2009–10 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase and play-off round
This article details the 2009–10 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase and play-off round.
All times CEST (UTC+2)
- 1 Teams
- 2 Qualifying phase
- 2.1 First qualifying round
- 2.2 Second qualifying round
- 2.3 Third qualifying round
- 2.4 Play-off round
- 3 References
- 4 External links
This table shows the path of all 174 teams involved in the qualifying phase and play-off round, including the 15 losing teams from the Champions League third qualifying round which joined at the play-off round (marked by CL). 38 teams qualified for the group stage to join the 10 losing teams from the Champions League play-off round.
|Key to colours|
|Qualify for the group stage|
First qualifying roundEdit
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Sutjeska Nikšić||2–31||MTZ-RIPO Minsk||1–1||1–2 (aet)|
|Sligo Rovers||2–3||Vllaznia Shkodër||1–2||1–1|
|Olimpi Rustavi||4–0||B36 Tórshavn||2–0||2–0|
|Anorthosis Famagusta||7–1||Käerjéng 97||5–0||2–1|
|Budućnost Podgorica||1–2||Polonia Warsaw||0–2||1–0|
|Narva Trans||1–61||Rudar Velenje||0–3||1–3|
|Spartak Trnava||5–2||Inter Baku||2–1||3–1|
|Simurq Zaqatala||0–4||Bnei Yehuda||0–1||0–3|
|Fram||4–21||The New Saints||2–1||2–1|
- Note 1: MTZ-RIPO Minsk, FK Vėtra, Rosenborg, Rudar Velenje, Široki Brijeg and The New Saints were originally drawn to play the first leg at home, but their ties were reversed so that their opponents would host the first legs.
|Olimpi Rustavi||2–0||B36 Tórshavn|
|Megreladze 10', 88'||Report|
|Simurq Zaqatala||0–1||Bnei Yehuda|
|Sutjeska Nikšić||1–1||MTZ-RIPO Minsk|
|Međedović 49'||Report||Bubnov 77'|
|Rafael 2', 86'
Den Ouden 72'
|Demerji 48'||Report||Karakulov 72'
|Kislyak 72' (pen.)
|Narva Trans||0–3||Rudar Velenje|
|Report||Cipot 9' (pen.)
|Spartak Trnava||2–1||Inter Baku|
|Kožuch 20', 26'||Report||Gutiérrez 80'|
|Report||Grigaitis 11', 79'
|Anorthosis Famagusta||5–0||Käerjéng 97|
|Costa 10' (o.g.)
Frousos 62', 90+1'
|Report||Zahora 21', 59'
Lustig 89' (pen.)
|Sligo Rovers||1–2||Vllaznia Shkodër|
|Cretaro 89' (pen.)||Report||Smajli 69'
Keane 75' (o.g.)
|Fram||2–1||The New Saints|
|S. Tillen 33' (pen.)
|Budućnost Podgorica||0–2||Polonia Warsaw|
|Whelan 88'||Report||Gelashvili 11', 34'
Grigalashvili 22', 38'
|Larsson 50', 86'
|Report||S. Jones 28'|
- Note 2: Played in Baku at Tofik Bakhramov Stadium as Simurq Zaqatala's Zaqatala City Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 3: Played in Yerevan at Hanrapetakan Stadium as Banants's Banants Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 4: Played in Ta' Qali at Centenary Stadium.
- Note 5: Played in Tallinn at A. Le Coq Arena as Narva Trans's Kreenholmi Staadion did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 6: Played in Luxembourg at Stade Josy Barthel as Grevenmacher's Op Flohr Stadion did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 7: Played in Tórshavn at Gundadalur as NSÍ Runavík's Runavík Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 8: Played in Lurgan at Mourneview Park as Lisburn Distillery's New Grosvenor Stadium is undergoing renovative work.
- Note 9: Played in Airdrie at Excelsior Stadium as Motherwell's Fir Park is undergoing extensive renovative work.
|Report||O. Andronic 16'
G. Andronic 19'
Zimbru Chișinău won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Dvali 5', 39', 42'
Benashvili 86', 90'
Zestaponi won 11–1 on aggregate.
|Ednei 83' (pen.)||Report||Makondele 68'|
Helsingborg won 4–2 on aggregate.
