2010–11 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase
This article details the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase and play-off round.
Each tie was played over two legs, with each team playing one leg at home. The team that had the higher aggregate score over the two legs progressed to the next round. In the event that aggregate scores finished level, the away goals rule was applied; i.e., the team that scored more goals away from home over the two legs progressed. If away goals were also equal, then 30 minutes of extra time was played, divided into two 15-minute halves. The away goals rule was again applied after extra time; i.e., if there were goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score was still level, the visiting team qualified by virtue of more away goals scored. If no goals were scored during extra time, the tie was decided by a penalty shootout.
All times are CEST (UTC+2)
Round and draw datesEdit
|Phase||Round||Draw date and time||First leg||Second leg|
|Qualifying||First qualifying round||21 June 2010, 13:00 CEST||1 July 2010||8 July 2010|
|Second qualifying round||15 July 2010||22 July 2010|
|Third qualifying round||16 July 2010, 13:30 CEST||29 July 2010||5 August 2010|
|Play-off||Play-off round||6 August 2010, 13:30 CEST||19 August 2010||26 August 2010|
Matches may also be played on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead of the regular Thursdays due to scheduling conflicts.
Below are the 160 teams involved in the qualifying phase and play-off round, grouped by their starting rounds. The 37 winners of the play-off round qualified for the group stage to join the 10 losing teams from the Champions League play-off round, and the title holders, Atlético Madrid.
In each round, teams were seeded based on their 2010 UEFA club coefficients. Prior to the draw, UEFA may form "groups" in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee, but they are purely for convenience of the draw and do not resemble any real groupings in the sense of the competition, while ensuring that teams from the same association not drawn against each other.
|Key to colours|
|Qualify for the group stage|
First qualifying roundEdit
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3|
|Group 4||Group 5|
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|UE Santa Coloma||0–5||Mogren||0–3||0–2|
|KF Tirana||1–0||Zalaegerszeg||0–0||1–0 (aet)|
|TPS||7–1||Port Talbot Town||3–1||4–0|
|Llanelli||4–5||Tauras Tauragė||2–2||2–3 (aet)|
|Shakhter Karaganda||1–3||Ruch Chorzów||1–2||0–1|
- Note 1: Order of legs reversed after original draw.
|Zhumaskaliyev 13'||Report||Dragičević 53', 82'|
Khmaladze 63' (pen.)
|Marashi 45+1'||Report||Turlin 90+2'|
|Zé Carlos 24'
Silva 55', 56'
Gorškov 53' (o.g.)
|Shakhter Karaganda||1–2||Ruch Chorzów|
|Đidić 7'||Report||Janoszka 45+1'
Grzyb 48' (pen.)
|Z. Peličić 77' (pen.)||Report||Orbu 39'|
|Gelashvili 20' (pen.), 23'
Dvali 22', 64'
|TPS||3–1||Port Talbot Town|
|Riku Riski 24', 35'
|Report||Kink 38', 58'|
|UE Santa Coloma||0–3||Mogren|
Movsisyan 17', 90'
Pedersen 47' (pen.)
|Report||Benzouien 49' (pen.)|
|Lecky 38'||Report||Laizāns 90+3'|
Gabriel Pereira 73'
Jorge Almeida 76'
Benichou 80' (o.g.)
S. Jones 47'
|Report||Kižys 9', 20'|
|Ricardo Santos 79'||Report|
- Note 2: Played in Durrës at the Stadiumi Niko Dovana as Laçi's Stadiumi Laçi did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 3: Played in Tallinn at the A. Le Coq Arena as Narva Trans's Narva Kreenholmi Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 4: Played in Tirana at the Qemal Stafa Stadium as KF Tirana's Selman Stërmasi Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 5: Played in Nikšić at the Stadion Gradski as Zeta's Trešnjica Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 6: Played in Chișinău at the Zimbru Stadium as Olimpia's Olimpia Bălți Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 7: Played in Baku at the Tofiq Bahramov Stadium as Qarabağ's Guzanli Olympic Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 8: Played in Dugopolje at Stadion Hrvatski vitezovi as Šibenik's Stadion Šubićevac did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 9: Played in Andorra la Vella at the Camp d'Esports del M.I. Consell General as the grass in Estadi Comunal d'Andorra la Vella was being replaced. This grass replacement led to the 3–0 loss awarded to FC Santa Coloma on the first leg of the UEFA Champions League first qualifying round against Birkirkara.
- Note 10: Played in Luxembourg City at the Stade Josy Barthel as Grevenmacher's Op Flohr Stadion did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 11: Played in Tórshavn at the Gundadalur as NSÍ Runavík's Runavík Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 12: Played in Domžale at the Sports Park as Olimpija Ljubljana's ŽŠD Ljubljana Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
Anorthosis won 4–0 on aggregate.
|Tauras Tauragė||3–2 (a.e.t.)||Llanelli|
|Irha 17', 31'
Tauras Tauragė won 5–4 on aggregate.
|Krstev 78'||Report||Imamaliev 69'|
Qarabağ won 5–2 on aggregate.
|Mogren||2–0||UE Santa Coloma|
Mogren won 5–0 on aggregate.
