Sooper Se Ooper
Sooper Se Ooper (transl. Above super) is a 2013 Hindi film written & directed by Shekhar Ghosh, cinematography by Mohana Krishna under the banner of Reliance Entertainment and Jigsaw Pictures Pvt. Ltd. The trailer of this movie was released on 27 September and the movie on 25 October 2013. The movie was a total washout.
|Sooper Se Ooper|
|Directed by||Shekhar Ghosh|
|Written by||Shekhar Ghosh|
Ranvir's fortune is in dumps and selling his ancestral land in Mumbai is the only way to survive. Kukreja, who has put everything at stake, has to get this land to stay away from the wrath of a 'bhai' and also achieve his dream of becoming a builder eventually! For both Ranvir & Kukreja, this plot of land means everything and has to be got any which way. But the key to the land is Ranvir's mama Madho Singh Rathore, in Mandawa, Jhunjhunu. Since the will wasn't made in Ranvir's name, Mama has to give the NOC. Ranvir has to get his Mama to Mumbai within a month & Kukreja has to stop him from reaching Mumbai. We see the transformation of our protagonist Ranvir from a materialistic city youth to someone who is all for family & values & antagonist Kukreja from a 'dalla' to a gangster through this journey, which has some real & funny characters as well. In the 1st half the city goes to a village and in the 2nd the village comes to the city.
Vir Das was spotted in Jaipur, Rajasthan shooting for Sooper Se Ooper. After shooting in Mandawa, a small town near Jaipur for ten days, the cast and crew went to Jaipur to shoot at the airport. The scenes were shot in [Mandawa had actors Deepak Dobriyal & Gulshan Grover along with Kirti Kulhari, Yashpal Sharma. But the airport scene shot in Jaipur only had Vir Das. Das will be seen in two different avatars in the film – one in jeans-shirt, and the other sporting a dhoti and a pagadi with moustache. While shooting in Mandawa, Das had to sit on top of the camel for most of the scenes.
Kirti Kulhari will be portraying the role of a Rajasthani girl, Gulabo, the queen of Kalbeliya. She also had to sit atop camel carts. She will be seen wearing salwar-kameez and lehenga-choli in the movie.
Sooper Se Ooper stars Gulshan Grover as a don. Grover plays a London-based don who returns to his home town in Rajasthan where Deepak Dobriyal and Yashpal Sharma join as his accomplices. Das's love interest is Grover's daughter.
|Sooper Se Ooper|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||15 October 2013|
|Producer||Sonu Nigam – Vickram Ghosh|
|Sonu Nigam – Vickram Ghosh chronology|
The music of the film was composed by the first time composer, singer Sonu Nigam and tabla player/percussionist Bickram Ghosh. The composer duo has also teamed up for two other film projects.
Sonu Nigam and Bickram Ghosh] have composed six songs for the film and made a very interesting and fresh album.
|1.||"Gunn Gunn Gutarr"||Sanjeev Tiwari||Amabarish Das, Parwati Kumari||5:23|
|2.||"Behka Behka"||Sanjeev Tiwari||Ash King, Teesha Nigam||5:00|
|3.||"Bajan De Dhol"||Sanjeev Tiwari||Mika Singh, Sowmya Raoh||4:18|
|4.||"Whacky Zindabad"||Sanjeev Tiwari||Anish, Oushnik Majumdar, Nevaan Nigam, Saloni, Rohini||5:08|
|5.||"Intaducing Gul"||Shabbir Ahmed, Sonu Nigam||Gunjan Singh||5:33|
|6.||"Sapna Mera"||Shabbir Ahmed||Sonu Nigam||4:20|
- "Vir Das starrer Sooper Se Ooper goes on floors". The Times of India. 12 March 2012. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Trailer of Bollywood Movie Sooper Se Ooper Released". Retrieved 27 September 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Vir Das and Deepak Dobriyal shoots in Jaipur". The Times of India. 2 April 2012. Archived from the original on 16 July 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kulkarni, Onkar (22 June 2012). "Vir Das, a media person in Sooper Se Ooper". The Indian Express. Retrieved 17 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kirti Kulhari to play Gulabo". The Times of India. 19 June 2012. Archived from the original on 29 July 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "iTunes – Music – Sooper Se Ooper (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Sonu Nigam & Bickram Ghosh". Itunes.apple.com. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sonu Nigam, Bickram Ghosh team up". The Times of India. 14 March 2012. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sonu and Bickram teamed for two projects". Avstv. 14 March 2012. Archived from the original on 14 October 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Bickram Ghosh : 'I enjoy working on film music, it throws up new challenges'". Radio And Music. 21 September 2012. Retrieved 20 June 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)