This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Anil Ambani (chairman)|
|Parent||Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group|
Reliance Entertainment (formerly known as Reliance BIG Entertainment) is a division of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group handling its media and entertainment business, across content and distribution platforms.
The key content initiatives are across movies, music, sports, gaming, Internet & mobile portals, leading to direct opportunities in delivery across the emerging digital distribution platforms: digital cinema, IPTV, DTH and mobile TV.
- Storyteller Holding Co., LLC (Amblin Partners) (investor, 20%)
- Reliance Animation (formerly BIG Animation) - (Airtight Info media)
- Big Home Entertainment - Home Video Division
- Big Music - Record Label Division
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards
- Codemasters (60.41% owned)
- Jump Games (ParadoX Studios)
- Lava Bear Films
- Riverstone Pictures
- Reliance Big Pictures - Movie Production & Distribution Division
- Reliance Broadcast Network Limited
- Big 92.7 FM - Radio Division
- Reliance Games - Mobile Games Development Studio
- Reliance Media Works Ltd
- Reliance Media Works Studio - Filmcity Mumbai
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2016)
- Reliance forayed into the largely untapped video rental market in India by launching BIGFlix.
- The company plans to launch TV Channels.
- On 15 July 2009, Reliance and Steven Spielberg announced a joint venture with funding of $825 million.
- Big 92.7 FM launched a radio station in Singapore considering 8% of the population residing there is Indian.
- On 5 April 2010, Reliance acquired a 50% stake in Codemasters.
- On 28 May 2010, the company achieved the first ever Bollywood cross-over into the Hollywood box office market with the release of Kites.
- Reliance co-produced director Steven Spielberg's film War Horse, which was released worldwide on Christmas Day in 2011. Many other projects from the director also have the company as a producer.
- In January 2012, it was announced that Reliance DreamWorks movies garnered 11 Oscar nominations.
- In November 2014, the company announced plans to begin the acquisition process of the North American and European mobile game studios of DreamWorks Studios in early 2015.
- Singh Is Kinng
- 1920 film
- 3 Idiots
- Kites (2010 film)
- Double Dhamaal
- Desi Boyz
- Don 2
- Talaash: The Answer Lies Within
- Commando: A One Man Army
- Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty
- Bobby Jasoos
- Singham Returns
- Ghayal Once Again
- Commando 2
- Naam Shabana
- Golmaal Again
- Bhavesh Joshi Superhero
- Namastey England
- "EX-99.1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2016-11-27.
- "Anil Ambani eyes video rental business". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Archived from the original on 25 January 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Anil Ambani to launch 20 TV channels". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Archived from the original on 8 July 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Anil Ambani meets Spielberg; to provide Rs 4,000 cr for films The Economic Times.
- "Anil Ambani Group launches radio station in Singapore DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Hinkle, David (2010-04-05). "Reliance Big Entertainment acquires 50% stake in Codemasters". Joystiq. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- Tuesday, 24 Jun 2008 at 1314 hrs IST (2008-06-24). "Reliance, Spielberg in talks over $2 bn movie venture". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Reliance Dreamworks movies garner 11 Oscar nominations - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Exclusive: India's Reliance Entertainment plans to acquire Western game studios in 2015. Reuters, 15 November 2014