.
- "Aerolineas Argentinas Cargo Joins the SkyTeam Cargo Alliance". SkyTeam Cargo.
- "Alitalia Cargo Is New Member Of SkyTeam's Cargo Alliance". Aviation Week.
- "CHINA AIRLINES OFFICIALLY JOINS SKYTEAM CARGO". Delta Air Lines.
- "China Cargo Airlines Officially Joins the SkyTeam Cargo Alliance". SkyTeam Cargo.
- "Skyteam Cargo". Czech Airlines.
- "Saudia Cargo joins Skyteam Cargo". Ch-Aviation.