This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Reliance Entertainment Pvt Ltd is a division of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group handling its media and entertainment business, across content and distribution platforms.
|Reliance BIG Entertainment|
|Founded||February 15, 2005|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Anil Ambani (chairman)|
Web Series & TV
|Parent||Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group|
The key content initiatives are across movies, music, sports, gaming, Internet & mobile portals, leading to direct opportunities in delivery across the emerging digital distribution platforms: digital cinema, IPTV, DTH and mobile TV.
- Storyteller Holding Co., LLC (Amblin Partners) (investor, 20%)
- Reliance Animation (formerly BIG Animation) - (Airtight Info media)
- Phantom Films (50% owned)
- Big Home Entertainment - Home Video Division
- Big Music - Record Label Division
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards
- Codemasters (29% owned)
- Jump Games (ParadoX Studios)
- Lava Bear Films
- Riverstone Pictures
- Reliance Big Pictures - Movie Production & Distribution Division
- Reliance Broadcast Network Limited
- Big 92.7 FM - Radio Division
- Reliance Games - Mobile Games Development Studio
- Reliance Media Works Ltd
- Reliance Media Works Studio - Filmcity Mumbai
- Window Seat Films
- Digital Domain
- Reliance forayed into the largely untapped video rental market in India by launching BIGFlix.
- The company plans to launch TV Channels.
- On 15 July 2009, Reliance and Steven Spielberg announced a joint venture with funding of $825 million.
- Big 92.7 FM launched a radio station in Singapore considering 8% of the population residing there is Indian.
- On 5 April 2010, Reliance acquired a 50% stake in Codemasters.
- On 28 May 2010, the company achieved the first ever Bollywood cross-over into the Hollywood box office market with the release of Kites.
- Reliance co-produced director Steven Spielberg's film War Horse, which was released worldwide on Christmas Day in 2011. Many other projects from the director also have the company as a producer.
- In January 2012, it was announced that Reliance DreamWorks movies garnered 11 Oscar nominations.
- In November 2014, the company announced plans to begin the acquisition process of the North American and European mobile game studios of DreamWorks Studios in early 2015.
|1||2009||Shob Charitro Kalponik||Prosenjit Chatterjee, Bipasha Basu, Paoli Dam||Period Drama Film|
|2||2010||Abohomaan||Jisshu Sengupta, Riya Sen||Family Relation Drama Film|
|3||2013||Ganesh Talkies||Biswajit Chakraborty, Raima Sen||Family Drama Film|
|4||Deewana||Jeet, Srabanti Chatterjee||Remake Of Deepavali|
|5||Boss: Born to Rule||Jeet, Subhashree Ganguly||Remake Of Businessman|
|6||2014||Chotushkone||Parambrata Chatterjee, Payel Sarkar||Thriller Film|
|7||Game: He Plays To Win||Jeet, Subhashree Ganguly||Remake Of Thuppakki|
|8||Buno Haansh||Dev, Srabanti Chatterjee, Tanusree Chakraborty||Based On Buno Haansh (Novel)|
|9||Bachchan||Jeet, Aindrita Ray, Payel Sarkar||Remake Of Vishnuvardhana|
|10||Jaatishwar||Prosenjit Chatterjee, Swastika Mukherjee||Musical Drama Film|
|11||2015||Ebar Shabor||Saswata Chatterjee, Swastika Mukherjee||Based On The Detective Story "Rin"|
|12||2016||Abhimaan||Jeet, Subhashree Ganguly, Sayantika Banerjee||Remake Of Attarintiki Daredi|
|1||2012||Ajj De Ranjhe||Aman Dhaliwal, Gurleen Chopra||Drama Film|
|1||2009||Yavarum Nalam||R. Madhavan, Neetu Chandra||Psychological Horror Film|
|2||2010||Singam||Suriya, Anushka Shetty||Action Film|
|3||2011||Yuvan Yuvathi||Bharath, Rima Kallingal||Romantic Film|
|4||Osthe||Silambarasan, Richa Gangopadhyay||Remake Of Dabangg|
|5||2012||Naan Ee||Sudeep, Samantha Akkineni, Nani||Fantasy Action Film|