Šibenik won 3–0 on aggregate.
Dinamo Tbilisi won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Lalín 78'||Report||Robens 14'|
1–1 on aggregate. Olimpia won on away goals.
Bnei Yehuda won 1–0 on aggregate.
Portadown won 2–1 on aggregate.
Äijälä 67', 74'
Felipe Benevides 80'
MYPA won 7–0 on aggregate.
|Bychenok 10', 80'
Yurchenko 17' (pen.), 56', 81'
Dnepr Mogilev won 8–2 on aggregate.
Randers won 7–3 on aggregate.
1–1 on aggregate. Dacia won on away goals.
Győri ETO won 5–3 on aggregate.
|Zalaegerszeg||0–1 (a.e.t.)||KF Tirana|
KF Tirana won 1–0 on aggregate.
Gefle won 4–1 on aggregate.
|Report||Wandeir 25', 68'
Silva 33', 42', 54'
Rabotnički won 11–0 on aggregate.
|Port Talbot Town||0–4||TPS|
Riku Riski 69'
Roope Riski 90+1'
TPS won 7–1 on aggregate.
Zrinjski won 4–2 on aggregate.
|Fenn 5' (pen.)
Dundalk won 5–4 on aggregate.
Ricardo Santos 50'
Kalmar FF won 4–0 on aggregate.
Široki Brijeg won 5–0 on aggregate.
Zestafoni won 5–0 on aggregate.
Hamilton 56' (pen.)
Black 54' (o.g.)
KR Reykjavík won 5–2 on aggregate.
|Ruch Chorzów||1–0||Shakhter Karaganda|
Ruch Chorzów won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Faye 32' (pen.)||Report||Ostroukh 41'
Kryvobok 86' (pen.), 88'
Torpedo Zhodino won 6–1 on aggregate.
- Note 13: Played in Kaunas at S. Darius and S. Girėnas Stadium as Tauras Tauragė's Vytautas Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 14: Played in Skopje at Philip II Arena as Metalurg Skopje's Železarnica Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 15: Played in Nikšić at Stadion Gradski as Mogren's Stadion Mogren did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 16: Played in Chişinău at Zimbru Stadium as Dacia's Dinamo Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 17: Played in Solna at Råsunda Stadium as Gefle's Strömvallen did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 18: Played in Toftir at Svangaskarð as EB/Streymur's Við Margáir did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 19: Played in Reykjavík at Laugardalsvöllur as Fylkir's Fylkisvöllur did not meet UEFA criteria.
Second qualifying roundEdit
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4|
|Group 5||Group 6||Group 7||Group 8|
*Unseeded teams from the first qualifying round that qualified for the second qualifying round, effectively taking the coefficient and seeding of their first qualifying round opponents in this draw.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Cercle Brugge||2–2 (a)||TPS||0–1||2–1|
|Lausanne-Sport||2–1||Borac Banja Luka||1–0||1–1|
|Sūduva Marijampolė||2–6||Rapid Wien||0–2||2–4|
|OFK Beograd||3–2||Torpedo Zhodino||2–2||1–0|
|MYPA||8–0||UE Sant Julià||3–0||5–021|
|Stabæk||3–3 (a)||Dnepr Mogilev||2–2||1–1|
|Shamrock Rovers||2–1||Bnei Yehuda||1–1||1–0|
|KR Reykjavík||2–6||Karpaty Lviv||0–3||2–3|
|Maccabi Tel Aviv||3–2||Mogren||2–0||1–2|
|Austria Wien||3–2||Široki Brijeg||2–2||1–0|
|Zestafoni||3–1||Dukla Banská Bystrica||3–0||0–1|
|WIT Georgia||0–6||Baník Ostrava||0–6||0–0|
|Differdange||3–5||Spartak Zlatibor Voda||3–3||0–2|
|Dinamo Minsk||10–1||Sillamäe Kalev||5–1||5–0|
|Valletta||1–1 (a)||Ruch Chorzów||1–1||0–0|
- Note 20: Order of legs reversed after original draw.
- Note 21: Original match abandoned in the 80th minute due to adverse weather conditions, with MYPA leading 1–0. The match was replayed on 23 July 2010 at 18:30 CEST from the beginning.
- Note 22: UEFA awarded Győri ETO a 3–0 win due to Atyrau fielding a suspended player in the first leg. The original match had ended in a 2–0 win for Győri ETO.
