Tibet Airlines (Tibetan: བོད་ལྗོངས་མཁའ་འགྲུལ།, Wylie: bod ljongs mkha' 'grul; Chinese: 西藏航空; pinyin: Xīzàng Hángkōng, abbreviated Chinese: 藏航; pinyin: Zàngháng) is an airline with its corporate headquarters and registered office in Lhasa, Tibet Autonomous Region, and operates scheduled domestic flights out of Lhasa Gonggar Airport.
|Hubs||Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, Lhasa Gonggar Airport|
|Parent company||Air China|
|Headquarters||Lhasa, Tibet Autonomous Region|
|Key people||Liu Yanping, General Manager|
The airline commenced its inaugural route from Lhasa Gonggar Airport to Ngari Gunsa Airport on 26 July 2011 and began flights to Beijing and Shanghai later that year. The airline also announced plans to start direct flights to Europe by 2016. In February 2011, The Times of India reported that the airline was interested in starting operations in India and other countries in South and South East Asia.
The first international flight of Tibet Airlines was launched on 1 July 2016, connecting Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport and Samui Airport in Thailand. In September 2016, the airline confirmed that they had received permission to launch service to the Black Sea resort of Sochi from Sanya via Chengdu, starting in 2017.
On 8 January 2019 Finnish airport operator Finavia announced that Tibet Airlines will open a new route between Jinan, Shandong Province and Helsinki, Finland in April 2019. The route is to be operated twice weekly with Airbus A330 equipment.
The airline has its head office and its registered office in the Lhasa Economic and Technological Development Zone (simplified Chinese: 拉萨市经济技术开发区; traditional Chinese: 拉薩市經濟技術開發區; pinyin: Lāsà Shì Jīngjì Jìshù Kāifāqū), in Lhasa, Tibet Autonomous Region. It also has an office in Chengdu.
- "Hainan Airlines set to establish Chengdu base". ch-aviation. 22 January 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Tibet Airlines to take off next year: state media". The Independent. London. 27 June 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Start-up Tibet Airlines to take three A319s". Flight Global. 19 August 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Tibet Airlines to start routes to Europe". People's Daily Online. 25 August 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Tibet Airlines keen to start operations in India". The Times Of India. 27 February 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Tibet Airlines Schedules International Debut in July 2016". Routes Online. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- "Tibet Airlines confirms its long-haul debut at World Routes". Routes Online. 25 September 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- 联系我们. Tibet Airlines. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
注册地址： 西藏自治区拉萨市经济技术开发区阳光新城A2-2-2-1（邮编：851400）" and "成都保障区：成都双流国际机场股份有限公司综合保障区(西区)7栋3楼（邮编：610202）(Archive)
- "Tibet Airlines to be launched in May; first flights due mid 2011". People's Daily Online. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Tibet Airlines will launch its operations with the A319". Airbus. 19 August 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Elliott, Mark (3 August 2016). "Tibet Airlines plans first European flights". Travel Daily Media. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Tibet Airlines to commence long haul flights from Jinan
- "Tibet Airlines adds Nepal service from March 2017". Airlineroute. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Tibet Airlines adds international routes from Xi'An from late-Aug 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 12.
- "Tibet Airlines Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- 西藏航空第二架空客A330飞机 顺利抵达拉萨. CARNOC.COM. 18 February 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Tibet Airlines Takes Delivery of Brand New A330 Aircraft". www.chinaaviationdaily.com. Retrieved 23 May 2017.