Rajos 36' (o.g.)
|Report||Chernyshov 24' (o.g.)|
Haladás 2–2 Irtysh on aggregate. Haladás won on away goals.
|Inter Baku||1–3||Spartak Trnava|
|Guglielmone 11'||Report||Sukennik 34'
Spartak Trnava won 5–2 on aggregate.
|MTZ-RIPO Minsk||2–1 (aet)||Sutjeska Nikšić|
|Ryndzyuk 67', 111'||Report||Todorović 63'|
MTZ-RIPO won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Ibraimi 12'||Report||Kislyak 38' (pen.)|
Dinamo Minsk won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Bnei Yehuda||3–0||Simurq Zaqatala|
|Galván 27', 66'
Bnei Yehuda won 4–0 on aggregate.
Dinaburg won 2–1 on aggregate.
Slaven Belupo won 1–0 on aggregate.
|B36 Tórshavn||0–2||Olimpi Rustavi|
Olimpi Rustavi won 4–0 on aggregate.
|Diop 13', 70'||Report|
Lahti won 4–3 on aggregate.
|Huss 18' (o.g.)
FK Vėtra won 6–0 on aggregate.
Konan Ya 90+2' (pen.)
Rosenborg won 6–1 on aggregate.
|Rudar Velenje||3–1||Narva Trans|
|Cipot 28', 73'
Rudar Velenje won 6–1 on aggregate.
|Käerjéng 97||1–2||Anorthosis Famagusta|
|Fiorani 90+3'||Report||Sosin 44'
Anorthosis Famagusta won 7–1 on aggregate.
|Vllaznia Shkodër||1–1||Sligo Rovers|
|Shtubina 43'||Report||Keane 84'|
Vllaznia Shkodër won 3–2 on aggregate.
|The New Saints||1–2||Fram|
|Evans 11'||Report||Ormarsson 16'
S. Tillen 66' (pen.)
Fram won 4–2 on aggregate.
|Report||Sutton 8', 25'
Motherwell won 3–1 on aggregate.
Široki Brijeg won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Polonia Warsaw||0–1||Budućnost Podgorica|
Polonia Warsaw won 2–1 on aggregate.
Randers won 7–0 on aggregate.
J. Guðmundsson 72'
Valletta won 5–2 on aggregate.
- Note 10: Played in Karagandy at Shakhtyor Stadium as Irtysh's Pavlodar Central Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 11: Played in Baku at Tofik Bakhramov Stadium as Inter Baku's Shafa Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 12: Played in Skopje at Gradski Stadion as Renova's City Stadium Tetovo did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 13: Played in Tallinn at A. Le Coq Arena as Nõmme Kalju's Hiiu Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 14: Played in Ta' Qali at Centenary Stadium.
- Note 15: Played in Tirana at Qemal Stafa as Dinamo Tirana's Selman Stërmasi stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 16: Played in Luxembourg at Stade Josy Barthel as Käerjéng's Stade um Bëchel did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 17: Played in Llanelli at Parc y Scarlets as Llanelli's Stebonheath Park did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 18: Played in Lurgan at Mourneview Park as Linfield's Windsor Park did not meet UEFA criteria.
Second qualifying roundEdit
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Zimbru Chișinău||0–119||Paços de Ferreira||0–0||0–1|
|Sturm Graz||3–2||Široki Brijeg||2–1||1–1|
|MŠK Žilina||3–0||Dacia Chișinău||2–0||1–0|
|St Patrick's Athletic||2–1||Valletta||1–1||1–0|
|Legia Warsaw||4–0||Olimpi Rustavi||3–0||1–0|
|Rapid Wien||8–0||Vllaznia Shkodër||5–0||3–0|
|Liepājas Metalurgs||3–4||Dinamo Tbilisi||2–1||1–3|
|FK Vėtra||3–2||HJK Helsinki||0–1||3–1|
|Metalurh Donetsk||5–1||MTZ-RIPO Minsk||3–0||2–120|
|Sevojno||1–1 (a)||FBK Kaunas||0–0||1–1|
|Sliema Wanderers||0–3||Maccabi Netanya||0–0||0–3|
|Rudar Velenje||0–5||Red Star Belgrade||0–1||0–4|
- Note 19: Paços de Ferreira, Polonia Warsaw and Rabotnički were originally drawn to play the first leg at home, but their ties were reversed so that their opponents would host the first legs.
