This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gupta on Lakme Fashion Week 2017
28 November 1985|
New Delhi, India
|Title||Femina Miss India International 2007|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Femina Miss India 2007|
Miss International 2007
Gupta entered the Femina Miss India contest in 2007, where she placed third and won the Miss India International title, and later represented India at Miss International pageant. She soon received offers for film roles, and made her acting debut in the 2012 moderately successful crime thriller Jannat 2, that fetched her a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Gupta received praise for her portrayal in the political drama Chakravyuh (2012), but her performance in the comedy film Humshakals (2014) met with negative reviews. She had her biggest commercial successes with starring roles in the horror film Raaz 3D (2012), the suspense thriller Rustom (2016) and heist action Baadshaho (2017).
Gupta was born in Delhi. Her father is a retired Air Force Officer and her mother is a homemaker. She has a sister named Neha. She has completed Mass Communication from School of Communication Manipal, Manipal University, Manipal prior to auditioning for Femina Miss India, and got a law scholarship at Newcastle University, but she pursued a career in Bollywood instead.
Gupta participated in Femina Miss India in 2007, where she won Miss Photogenic and came 3rd to go on to compete in Miss India International. She featured in the Kingfisher Calendar in 2010.
Gupta made her Bollywood debut with Mahesh Bhatt's Jannat 2 opposite Emraan Hashmi in the lead role.  For her debut performance, Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama said, "Debutante Esha Gupta enchants you with her captivating charm. She appears a tad unrefined at places, nonetheless she handles her part assertively." Martin D'Souza of Glam Sham wrote, "As for the debutante, Esha Gupta, I guess she may have to enroll herself into an acting school." Gaurav Malani stated, "Esha Gupta, who looks a mix between Lara Dutta and Isha Koppikar, is merely there for the glam quotient." Asha Mahadevan of Bollywoodlife said, "Even Esha Gupta manages to cry somewhat convincingly but then there is hardly anything for her to do. Her role is limited to looking sexy and she does it well." The film was a success at the box office, earning ₹430 million (US$6.0 million) domestically and thus brought in more recognition for Gupta. Later, Gupta signed Vikram Bhatt's Raaz 3D alongside her Jannat 2 co-star, Emraan Hashmi and Bipasha Basu, Gupta received mixed reviews from critics for her acting prowess, film critic Taran Adarsh commented, "Esha Gupta appears awkward and self-conscious in the initial portions, but holds a few sequences graciously in the subsequent hour. I'd like to single out a scene when she has delusions of cockroaches attacking her. Her act in that particular scene is super". Film critic Komal Nahta noted, "Esha Gupta is stiff as Sanjana but does much better towards the end (when she almost goes berserk)". India Today wrote, "Both Bipasha and Esha get liberal scope to show off booty. A Bhatt film where the heroines don't get to flaunt it is unimaginable, after all, Bipasha looks hot in her starring role but Esha reveals a few raw edges". 'Raaz 3' performed well at box office within first three days of its release with collections in the vicinity of 360 million.
In 2014, Esha was seen in Sajid Khan's Comic Caper Humshakals alongside Saif Ali Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor, Bipasha Basu and Tamannaah. Box Office India declared it a "disaster". She was ranked at 8th position for Times '50 most desirable Women of 2013.
