Rima Kallingal is an Indian film actress, who mainly appears in Malayalam films. She has also appeared in Tamil and Hindi films. She was first runner-up in the Miss Kerala beauty pageant in 2008. Kallingal made her Malayalam film debut with Ritu (2009). She has also received numerous accolades, including a Filmfare Award.
|Born||1984 (age 36–37)|
|Alma mater||Christ University|
|Years active||2009 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Aashiq Abu (2013–present)|
Born in 1984 in Thrissur, Kerala, Rima Kallingal began practising dancing when she was three years old. A dancer by profession, she has been a part of a dance company called Nritarutya and has had performances on national and international stages. She studied in Stanes Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Coonoor up to Fifth grade. She completed her schooling from Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Thrissur, graduating in 2001. She holds a bachelor's degree in journalism from Christ University, Bengaluru. She is also skilled in Taekwondo (Korean martial art), Chao (Manipuri martial art) and Kalari.
She was a semi-finalist of the Asianet reality show Vodafone Thakadhimi. She moved to Bengaluru to pursue a modelling career and later participated in the Miss Kerala beauty pageant, in which be she became the first runner-up, losing to Shree Thulasi in a tie-breaker.
She was spotted by director Lal Jose on a magazine cover, who cast her for a goat herder role in a Tamil film Mazhai Varappoguthu. The project didn't materialise, but she was offered the lead female character of Varsha by director Shyamaprasad for Ritu, which eventually marked her acting debut. She was 25 when she acted in the film.
In 2012, she acted in the film 22 Female Kottayam which became a big success, commercially as well as critically. She received praises and won many awards for her portrayal of Tessa. She also won the Kerala State Government award for Best Actress. After 22 Female Kottayam she told that she had made some mistakes in her career and stated "Yes, I have done a few films I never should have, but I am determined not to repeat those mistakes".
In 2014 she set up her own Dance institute Mamangam in Kochi, Kerala.
Rima married director Aashiq Abu on 1 November 2013, in a simple ceremony held in Kakkanad Registration office, Kochi. As part of the occasion, they donated Rs 1 million towards the welfare of poor cancer patients at the General Hospital, Ernakulam, and Rs 25,000 to meet a day's expense of the dietary kitchen at the hospital.
|2009||Ritu||Varsha John||Malayalam||Debut film|
|Kerala Cafe||Grand daughter||Segment : Mrityunjayam|
|Best of Luck||Diya|
|2011||City of God||Surya Prabha|
|Shankaranum Mohananum||Jyotsna Mathew||Malayalam|
|2012||Orkut Oru Ormakoot||Crystal Falth Ritz|
|22 Female Kottayam||Tessa Kurissuparambil Abraham|
|Husbands in Goa||Tina|
|Ayalum Njanum Thammil||Diya|
|2013||Kammath & Kammath||Mahalakshmi|
|Natholi Oru Cheriya Meenalla||Annie|
|Escape from Uganda||Shikha Samuel|
|Ezhu Sundara Rathrikal||Sini Alex|
|2017||Kaadu Pookkunna Neram||Maoist|
|2019||Virus||Nurse Akhila||also producer|
|2020||Sunny Side Upar||Dr.Kavya Menon||Hindi|
|2021||Santhoshinte Onnaam Rahasyam||Maria||Malayalam||also dialogue writer|
|2014||Gangster||Aashiq Abu||Malayalam||Associate producer|
|2016||Maheshinte Prathikaaram||Dileesh Pothan||Associate producer|
|2017||Mayanadi||Aashiq Abu||Associate producer|
|2018||Ee.Ma.Yau||Lijo Jose Pellissery||Associate producer|
|2019||Virus||Aashiq Abu||Co-produced with Aashiq Abu|
|2021||Naradan||Aashiq Abu||Co-produces with Santhosh T. Kuruvilla and Aashiq Abu|
|Hagar||Harshad||Co-produces with Aashiq Abu|
|Party||Vinayakan||Co-produces with Aashiq Abu|
|Bheemante Vazhi||Ashraf Hamza||Co-produces with Chemban Vinod Jose and Aashiq Abu|
- Arabian Jewellers
- A Geeripai Jewellery
- UNICEF India
- Geepas Customer Care
|2013||Midukki||Host||Mazhavil Manorama||reality show|
|2009||Vodafone Thakadhimi||contestant||Asianet||Dance reality show|
- Keerthy Ramachandran DC (20 October 2011). "Rima Kallingal: A bold and new face | Deccan Chronicle". Archived from the original on 19 October 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "You've got to react girl! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Playing by their own rules | Society". Times Crest. 20 July 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Manorama Online | Picture Gallery | Campus | Rima Kallingal". Manoramanews.com. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Rima Kallingal strikes a pose". www.sify.com/.
- "Exclusive: Lal Jose's Tamil debut". rediff.com. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- P.K. Ajith Kumar (7 May 2012). "22 Female Kottayam's success has Rima on cloud nine". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- Shiba Kurian, TNN 17 August 2012, 02.10PM IST (17 August 2012). "A proud moment for '22 Female Kottayam' crew". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "'I feel totally excited about 22 Female Kottayam'". Rediff.com. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Kochi Times Film Awards '13- The Times of India Photogallery". Photogallery.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- Sajini Sahadevan (8 November 2012). "Quest for the smartest woman". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "And now, Rima is banned – Malayalam Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 16 March 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "KFC lifts ban on Rima". filmibeat.com. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "News18.com: CNN-News18 Breaking News India, Latest News Headlines, Live News Updates". News18. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Rima Kallingal marries director Aashiq Abu". www.deccanherald.com. 1 November 2013.
- "Pictures: Aashiq Abu-Rima Kallingal Enter Wedlock". www.filmibeat.com. 4 November 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Rima Kallingal and Aashiq Abu tie the knot – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "റീമ കല്ലിങ്കൽ". M3DB.COM.
- "List of Malayalam Movies produced by Rima Kallingal". www.malayalachalachithram.com.