Yiwu Airport (IATA: YIW, ICAO: ZSYW) is a dual-use military and civil airport serving Yiwu, Jinhua in Zhejiang Province, China. It is located 5.5 kilometres (3.4 mi) northwest of the center of Yiwu and 51 km (32 mi) from the urban area of Jinhua.
|Serves||Yiwu and Jinhua|
Yiwu airport was originally a military training airfield for the People's Liberation Army Navy. In 1988 the national government approved the conversion of the airfield to a dual-use military and civil airport. The airport was opened to civilian flights on 1 April 1991. In December 1993 the airport was closed for a 100-million yuan expansion, and reopened in December 1994. A second round of expansion began in 2006 with a total investment of 300 million yuan, and a new terminal building was opened in April 2009.
Yiwu Airport had a runway that was 2,500 meters long and 45 meters wide, and an 18,000 square-meter terminal building. It is capable of handling 1 million passengers per year. In 2015, construction began to extend the runway by 500 meters and to build a parallel taxiway. The new 3,000-meter runway was opened on 13 November 2017, making the airport class 4D.
On 6 January 2012, construction commenced for a new international terminal. The project includes a 13,436 square-meter terminal building, three additional aircraft parking bays, expansion of car park, and building of new roads and bridges. The new terminal was opened in 2014.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
- "AMANDA INTL GROUP - Yiwu Airport". www.yiwuen.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- 20载扶摇直上著华章 义乌机场与商城共腾飞. Carnoc (in Chinese). 17 April 2011.
- 义乌机场新航站10日启用 提供一流地面服务. Sina (in Chinese). 10 April 2009.
- 义乌民航4D机场正式启用. Carnoc (in Chinese). 13 November 2017.
- 义乌机场国际航站楼工程开工建设 (in Chinese). CAAC. 11 January 2012.
- 义乌机场航空口岸开放 国际航班或首飞东南亚. Carnoc (in Chinese). 11 August 2014.
- 新航季 · 新航线 ① | 东航云南始发新航线即将开启！快来Pick你心仪的目的地！