The Football Federation of Belarus (BFF; Belarusian: Беларуская федэрацыя футбола, romanized: Biełaruskaja Fiederacyja Futboła; Russian: Белорусская федерация футбола, romanized: Belorusskaya federatsiya futbola) is the governing body of football and futsal in Belarus. It organizes the Belarusian Premier League, Belarusian national football team and the Belarus women's national football team. It is based in Minsk.
The Belarusian Football Federation was founded in 1989. In 1992, the FIFA Federation won the right to participate in the World Cup. In 1993, she joined UEFA, which allowed the national team to participate in the European Championships, and Belarusian clubs to participate in the European Cups.
In June 2021, UEFA suspended the Belarusian Football Federation from holding any events and competitions under its auspices. The UEFA national teams and clubs will not play in UEFA tournaments, and previously scheduled UEFA Mini Football Champions League 2021 and UEFA Congress 2021 will be moved to other countries. Previously, the 2021 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, which was planned to be held in Belarus, was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
After the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, FIFA and UEFA, the European governing body for football, temporarily suspended Belarusian national and club teams from international competitions, which was later reversed, and UEFA banned Belarus from hosting international competitions.
- "Официальный сайт АБФФ". Archived from the original on 14 January 2020. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "В УЕФА сообщили об отстранении Беларуси от проведения всех мероприятий под своей эгидой – в том числе, матчей еврокубков". Eurosport. 18 June 2021. Archived from the original on 18 June 2021. Retrieved 26 June 2021.
- Егорычев Н. (18 June 2021). "Беларусь — больше не Европа! Из-за Лукашенко УЕФА принял жёсткие санкции". Чемпионат. Archived from the original on 26 June 2021. Retrieved 26 June 2021.
- "2020/21 Women's U19 EURO cancelled". УЕФА. 23 February 2021. Archived from the original on 30 April 2021. Retrieved 26 June 2021.
- Goldberg, Rob. "UEFA Bars Belarus from Hosting International Games After Invasion of Ukraine". Bleacher Report.
- [🖉"Russia, Belarus Suspended From International Soccer, Hockey Over Ukraine Attacks". Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.
- "BelaPAN. In pictures: Retired army colonel elected unopposed as new chairman of Belarusian Football Federation". en.belapan.by (in Russian). 27 March 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2021.
- Glushchenkov, Illya (2 April 2020). "Belarus football's new global following". BBC Sport. Retrieved 7 June 2021.
- ABFF DIRECTORS
- Official website
- Football Federation of Belarus on Facebook
- Belarus page at UEFA.com
- Belarus at FIFA.com