Liege Airport (IATA: LGG, ICAO: EBLG), previously called Liege-Bierset, is an international airport located 5 nautical miles (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) west of the City of Liège in the Province of Liège in Wallonia, Belgium, mainly focusing on air freight. At the end of 2018, it was the 7th biggest cargo airport in Europe and the 22nd biggest in the world.
|Owner||Walloon government & private investors|
|Operator||Liege Airport s.a.|
|Location||Grâce-Hollogne, Liège, Wallonia|
|Elevation AMSL||659 ft / 201 m|
It is mainly used for freight/cargo operations, but also serves a number of destinations for passengers (mainly charters). Liege is located in the centre of the golden triangle Paris – Amsterdam – Frankfurt that handles 66% of European freight, and 75% when taken together with London. In 2018 it was the seventh biggest cargo airport in Europe. Liege Airport is the biggest cargo airport in Belgium, and the third-biggest for passengers after Brussels Airport and Brussels South Charleroi Airport. It is the global hub of ASL Airlines Belgium (the former TNT Airways) and is also used by several other cargo carriers on a scheduled or irregular basis.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|TUI fly Belgium|| Alicante, Gran Canaria, Kayseri, Málaga, Tenerife–South |
Seasonal: Antalya, Djerba, Enfidha, Heraklion, Izmir, Kos, Oujda, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Tangier, Tétouan
The airport is located next to the E42 (exit 3), close to an important highway junction.
An express bus (number 57) links the airport to Liege-Guillemins where connections can be made with local, national and high speed international trains (Thalys, ICE). Bus number 53 goes to Liege city centre (Place Saint-Lambert) where connections are available with Liege-Saint-Lambert railway station and bus hub, and to Pont-de-Seraing railway station and bus hub. Buses 83 and 85 connect the airport with Liege's city centre (Place Saint-Lambert) where connections are available with Liege-Saint-Lambert railway station and bus hub, and Bierset-Awans railway station.
- AIP for EBLG – Liege Airport from Skeyes
- "Liege Airport". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- 2009 report
- Destinations retrieved 16 July 2020
- "Vols liege – Billets d'avion liege – TUI fly". www.tuifly.be.
- airbridgecargo.com – Our network retrieved 16 July 2020
- Ltd, DVV Media International. "Air China Cargo lands at Liege Airport". Air Cargo News.
- aslairlines.be - Scheduled retrieved 16 July 2020
- astral-aviation.com - Schedule retrieved 16 July 2020
- cal-cargo.com – Network retrieved 17 November 2019
- cargoethiopianairlines.com – Cargo Network retrieved 28 March 2020
- icelandaircargo.com – Flight schedule retrieved 28 October 2018
- qrcargo.com - Schedule retrieved 16 July 2020
Media related to Liège Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in French and Dutch)