Jordan Owens (footballer)
Jordan Owens (born 9 July 1989) is a footballer from Northern Ireland who currently plays for NIFL Premiership side Crusaders as a striker. He is the club's all-time top goalscorer, having surpassed the record held by Glenn Hunter in January 2016.
|Date of birth||9 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2007–2008||Northern Ireland U19||2||(1)|
|2008–2010||Northern Ireland U21||2||(0)|
|2010||Northern Ireland U23||2||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 November 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 27 May 2011
Owens came up through the Crusaders youth system, and after impressive displays for the reserves, he made his debut towards the end of the 2007/08 season, scoring his first goal against Larne. He also scored the opening goal in a 4–1 Irish Cup semi-final victory over Institute to take the Crues into their first Irish Cup final in 29 years, and repeated the feat in 2011, scoring against Portadown in another Irish Cup semi final.
In the 2014–15 season he hit 30 goals as Crusaders finished as league champions. In January 2016 he scored against Rathfriland Rangers to break the Crusaders goalscoring record of 157, held since 1997 by Glenn Hunter. He is also the all-time top goalscorer in North Belfast derby matches with Crusaders' nearest rivals Cliftonville.
He has represented Northern Ireland at U19, U21, and U23 level, scoring for the U23s against Poland  He received a call-up to the full squad, along with team-mates Stuart Dallas and Colin Coates, for the 2011 Nations Cup games against Republic of Ireland and Wales. He made his debut against Wales, coming on in the 79th minute.
- As of match played on 11 March 2019.
|International appearances and goals|
|27 May 2011||Aviva Stadium, Dublin||Wales||2011 Nations Cup|
- "Crusaders 1st Team Squad". Archived from the original on 22 January 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Fixtures / Results / Scorers 2007/2008". Archived from the original on 12 March 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Carling Premiership". Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Crusaders 3–1 Portadown". BBC Sport. 9 April 2011.
- IRISH CUP: Jordan Owens breaks goalscoring record as Crues defeat Rathfriland Rangers News Letter, 9 January 2016
- "Jordan Owens sends out ominous statement of intent after joining 200-goal club". Belfast Live. MGN. 8 March 2018. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Northern Ireland survive scare to secure Milk Cup final date". Belfast Telegraph. Independent News and Media. 31 July 2008. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Irish FA". Archived from the original on 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- "Trio handed first call-up for NI". BBC Sport. 17 May 2011.
- "Wales 2–0 N Ireland". BBC Sport. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "J. Owens". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
|This biographical article relating to Northern Irish association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|