Manjot Singh (born 7 July 1992) is an Indian Bollywood actor, best known for his role in films like Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Student Of The Year and Fukrey. He won Filmfare Critics Award for the Best Debut Actor category for his performance in Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!. He completed his schooling from Hillwoods Academy.
7 July 1992 (age 28)
Early life and educationEdit
He went to audition for Dibakar Banerjee's Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, though Singh had never acted before, even in school plays. After the audition, the casting director rejected Singh for the role of the boy who grows up to be master thief Lucky. However, Dibakar Banerjee insisted on casting him, later saying "Even though the casting director wasn't convinced, I just put my foot down."
After being selected, Singh went to Manali for a week-long acting workshop. He was asked to observe the way Abhay Deol walked, smiled and talked so that he could imitate that in his acting. He even wore a cheek pad so that his jaw would look as broad as Abhay Deol's. Supernova's performance was well appreciated by the critics and he received the Filmfare Critics Award for the Best Actor category. Later, Manjot participated in the reality show Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 3 in 2010.
In 2012, Singh starred in Udaan, directed by Vikramaditya Motwane. The film received positive reviews, but was a box office failure. Later in 2012, Singh signed up for Punjabi musical drama Pure Punjabi, directed by Munish Sharma, about four close friends in Punjab who had a strong passion for music. In the same year, he played the character role of Dimpy in Karan Johar's coming-of-age romantic comedy film, Student of the Year, starring Siddharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan in the lead roles.
|2008||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!||Young Lovinder 'Lucky' Singh||Won Filmfare Critics Award|
|2012||Pure Punjabi||Param||Punjabi Film|
|Student Of The Year||Dimpy|
|What the Fish||Pummy Singh Cameo|
|2014||Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya||Cameo|
|2016||Snafu||Sunny Singh||Post Production|
|Azhar||Navjot Singh Sidhu|
|2017||Jab Harry Met Sejal||Sartaj||Deleted Scene|
|The Zero Line|
|2019||Student of the Year 2||Commentator Dimpy|
|2019||Penalty||Ishwerjot Singh Dhillon|
|2019||Dream Girl||Smiley Singh|
|2010||Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 3||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2018||What's Your Status||Baljinder Singh||Ultra Shorts|||
|College Romance||Trippy||The Timeliners|||
|2019||Made in Heaven - Episode 2 (Web Series)||Joginder Sethi||Amazon Prime|
Critics on Manjot in his debutEdit
- Planet Bollywood: "Young Lucky (played marvellously by Manjot Singh)..." 
- Rediff.com: "...young Lucky (brilliantly played by Manjot Singh)..."
- Reviewer Noyon Jyoti Parasara: "...Special mention is deserved by Manjot Singh, who plays the younger Lucky." 
- Khalid Mohammad: "And there's Lucky, as a callow teenager (excellently played by Manjot Singh)..." 
- Oye Lucky Indian Express, 22 February 2009.
- "Web series a great opportunity in showbiz: Manjot Singh". Business Standard.
- "College Romance - The Timeliners". The Viral Fever.
- Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! - movie review by Amodini Sharma - Planet Bollywood
- Review: Oye Lucky Lucky Oye
-  Archived 16 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- [dead link]