Deadline.com(Redirected from Deadline Hollywood)
Deadline.com, official name Deadline Hollywood, and previously known as news blog Deadline Hollywood Daily, is an online magazine founded by Nikki Finke in 2006. Owned by Jay Penske since 2009, it is a brand of the Penske Media Corporation.
Type of site
|Film and infotainment news|
|Owner||Penske Media Corporation|
|Alexa rank||2145 (January 2018[update])|
|Launched||September 4, 2009|
Finke began writing her LA Weekly column Deadline Hollywood in June 2002, and began the Deadline Hollywood Daily (DHD) blog in March 2006 as an online version of her column. In 2009, she sold DHD to Mail.com Media for a reported "seven-figure payday", under an agreement by which she would hire an additional writer but remain the site's editor.
In September 2009, the URL was changed to deadline.com and the site's name to Deadline Hollywood, with additional cities planned, including New York and London. In November 2013, Finke left Deadline after a year-long disagreement between herself and Penske, who had bought Variety, a competing trade magazine and website.
In 2010, Nikki Finke hired Variety reporter Mike Fleming Jr. (now "Co-Editor-in-Chief, Film") to edit the new Deadline New York expansion, Financial Times editor Tim Adler to lead Deadline London, and Nellie Andreeva, veteran editor for The Hollywood Reporter, to helm the site's television coverage (now "Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV"). Finke remained the editor of Deadline Hollywood.
- "Deadline.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- "About Us - Deadline.com"
- Finke, Nikki (May 11, 2016). "Deadline Turns 10 And Celebrates Disruptors: Nikki Finke Looks Back". Deadline Hollywood.
- Fritz, Ben (June 24, 2009). "Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily is sold to Mail.com". Los Angeles Times.
- Haber, Matt (September 4, 2009). "FIXEDJA! Nikki Finke's Deadline Sleeker, Less Daily". Portfolio.com. Archived from the original on March 18, 2012.
- Kaufman, Leslie (November 6, 2013). "Nikki Finke Leaves Deadline Hollywood". The New York Times. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Young, Pandora (January 11, 2010). "Nikki Finke Hires Mike Fleming Away From Variety". Fishbowl LA. Archived from the original on January 14, 2010.
- Ernst, Amanda (January 11, 2010). "Nikki Fine Hires Variety Vet To Helm Deadline New York". Fishbowl N.Y. Archived from the original on January 15, 2010.
- Reagan, Gillian (March 29, 2010). "Nikki Finke Poaches Hollywood Reporter's TV Editor Nellie Andreeva". Business Insider.