- Note 23: UEFA awarded Budućnost Podgorica a 3–0 win due to Baku fielding a suspended player in the first leg. The original match had ended in a 2–1 win for Baku.
|WIT Georgia||0–6||Baník Ostrava|
|Report||Nando 33', 56' (pen.), 64' (pen.)
|Scerri 75'||Report||Grzyb 18' (pen.)|
|OFK Beograd||2–2||Torpedo Zhodino|
Kantsavy 90+4' (o.g.)
Cramer 55', 71'
|MYPA||3–0||UE Sant Julià|
Äijälä 56', 65' (pen.)
Ericsson 79' (pen.)
|Austria Wien||2–2||Široki Brijeg|
|Zestafoni||3–0||Dukla Banská Bystrica|
|Dvali 24', 65'
|Savage 43'||Report||Jones 58'|
|Dinamo Minsk||5–1||Sillamäe Kalev|
|Sazankow 12', 33'
Bačelić-Grgić 61' (pen.)
|Berggren 51' (pen.)||Report||Vatsadze 11'
Khmaladze 87' (pen.)
|Lausanne-Sport||1–0||Borac Banja Luka|
|Differdange||3–3||Spartak Zlatibor Voda|
|Veselinov 6' (o.g.)
Torbica 28' (pen.)
Siebenaler 89' (o.g.)
Mladenov 14', 46'
Mustafa 86', 90+4'
|Report||Pa. Brożek 78'
Pi. Brożek 80'
|Van Wolfswinkel 8', 26'
Jallow 80', 85'
|Maccabi Tel Aviv||2–0||Mogren|
|Kahveci 19', 65'
|Ivanković 1', 21' (pen.)
|Sūduva Marijampolė||0–2||Rapid Wien|
|Horváth 79'||Report||Mezga 30'|
|Report||Óscar 19', 30'
Diogo 70', 82'
|Lecky 29'||Report||Ismayilov 67', 86'|
|Shamrock Rovers||1–1||Bnei Yehuda|
|Bayly 90+1'||Report||Afek 26'|
|KR Reykjavík||0–3||Karpaty Lviv|
- Note 24: Played in Tbilisi at Boris Paichadze Stadium as WIT Georgia's Shevardeni Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 25: Played in Kaunas at S. Darius and S. Girėnas Stadium as Tauras Tauragė's Vytautas stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 26: Played in Chișinău at Zimbru Stadium as Olimpia's Olimpia Bălți Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 27: Played in Vantaa at ISS Stadion as Honka's Tapiolan Urheilupuisto did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 28: Played in Solna at Råsunda Stadium as Gefle's Strömvallen did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 29: Played in Luxembourg City at Stade Josy Barthel as Differdange's Stade du Thillenberg did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 30: Played in Ghent at Jules Ottenstadion as Cercle Brugge's Jan Breydel Stadium is undergoing renovative work.
- Note 31: Played in Győr at ETO Park as Videoton's Stadion Sóstói did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 32: Played in Tirana at Qemal Stafa Stadium as Besa Kavajë's Stadiumi Besa did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 33: Played in Funchal at Estádio da Madeira as Marítimo's Estádio dos Barreiros is undergoing extensive renovative work.
- Note 34: Played in Belfast at Windsor Park as Cliftonville's Solitude did not meet UEFA criteria.
Rabotnički won 1–0 on aggregate.
Teteks won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Torpedo Zhodino||0–1||OFK Beograd|
OFK Beograd won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Dukla Banská Bystrica||1–0||Zestafoni|
Zestafoni won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Mogren||2–1||Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|Gluščević 58' (pen.), 80'||Report||Medunjanin 7'|
Maccabi Tel Aviv won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Spartak Zlatibor Voda||2–0||Differdange|
Spartak Zlatibor Voda won 5–3 on aggregate.
|Ismayilov 83'||Report||Braniff 71'|
Qarabağ won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Johansson 39' (pen.)||Report||Reynaldo 51'
Van Eenoo 86'
2–2 on aggregate. Cercle Brugge won on away goals.
|Yurchenko 85'||Report||Gunnarsson 37'|
3–3 on aggregate. Dnepr Mogilev won on away goals.
|Široki Brijeg||0–1||Austria Wien|
Austria Wien won 3–2 on aggregate.
2–2 on aggregate. Molde won on away goals.
|Baník Ostrava||0–0||WIT Georgia|
Baník Ostrava won 6–0 on aggregate.
|Sillamäe Kalev||0–5||Dinamo Minsk|
Chukhley 19', 65'
Dinamo Minsk won 10–1 on aggregate.
|Karpaty Lviv||3–2||KR Reykjavík|
|Report||Finnbogason 61', 65'|
Karpaty Lviv won 6–2 on aggregate.
