This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Samrat in 2012
|Born||29 December 1985|
(m. 2014; div. 2015)
Pulkit Samrat was born and brought up in a Punjabi family in Punjab, where his family has its real estate business. He studied at Manav Sthali School, and completed his schooling from Montfort Senior Secondary School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi and joined an advertising course at Apeejay Institute of Design, Delhi. However, after studying for five months, he received a modelling assignment. Thereafter he quit his studies and shifted to Mumbai, where he joined an acting course run by Kishore Namit Kapoor.
Pulkit shifted to Mumbai in 2005, and made his television debut in the role of Lakshya Virani in the long-running television show, by Balaji Telefilms, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi in 2006, which got his first recognition, though he quit the show in 2007.
Debut in films (2012–2014)Edit
Film career (2012–present)Edit
His performance in "Bittoo Boss" (2012) led to his second film Fukrey, produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. The film was released in June 2013 to good reviews, and later became a sleeper hit. In 2014, he appeared in a cameo role in Jai Ho as a police inspector. Then he played the lead in O Teri, produced by Atul Agnihotri, opposite Bilal Amrohi and Sarah Jane Dias. In 2015, his first film was Arbaaz Khan's Dolly Ki Doli opposite Sonam Kapoor and Rajkumar Rao. In 2016, Samrat starred in Divya Khosla Kumar's Sanam Re opposite Yami Gautam. The film was a hit. In the same year, he again paired with Yami Gautam for Junooniyat. The film was a Box office bomb. In 2017, he came back with the second installment of Fukrey titled Fukrey Returns. The film was a box office success. In 2018, Samrat was seen in Veerey Ki Wedding & 3 Storeys and also be seen in Paltan. He has also been signed on for Vicky Bhari's Ticket To Bollywood opposite Amyra Dastur.
He married his long-time girlfriend Shweta Rohira on 3 November 2014. Rohira is also "rakhi-sister" to actor Salman Khan. Khan was even involved in the promotion of Samrat's debut film. The couple separated in November 2015.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2012||Bittoo Boss||Bittoo Boss|
|2013||Fukrey||Hunny (Vikas Gulati)|
|2014||Jai Ho||Inspector Abhay Rajput|
|O Teri||Prantabh Pratab (P.P)|
|2015||Dolly Ki Doli||Robin Singh|
|Bangistan||Praveen Chaturvedi / Allahrakha Khan|
|Junooniyat||Captain Jahan Bakshi|
|2018||Veerey Ki Wedding||Veer|
|3 Storeys||Vilas Naik|
- "Salman bhai is my brother-in-law: Pulkit Samrat". The Times Of India. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Look who's on the big screen!". The Hindu. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Pulkit Samrat, Prachi Desa: TV actors finally crossover into Bollywood". CNN-IBN. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "I had got bored of my character in TV: Pulkit Samrat". The Times Of India. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "What the heck, Pulkit?". The Times Of India. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Bittoo Boss: Movie Review". The Times Of India. 13 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Fukrey Emerges A HIT". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 26 June 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- Priya Gupta (8 March 2014). "Pulkit Samrat with Sonam Kapoor in Dolly Ki Doli". Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Pulkit Samrat and Yami Gautam in Junooniyat". Bollywood Hungama News Network. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Ankur Pathak (11 April 2014). "Pulkit Samrat and Aditi Rao Hydari in 'Ticket To Bollywood'". Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Sarkar, Prarthna (4 November 2014). "Entertainment Celebrity 'Fukrey' Actor Pulkit Samrat Weds Salman Khan's Sister Shweta Rohira".
- Subhash K Jha (19 April 2012). "Why Salman is promoting Bitto Boss' Pulkit Samrat". Rediff.com Movies. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Pulkit Samrat feeling blessed to get Salman's support". Indian Express. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Pulkit Samrat separates from wife Shweta Rohira"