Eros International Media Ltd is an Indian motion picture production and distribution company, based in Mumbai. Founded by Arjan Lulla in 1977, it is considered one of the leading production and distribution companies in India. Currently, his sons Mr. Kishore Lulla and Mr. Sunil Lulla are managing the company.
Eros International Current Logo
|Public Limited Company|
|Industry||Media & Entertainment|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Founder||Mr. Arjan Lulla|
|Mr. Kishore Lulla and Mr. Sunil Lulla|
|Services||Film prduction, co-production, acquisition and distribution|
|Parent||Eros International plc|
Eros co-produces, acquires and distributes Indian language films in multiple formats worldwide, including theatrical, television syndication and digital platforms.
The group distribution network includes over 50 countries, with films dubbed in over 25 languages and has offices in India, UK, United States, Dubai, Australia, Fiji and the Isle of Man. Eros has over 2,000 films in its library which include Hindi, Tamil and other regional language films.
In 2006, Eros International plc, the holding company of the Eros Group, became the first Indian media company to list on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange. Subsequently, the company delisted from AIM in November 2013 to list on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:EROS).
In 2008, Eros International made a deal with Universal Music Group to make a joint-venture to promote pop music to India. The agreement was announced by Kishore Lulla and Max Hole, President of Universal Music Asia Pacific Region and Executive Vice President, Universal Music Group International (UMGI) on 10th December though the joint venture was officiated with a contractual signing on November 18. Rajat Kakar, Managing Director of Universal Music India was appointed as the chairperson and Sunil Lulla and Jyoti Deshpande, COO of Eros International Group, are on the Board of Directors.
Films produced and distributed by Eros InternationalEdit
Film music and soundtrack produced by Eros MusicEdit
- "Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion List". Forbes. 17 July 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Kishore Lulla Brings Light to Bollywood". Forbes. May 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Company History - Eros International Media Ltd". The Economic Times. Times Group. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Kauffman, Seth. "Bollywood Thrills - Eros International Plots its Path to the Stars". NYSE. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Eros International Plc". London Stock Exchange. 18 September 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Universal Music and Eros International announce joint-venture to globally promote Indian pop talent". UMG. 10 December 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2018.