Fuzhou Changle International Airport
Fuzhou Changle International Airport (IATA: FOC, ICAO: ZSFZ) is an international airport serving Fuzhou, the capital of Fujian province, China. The airport was inaugurated on June 23, 1997, after being approved to start constructing in 1992. The current handling capacity is approximately 6.5 million people annually.
Fuzhou Changle International Airport
Fuzhou airport terminal
|Operator||Yuanxiang (Fuzhou) International Airport Co.,Ltd|
|Location||Zhanggang Subdistrict, Changle, Fujian|
|Hub for||Fuzhou Airlines, Xiamen Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||14 m / 46 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Fuzhou Changle International Airport|
In 2017, Fuzhou Airport handled 12,469,235 passengers and was 29th busiest in China by total passenger traffic. In 2016 the airport was the 23rd busiest airport in terms of cargo traffic and the 28th busiest airport by traffic movements.
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Changle Airport was built to replace the old Fuzhou Yixu Airport (福州义序机场), a dual-use military and civil airport located in Cangshan District, and prepared for the base of the direct flights to Taiwan across the straits. The airport was designed by Singaporean RSP Architects Planners & Engineers Pte Ltd. The government of Fujian province hoped that the new airport could reach the standard of Singapore Changi Airport, but they soon realized it was too big, and shrank the scale of the airport. However, the scale of the airport was still much bigger than the norm that central government approved. Changle Airport was opened in 1997. Due to the lack of Passenger flow, the airport had a great deficit in early years of operation. In 2003, the management of the airport was taken over by Xiamen International Airport Group, and began profiting from 2005.
In February 2017, Xiamen Airlines operated Changle's first direct route to North America, with a Boeing 787-9 service to New York–JFK airport. On the 11th December 2018, a second intercontinental route to Paris was launched.
In September 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission approved for airport phase two expansion project. The project includes the following construction works:
- Construction of a 3600m x 60m second runway and relevant taxiway.
- Construction of a 255,000m2 second terminal.
- Construction of 60 new aircraft stands, eight cargo aircraft stands and relevant supporting facilities.
- Construction of second air traffic control tower and new 9000m2 air traffic management centre.
- Reconstruction of existing air traffic control tower and air traffic management centre.
The airport targets 36 million passengers and 450,000 tonnes cargo per year by 2030 upon project completion.
Fuzhou Changle International Airport is located at 25°56´ north latitude and 119°39´ east longitude. It is surrounded by the sea on three sides. The surrounding area of the airport is flat, but it extends southwest and northeast, surrounded by mountains.
There is a taxi waiting at the exit of the arrival hall. The city's unified price starts at 10 yuan / 3 kilometers, and over 3 kilometers per kilometer is 2 yuan.
The airport passenger terminal has a number of fixed shuttle routes to Fuzhou City and surrounding areas, opening hours from 4:30-22:30.
There are many expressways that can directly reach Changle International Airport, such as Shenhai Expressway, Fuyin Expressway, and Airport Expressway.
According to the newly released intercity railway construction plan for the west coast of Fujian Province, the Fuzhou-Changle Airport Intercity Railway (F1/3) will be directly connected to the airport, and will be passed by Metro Line 6 near the airport.
Fuzhou Changle International Airport has a subtropical maritime climate, with the northeast monsoon prevailing in the winter half year and the southwest monsoon in the summer half year. There will be continuous rainy weather in spring. Due to typhoon and subtropical high pressure, there are often strong winds and heavy rains in summer. There will be continuously sunny weather in winter.
In addition to the southerly winds in the south of July, Changle Airport is dominated by the northerly winds in the other 11 months, and there are mountain hills in the west of the Changle Plain.
Typical climate characteristics of Changle Airport are: (1) , cloudy, low cloud base; (2) abundant rainfall, large number of rainy days; (3) fast wind speed, large number of windy days, and the annual average wind speed is 4.5m/s (4) the airport has less thunderstorms, but the airport airspace has frequent thunderstorms (5)well marked sea-land breeze effect (6) humid air, the annual average relative humidity is 75%.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|China Postal Airlines||Nanjing, Taipei–Taoyuan, Xiamen|
Flight Delay Rate and ReasonsEdit
In 2017, the total throughput of Changle Airport ranked 28 in China, carrying passengers up to 12,469,235 throughout the year.
In the latest airport punctuality rate ranking in October 2018, Changle Airport ranked 16, which is 83.19%, with an average delay of 23 minutes. Delays of more than 60 minutes are rare, only 2.54%.
Aviation and weather are closely connected. Thunderstorms are currently recognized as one of the most important weather phenomena that seriously affect the safety of airport and efficiency of flights.When flying in thunderstorms area, passengers and crew may encounter dangerous weather such as wind shear, bumps, hail, downburst, etc.
