This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Business Standard is one of the largest Indian English-language daily edition newspaper published by Business Standard Ltd (BSL) in two languages, English and Hindi. Founded in 1975, the newspaper primarily covers the Indian economy India and international business, and financial news and issues.
|Owner(s)||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Publisher||Business Standard Ltd|
|Founded||26 March 1975|
4, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi 110002
The main English-language edition comes from 12 regional centers, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Pune, Lucknow, Bhuvaneswar, and Kochi—and reaches readers in over 1,000 towns and cities across India.
The paper had remained for years, India's second largest business daily in terms of circulation, until in 2017 when its ranking sank. It is currently adjudged by the Indian Readership Survey to be the third largest selling financial news daily (by Total Readership of 505,000) and the fourth largest (by average issue readership of 107,000). 
Noted financial editor T. N. Ninan was the Editor from 1993 to 2009, when he took up the editorship of The Economic Times. In January 2010, Ninan became chairman and editorial director of BSL and was succeeded as editor of Business Standard by Dr Sanjaya Baru. Baru was the media advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Veteran journalist and editor Ashok K Bhattacharya took charge of the paper after Baru quit to join a UK based think tank in 2011.
More than 200 business journalists are currently employed with the publication. The current Editor is Shyamal Majumdar.
Regular contributors to the paper include:
- Bimal Jalan, former governor of the Reserve Bank of India
- Subir Gokarn former Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India
- Shankar Acharya, former Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India
- Deepak Lal, professor of economics, UCLA
- Suman Bery, director-general, National Council of Applied Economic Research
- Abheek Barua, chief economist of HDFC Bank
- Nitin Desai, former chief economic advisor and former under-secretary general at the United Nations
- Surjit Bhalla, chairman of OXUS
- Arvind Subramanian, Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India (2015-2018) professor at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
- M. Govinda Rao, director of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
- AV Rajwade, foreign exchange consultant
- Arvind Singhal, chairman, Technopak Advisors.
- Staff, Edit (4 August 2009). "Corrected: Business Standard Owner Uday Kotak Held Meetings With Potential Buyers". gigaom.com. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Business Standard. "About Us - Brand - Business Standard".
- "The Economic Times is number 4 among English newspapers: IRS 2017".
- "AK Bhattacharya replaces Sanjaya Baru as Editor of BS".
- Business Standard. "Author - Shyamal Majumdar - Business Standard - Page 1".