Kirti Kulhari is an Indian actress and model who appears in Bollywood films. After post-graduating with a degree in journalism and mass communication, Kulhari made her acting debut in an Odia film Dharini in 2002. Her first Bollywood appearance was in Khichdi: The Movie in 2010, followed by a role in Shaitaan in 2011. She then appeared in successful films including Pink (2016), Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019) and Mission Mangal (2019). The later two rank among the highest-grossing Bollywood films..
Kulhari in 2014
Early life and backgroundEdit
Kulhari started her career with theatre and TV commercials. She did a one-month acting workshop in a Hindi theatre group called Yatri. She worked on three plays after that – Chinta Chod Chintamani with Yatri group, Shehenshah of Azeemo with AK Various productions and a Hindi adaptation of Sakharaam Binder with Yatri group. Kulhari was the face of many television commercials – Lotus Mutual Funds, Travel Guru, Videocon Air Conditioners, Parachute Gorgeous Hamesha Campaign, ICICI Bank, Kaya Skin Clinic, Taj Mahal Tea (along with Indian actor Saif Ali Khan), Everyuth Face Wash, Whirlpool Refrigerators (along with Indian actors Ajay Devgn and Kajol), Spice Mobile, Virgin Mobiles (along with Indian actor Ranbir Kapoor), Close-up, JK White Cement and Tic Tac mouth freshener. Kulhari was the face of beauty brand Nivea Visage Sparkling Glow's face for a duration of 2 years. Kulhari was also a part of music videos – Hik vich jaan in Desi Rockstar 2 album by Gippy Grewal, Junoon by singer Abhijit Saawant and Mitran Di Chatri.
In 2013, she was seen in Sooper Se Ooper which fared poorly at the box office.
Mainstream success (2016—present)Edit
In 2016, she was seen in Pink with Tapsee Pannu and Amitabh Bacchan in which she got praised for her performance. The film was both commercially and critically successful. In 2017, she appeared in the title role of Indu in Madhur Bhandarkar's political thriller film Indu Sarkar. In 2018, she starred in Blackmail with Irrfan Khan.
In 2019, she appeared in the role of an Indian Air Force officer Seerat Kaur in the commercially and critically successful military action film Uri: The Surgical Strike. The same year, she also appeared in the web television series Four More Shots Please! on Amazon Prime Video. She has acted in Mission Mangal, a film based on India's Mars Orbiter Mission, which was released on 15 August 2019.
|2020||The Girl on the Train||Aaliya Shergill|
|2019||Mission Mangal||Neha Siddiqui|
|Uri: The Surgical Strike||Flight lieutenant Seerat Kaur|
|San' 75 Pachattar|
|2017||Indu Sarkar||Indu Sarkar|
|2013||Sooper Se Ooper||Gulabo (Gul)|
|Rise of the Zombie||Vinny|
|2010||Khichdi: The Movie||Parminder|
|2019||Four More Shots Please!||Anjana Menon|
|Bard of Blood||Jannat|
- "Eyes are the most important". Hindustan Times. 2 August 2012. Archived from the original on 5 August 2012.
- "Indu Sarkar first poster: Kirti Kulhari dons an intense look for the film on Emergency". Hindustan Times. 5 June 2017. Archived from the original on 12 March 2018. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- "Coming Soon: Aapno Zombie". DNA. 12 July 2012. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.
- "Khichdi was fun: Kirti Kulhari". The Times of India. 5 October 2010.
- "Shaitan is not my first film: Kirti Kulhari". The Times of India. 9 June 2011.
- Srivastava, Soumya (25 January 2019). "Four More Shots Please review: Amazon's 'sex' comedy hurts at first but gets better with time". Hindustan Times.
- IANS (15 March 2019). "Kirti Kulhari plays a Baluchi girl in Netflix's Bard of Blood". India Today. Retrieved 9 July 2019.