Daniel Sobralense 88'
Kalmar FF won 2–0 on aggregate.
|UE Sant Julià||Abandoned21||MYPA|
|UE Sant Julià||0–5||MYPA|
|Report||Votinov 6', 13', 64'
MYPA won 8–0 on aggregate.
Dinamo Tbilisi won 4–2 on aggregate.
|Cramer 42'||Report||Žigon 79'|
Randers won 4–1 on aggregate.
Elfsborg won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Solari 18', 86' (pen.)
APOEL won 6–1 on aggregate.
|Lila 11'||Report||Van Wolfswinkel 3'|
Utrecht won 5–1 on aggregate.
|Bnei Yehuda||0–1||Shamrock Rovers|
Shamrock Rovers won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Orlovski 4' (o.g.)
Torje 63' (pen.)
Dinamo București won 7–1 on aggregate.
Anorthosis won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Pi. Brożek 23'
Pa. Brożek 67'
Wisła won 7–0 on aggregate.
Brøndby won 3–0 on aggregate.
|Report||Dembélé 4', 33'|
Levski Sofia won 8–0 on aggregate.
Bobô 32', 44'
Beşiktaş won 7–0 on aggregate.
1–1 on aggregate. Ruch won on away goals.
|Rapid Wien||4–2||Sūduva Marijampolė|
|Jelavić 20', 90'
Gartler 86', 89'
Rapid Wien won 6–2 on aggregate.
|Volaš 39', 80'||Report|
Maribor won 3–1 on aggregate.
Bangor City won 3–2 on aggregate.
Győri ETO won 5–0 on aggregate.
|Palazzi 28', 81'||Report||Selimović 3', 27'
Žižović 10', 55' (pen.)
Zadro 52', 65'
Zrinjski won 13–3 on aggregate.
|Dudu 46', 79'
Maresca 75', 90'
Olympiacos won 11–1 on aggregate.
|Borac Banja Luka||1–1||Lausanne-Sport|
|Vukelja 69'||Report||Roux 65'|
Lausanne-Sport won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Zayed 81', 89'||Report||Alonso 20' (pen.)
Marítimo won 6–4 on aggregate.
Cliftonville won 1–0 on aggregate.
|Brnović 64'||Report||Šolić 28'
Budućnost Podgorica won 4–2 on aggregate.
Motherwell won 2–0 on aggregate.
- Note 35: Played in Skopje at Philip II Arena as Teteks's City Stadium Tetovo did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 36: Played in Barysaw at Haradski Stadium as Torpedo Zhodino's Torpedo Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 37: Played in Nikšić at Stadion Gradski as Mogren's Stadion Mogren did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 38: Played in Novi Sad at Karađorđe Stadium as Spartak Zlatibor Voda's Subotica City Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 39: Played in Baku at Tofiq Bahramov Stadium as Qarabağ's Guzanli Olympic Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 40: Played in Jūrmala at Slokas Stadium as Jelgava's Ozolnieku Stadions did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 41: Played in Tallinn at A. Le Coq Arena as Sillamäe Kalev's Sillamäe Kalevi Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 42: Played in Chişinău at Zimbru Stadium as Dacia's Dinamo Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 43: Played in Tiraspol at Sheriff Stadium as Iskra-Stal's Orăşenesc Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 44: Played in Tirana at Qemal Stafa Stadium as KF Tirana's Selman Stërmasi stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 45: Played in Split at Stadion Poljud as Šibenik's Stadion Šubićevac did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 46: Played in Toftir at Svangaskarð as Víkingur Gøta's Serpugerði Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 47: Played in Wrexham at Racecourse Ground as Bangor City's Farrar Road Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
- Note 48: Played in Dublin at Dalymount Park as Sporting Fingal's Morton Stadium did not meet UEFA criteria.
Third qualifying roundEdit
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4|
|Group 5||Group 6||Group 7|
*Unseeded teams from the second qualifying round that qualified for the third qualifying round, effectively taking the coefficient and seeding of their second qualifying round opponents in this draw.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Dnepr Mogilev||3–1||Baník Ostrava||1–0||2–1|
|Beroe Stara Zagora||1–4||Rapid Wien||1–1||0–3|
|Red Star Belgrade||2–3||Slovan Bratislava||1–2||1–1|
|Ruch Chorzów||1–6||Austria Wien||1–3||0–3|
|Olympiacos||2–2 (a)||Maccabi Tel Aviv||2–1||0–1|
|Sturm Graz||3–1||Dinamo Tbilisi||2–0||1–1|
|Maccabi Haifa||2–3||Dinamo Minsk||1–0||1–3|
|Sibir Novosibirsk||2–2 (a)||Apollon||1–0||1–2|
|Dinamo București||3–4||Hajduk Split||3–1||0–3|
|Spartak Zlatibor Voda||2–3||Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk||2–1||0–2|
|Győri ETO||1–1 (4–3 p)||Montpellier||0–1||1–0 (aet)|