- Note 20: Second leg match suspended in the 11th minute due to inclement weather and poor drainage on the waterlogged pitch. After 55 minutes the match resumed.
|Sliema Wanderers||0–0||Maccabi Netanya|
|Rainey 90'||Report||B. Božinovski 47'|
|Benashvili 70'||Report||Jönsson 62'
Vojnović 39', 41', 44'
|Dzegtseraw 21', 66'||Report||Marić 90'|
|MŠK Žilina||2–0||Dacia Chișinău|
|Liepājas Metalurgs||2–1||Dinamo Tbilisi|
|Metalurh Donetsk||3–0||MTZ-RIPO Minsk|
|Zhumaskaliyev 2'||Report||Baroš 58'|
|Zimbru Chișinău||0–0||Paços de Ferreira|
|Kozlovs 17'||Report||McManus 44'|
|FK Vėtra||0–1||HJK Helsinki|
|Rossi 89'||Report||Fjóulson 22'|
|Rapid Wien||5–0||Vllaznia Shkodër|
|Hofmann 33' (pen.)
Jelavić 68', 73'
|Sturm Graz||2–1||Široki Brijeg|
|Legia Warsaw||3–0||Olimpi Rustavi|
|Rudar Velenje||0–1||Red Star Belgrade|
De Graaf 55', 70'
Amoah 57', 61'
|St Patrick's Athletic||1–1||Valletta|
|O'Brien 38'||Report||G. Agius 65'|
- Note 21: Played in Ta' Qali at Centenary Stadium.
- Note 22: Played in Lurgan at Mourneview Park as Crusaders's Seaview did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 23: Played in Vitebsk at Vitebsky Central Sport Complex as Naftan's Atlant Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 24: Played in Belgrade at Partizan Stadium as Sevojno's Stadion kraj Valjaonice did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 25: Played in Burgas at Lazur Stadium as Cherno More's Ticha Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 26: Played in Luxembourg at Stade Josy Barthel as Differdange's Stade du Thillenberg did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 27: Played in San Marino at Montecchio.
|Olimpi Rustavi||0–1||Legia Warsaw|
Legia Warsaw won 4–0 on aggregate.
|Dinamo Tbilisi||3–1||Liepājas Metalurgs|
|Merebashvili 18', 63'
G. Kashia 53'
Dinamo Tbilisi won 4–3 on aggregate.
Karabakh won 1–0 on aggregate.
|MTZ-RIPO Minsk||1–2||Metalurh Donetsk|
|Ceolin 16'||Report||Mguni 36'
Metalurh Donetsk won 5–1 on aggregate.
|B. Božinovski 20'
Zé Carlos 35', 79'
Rabotnički won 5–3 on aggregate.
Rotković 78', 103'
Petrovac won 4–3 on aggregate.
De Graaf 34'
NAC Breda won 8–0 on aggregate.
Lahti won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Valletta||0–1||St Patrick's Athletic|
St Patrick's Athletic won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Kasimir 80'||Report||Jallow 28'
Brøndby won 4–2 on aggregate.
|Fridrikas 76'||Report||Vujović 48'|
Kaunas 1–1 Sevojno on aggregate. Sevojno won on away goals.
|Sarvas 10', 66'
Polonia Warsaw won 5–0 on aggregate.
Bnei Yehuda won 5–0 on aggregate.
|HJK Helsinki||1–3||FK Vėtra|
|Kamara 3'||Report||Grigalevičius 27'
FK Vėtra won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Dacia Chișinău||0–1||MŠK Žilina|
MŠK Žilina won 3–0 on aggregate.
Elfsborg won 3–0 on aggregate.
|Knarvik 28', 90+1'
Tromsø won 4–1 won aggregate.
|Lorentzen 17'||Report||Lukšys 58'|
Randers won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Dos Santos 42' (pen.)||Report||Streller 12'
Alvarez 40' (o.g.)
Basel won 7–1 on aggregate.
|Maccabi Netanya||3–0||Sliema Wanderers|
Maccabi Netanya won 3–0 on aggregate.
Tepurić 61', 74'
Vojnović 78', 88'
Slaven Belupo won 12–2 on aggregate.
|Tsigas 28'||Report||Sigurðsson 75'|
KR won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Report||Manolov 25', 54'
Cherno More won 4–0 on aggregate.
|Doležaj 19'||Report||Jahović 88'|
Sarajevo won 2–1 on aggregate.
Vaduz won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Vaskó 82'||Report||Székely 58'
Steaua București won 4–1 on aggregate.
Derry City won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Jespersen 56'||Report||Konstantinou 27', 65', 78'
Omonia won 8–1 on aggregate.
Gent 2–2 Naftan on aggregate. Gent won on away goals.