In recent years, Fuzhou Changle International Airport has experienced a rapid growth for flight delays and return flight due to thunderstorms. In 2016, the number of flights affected by thunderstorms at Changle Airport was 729, taking up 38.4% of the total number of flights affected by the weather. The annual average thunderstorm of Fuzhou Changle International Airport is 27.3d which is considerably frequent and has a greater impact on flight. Thunderstorms vary greatly from year to year, and thunderstorms may occur throughout the year. As the temperature rises, thunderstorms frequency begin to increase.
The main activity period of thunderstorms at Fuzhou Airport is from March to September. Thunderstorms appear most frequent in summer, with an average number of days of 13.5 days, accounting for 49.5 percent of the total number of thunderstorms in the year.
Compared to other months of the year, the thunderstorms in June showed the highest number, with an average of 5.1d. Most are dry thunderstorms and are not prone to rainfall.
Thunder mainly concentrated in the afternoon to the middle of the night, with the highest frequency occurring at 17: 00.
Thunderstorms may occur in all directions of Fuzhou Airport, among them, west direction has highest frequency, followed by the northwest and southwest directions. This is because the eastern part of the airport is the ocean, the west is the mountainous area, and the convection over the mountains is stronger than the ocean.
The average visibility in the first half of the year is less than 1000 meters. The number of days is significantly higher than that in the second half, accounting for 83% of the whole year. The visibility of the airport has obvious seasonal differences, showing the worst visibility in spring.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-05-14. Retrieved 2007-04-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Cao, Hui (November 2007). "The dynamic change on tourist ecological footprint of Fuzhou City, Fujian Province 福州市旅游生态足迹动态". ACTA Ecology Sinica 生态学报. Vol 27， No. 11.
- "福州义序机场". Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Xiamen Airlines starts its longest ever route - to New York". 2017-02-16.
- "Xiamen Airlines adds Paris service from Dec 2018".
- "NDRC approves Fuzhou Changle International Airport's USD3bn phase two expansion project".
- "Bus Information班车时间". TIme schedule时间表. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- Zhang, Jinqian (February 2012). "A Comparative Study of Urban Spatial Expansion under Different Economic Development Stages——Taking Fuzhou and Taipei as Examples 不同经济发展阶段下城市空间扩展对比研究 ———以福州和台北为例". Journal of Natural Resources 自然资源学报. Vol.27 No.2.
- "Public Consultation on the Inter-city Railway Construction of the Urban Agglomeration of the West Coast of Fujian Province (2015 - 2020)福建省海峡西岸城市群城际铁路建设规划（2015-2020）调整环评公众意见征询". Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- Zhang, Wenkai (March 1996). "Analysis of Urban Expansion Conditions in Fuzhou Basin and East Changle 福州盆地和长乐东部的城市扩展条件分析". Tropical Geography 热带地理. Vol.16 No.1.
- Zhang Zhichao, 张智超. "Analysis of Thunderstorm Characteristics of Fuzhou Changle International Airport （in Chinese） 福州长乐国际机场雷暴特征分析". Straits Science 海峡科学杂志. 2017 Volume 7: 86–88，96.
- Qinghua Yang, 杨清华. "Feature Analysis for Fog of Fuzhou Changle International Airport 1998-2010". Air Traffic 空中交通.
- "Cambodia Airways to link Phnom Penh & Fuzhou in Aug 2019". Cambodia-Airways.com. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- "东航新开两条航线 - 东航新闻 - 中国东方航空公司". www.ceair.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "航班换季 重庆将新增开至温州福州通化等航线".
- "佛山机场又将开通新航线 届时将覆盖12个城市-中国侨网".
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Far Eastern adds new cross-strait routes in 4Q17". Routesonline.
- "包头机场多条航线首航 —— 新华网内蒙古频道".
- "JC Cambodia launches new route from Phnom Penh to Fuzhou-China in Aug 2019". JCAirlines.Com. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Lanmei Airlines further expands China network June - August 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Ruili Airlines adds Fuzhou – Sihanoukville link from late-Oct 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Xiamen Airlines adds Paris service from Dec 2018".
- "2017 Civil Aviation Airport Production Statistics Bulletin 2017年民航机场生产统计公报". Civil Aviation Administration of China 中国民用航空局. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Airport release punctuality rate ranking 机场放行准点率排名". Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- Sasse, M (2003). "A study of thunderstorm-induced Daleys at Frankfurt Airport Germany". Meteorological Applications. 10 (1): 21–30. Bibcode:2003MeApp..10...21S. doi:10.1017/S1350482703005036.
- Qin, Chao (2012). "Analysis of the Characteristics of Visibility of Fuzhou Changle International Airport 福州长乐国际机场能见度的特征分析". China Science and Technology Expo 中国科技博览.