|6||2013||David||Vikram, Jiiva, Isha Sharvani||Drama Film; bilingual film|
|7||2016||Irudhi Suttru||R. Madhavan, Ritika Singh||Sports Action-Drama Film|
|8||2019||Dev||Karthi, Rakul Preet Singh||Based On Road Adventure|
|9||NGK||Suriya, Rakul Preet Singh||Political Action Film|
|10||Game Over||Taapsee Pannu||Psychological Thriller Film|
|1||2009||Saleem||Vishnu Manchu, Ileana D'Cruz||Drama Film|
|2||2010||Darling||Prabhas, Kajal Aggarwal||Romantic Comedy Family Drama Film|
|3||2011||Money Money, More Money||Brahmanandam||Comedy Drama Film|
|4||2012||Devudu Chesina Manushulu||Ravi Teja, Ileana D'Cruz||Fantasy-Action Comedy|
|5||Adhinayakudu||Nandamuri Balakrishna, Raai Laxmi||Telugu Action Drama Film|
|6||Eega||Nani, Samantha Akkineni, Sudeep||Fantasy Action Film, bilingual film|
|7||2013||Attarintiki Daredi||Pawan Kalyan, Samantha Akkineni, Pranitha Subhash||Comedy Drama Film|
|8||Toofan||Ram Charan, Priyanka Chopra||Remake of Zanjeer; bilingual|
|9||Sahasam||Gopichand, Taapsee Pannu|
|10||2014||Manam||Akkineni Nagarjuna, ANR, Naga Chaitanya, Samantha Akkineni, Shriya Saran||Fantasy-Drama Film|
|11||2016||Nannaku Prematho||N. T. Rama Rao Jr., Rakul Preet Singh||Action Thriller Film|
|12||2019||Game Over||Taapsee Pannu||Psychological Thriller Film|
|1||2010||Ijjodu||Aniruddha Jatkar, Meera Jasmine||Drama Film|
|2||2015||Rana Vikrama||Puneeth Rajkumar, Anjali, Adah Sharma||Action Thriller Film|
|1||2010||Kutty Srank||Mammootty, Kamalinee Mukherjee||Drama Film|
Web series and TVEdit
One of its subsidiaries, Phantom Films run by the likes of Vikramaditya Motwane and Anurag Kashyap is actively contributing in web series. They were one of the producers of the Netflix show, Sacred Games. Two more web series is being developed currently for Amazon, by them. Stardust and Vish Puri, former being directed by Motwane himself and the later will be helmed by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwary.
- "EX-99.1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "Anil Ambani group co raises ₹1,700 cr in London listing". Business Line. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Anil Ambani eyes video rental business". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Archived from the original on 25 January 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Anil Ambani to launch 20 TV channels". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Archived from the original on 8 July 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Anil Ambani meets Spielberg; to provide Rs 4,000 cr for films The Economic Times.
- "Anil Ambani Group launches radio station in Singapore DNA". Dnaindia.com. 24 June 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Hinkle, David (5 April 2010). "Reliance Big Entertainment acquires 50% stake in Codemasters". Joystiq. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- Tuesday, 24 Jun 2008 at 1314 hrs IST (24 June 2008). "Reliance, Spielberg in talks over $2 bn movie venture". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Reliance Dreamworks movies garner 11 Oscar nominations - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Exclusive: India's Reliance Entertainment plans to acquire Western game studios in 2015. Reuters, 15 November 2014
- Fleming, Mike (10 May 2010). "Reliance Big's 'Judge Dredd' Deal Makes Scifi Film a Hot Cannes Pre-Sale Title". Deadline Hollywood. PMC. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Judge Dredd to Start Filming This Fall". comingsoon.net. CraveOnline. 10 May 2010. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Prabhakar, Binoy (19 January 2013). "Anil Ambani's Reliance Entertainment hits Oscar jackpot with Lincoln". The Economic Times. Retrieved 3 April 2019.
- Lodderhose, Diana (1 November 2010). "Reliance Big Entertainment, BBC pact on pic trio". Variety.