Galatasaray won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Vllaznia Shkodër||0–3||Rapid Wien|
|Report||Hofmann 66', 90+3'
Rapid Wien won 8–0 on aggregate.
|Široki Brijeg||1–1||Sturm Graz|
|Šilić 61'||Report||Jantscher 41'|
Sturm Graz won 3–2 on aggregate.
Slavija won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Red Star Belgrade||4–0||Rudar Velenje|
Jevtić 74', 90+4'
Red Star Belgrade won 5–0 on aggregate.
|Murphy 16', 19', 34'
Forbes 28' (pen.), 50'
Motherwell won 8–2 on aggregate.
Helsingborg won 4–3 on aggregate.
Sigma Olomouc won 3–1 on aggregate.
Anas Sharbini 24'
Ahmad Sharbini 64'
Rijeka won 3–1 on aggregate.
Honka won 3–0 on aggregate.
|Paços de Ferreira||1–0||Zimbru Chișinău|
Paços de Ferreira won 1–0 on aggregate.
- Note 28: Played in Baku at Tofik Bakhramov Stadium as Karabakh's Guzanli Olympic Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 29: Played in Nikšić at Stadion Gradski as Petrovac's Pod Malim Brdom Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 30: Played in Yerevan at Hanrapetakan Stadium as Gandzasar's Lernagorts Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 31: Played in Ta' Qali at Centenary Stadium.
- Note 32: Played in Andorra la Vella at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall.
- Note 33: Played in Tel Aviv at Bloomfield Stadium as Maccabi Netanya's Sar-Tov Stadium will be demolished soon.
- Note 34: Played in Tiraspol at Sheriff Stadium as Iskra-Stal's Orăşănesc Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 35: Played in Sarajevo at Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium as Slavija's Gradski SRC Slavija Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 36: Played in Airdrie at Excelsior Stadium as Motherwell's Fir Park is undergoing extensive renovative work.
- Note 37: Played in Wrexham at Racecourse Ground as Bangor City's Farrar Road Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria and will be demolished soon.
- Note 38: Played in Guimarães at Estádio D. Afonso Henriques as Paços de Ferreira's Estádio da Mata Real did not meet UEFA criteria.
Third qualifying roundEdit
Teams with a coefficient of at least 7.826 were seeded. Karabakh, Petrovac and Slavija were also seeded because the draw was held before the second qualifying round, in which they beat teams who would have been seeded.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Helsingborg||3–3 (4–5p)39||Sarajevo||2–1||1–2 (aet)|
|IFK Göteborg||2–4||Hapoel Tel Aviv||1–3||1–1|
|PSV Eindhoven||2–0||Cherno More||1–0||1–0|
|Metalurh Donetsk||5–0||Interblock Ljubljana||2–0||3–0|
|Rapid Wien||4–339||APOP Kinyras||2–1||2–2 (aet)|
|St Patrick's Athletic||3–3 (a)||Krylia Sovetov||1–0||2–3|
|Brøndby||3–3 (a)||Legia Warsaw||1–1||2–2|
|CSKA Sofia||2–1||Derry City||1–0||1–1|
|MŠK Žilina||2–1||Hajduk Split||1–1||1–0|
|Bnei Yehuda||2–0||Paços de Ferreira||1–0||1–0|
|Athletic Bilbao||2–2 (a)||Young Boys||0–1||2–1|
|Dinamo Tbilisi||4–5||Red Star Belgrade||2–0||2–5|
|Polonia Warsaw||1–4||NAC Breda||0–1||1–3|
- Note 39: Sarajevo, Gent, Galatasaray and APOP Kinyras were originally drawn to play the first leg at home, but their ties were reversed so that their opponents would host the first legs.
|Bnei Yehuda||1–0||Paços de Ferreira|
|Dinamo Tbilisi||2–0||Red Star Belgrade|
Zé Carlos 74'
|Report||Cacá 20', 34', 70'
Sørensen 62' (pen.)
|Divanović 13'||Report||Haas 64' (pen.)
|Yampolsky 25'||Report||Hakan Balta 30'
|Borges 48'||Report||Wilk 10'
Arboleda 22', 25'
|IFK Göteborg||1–3||Hapoel Tel Aviv|
|Hysén 21'||Report||Shetcher 73'
|Report||Šafarić 38' (pen.)|
|CSKA Sofia||1–0||Derry City|
|Farnerud 73' (pen.)||Report||Iwański 40' (pen.)|
|Metalurh Donetsk||2–0||Interblock Ljubljana|
Mário Sérgio 50' (pen.)