|Denotes productions that have not yet been released|
|2012||Jannat 2||Dr. Jhanvi Singh Tomar||Hindi||Debut film|||
|Raaz 3D||Sanjana Krishna||Hindi|||
|2013||Gori Tere Pyaar Mein||Nisha||Hindi||Special appearance in song "Dhat Teri Ki"|||
|2014||Humshakals||Dr. Shivani Gupta||Hindi|||
|2015||Baby||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Beparwah"|||
|Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon||Herself||Hindi||Music video|||
|Tutak Tutak Tutiya||Herself||Hindi
|Special appearance in the song "Rail Gaddi"|||
|Commando 2||Maria /Vicky Chadda||Hindi||Main Antagonist|||
|Hera Pheri 3||TBA||Hindi||Filming|||
|TBA||Devil's Daughter||TBA||English, Persian||Filming|
|2012||NAT GEO Super Cars||National Geographic||Host|
|C.I.D||Sony TV||Herself||Episode: "Bhootiya Haveli"|
|2018||High Fever — Dance Ka Naya Tevar||Judge||&TV|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2012||ETC Bollywood Business Awards||Most Profitable Debut (Female)||Raaz 3||Nominated|
|2013||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|MaTa Sanam Awards||Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Won|
|Stardust Award||Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Jannat 2 / Raaz 3||Nominated|
|Stardust Award||Stardust Award for Best Actress||Chakravyuh||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Award||Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|2014||Star Screen Award||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Humshakals||Nominated|
|2016||Lux Golden Rose Award||Best Supporting Actress||Rustom||Nominated|
|2017||Most Entertaining Actor in a Thriller Film – Female||Rustom||Nominated|
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 2013: FHM World's Sexiest 100 Women:#55
- 2013: Times of India's Hotlist 2012 Most Promising Female Newcomer: No. 5
- 2013: Times of India's Most Desirable Women of 2012 No. 13 out of 50.
- 2014: Times of India's Most Desirable Woman of 2013 No. 8 out of 50.
- 2015: Times of India's Most Desirable Women of 2014 No. 15 out of 50.
- "Birthday Special: Esha Gupta's Knockout Looks!". Rediff. 28 November 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Esha Gupta's birthday wish: To do a 'masala 'film". Daily News and Analysis. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- Hooli, Shekhar H (31 March 2015). "Esha Gupta to Compete with Anushka Shetty in 'Size Zero'". International Business Times. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Birthday special: Things you may not know about Esha Gupta". Mid Day. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Planet glamour Act II". Financialexpress.com. 13 August 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Celeb Fitness Mantras: Esha Gupta". iDiva. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Esha and Neha Gupta at the launch of Omega's 'Ladymatic' watch at Taj Palace, Delhi on November 23, 2011". Photogallery.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Bollywood wasn't Esha Gupta's first choice". Hindustan Times. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Miss India Winners 2007 – Miss India – Title Holders – Femina Miss India – Indiatimes". Feminamissindia.indiatimes.com. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Esha Gupta - Femina Miss India 2007 Contestants - Indiatimes.com". Feminamissindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- ninjas. "Sexy Kingfisher Calendar Girls | guylife.com | Page 4". guylife.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "/ Emraan is USP of Jannat 2: Esha Gupta". Indiavision.com. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Jannat 2 (2012) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Jannat 2 movie review". glamsham.com. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Gaurav Malani (4 May 2012). "Jannat 2: Movie Review – Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "JANNAT 2 movie review: A gritty and unabashed potboiler". Bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Raaz 3 (2012) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Raaz 3 Movie Review | Emraan Hashmi, Bipasha Basu, Esha Gupta". Koimoi.com. 27 October 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Critics report: Raaz 3 gets mixed reviews". Hindustan Times. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Movie review: Raaz 3 : Reviews, News – India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "'Raaz 3′ has Fantastic Weekend, on a Record Breaking Spree at the Box Office". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Lalwani, Vickey (3 June 2013). "Sajid Khan replaces Jacqueline with Esha". Times of India. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Jannat 2 Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Raaz 3 Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Chakravyuh Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein! Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Humshakals Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Baby Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- PTI. "Emraan Hashmi-Esha Gupta team up for 'Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon'". Sify. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Esha Gupta and Ileana D'Cruz in Akshay Kumar starrer Rustom". Bollywood Hungama. 9 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- Pasupulate, Karthik (11 May 2015). "Esha Gupta to debut in Tollywood in Sachiin Joshi's next". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Ileana D'Cruz, Esha Gupta roped in for Milan Luthria's Baadshaho". Bollywood Hungama. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- "Esha Gupta to undergo workshop for Telugu debut". 20 May 2015.
- IANS (17 May 2016). "Doing 'Commando 2', not playing negative: Esha Gupta". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- PTI (2 December 2015). "Esha Gupta hopes to learn comedy from Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- Esha Gupta to host Supercars on National Geographic Channel, 4 September 2012
- Esha Gupta turns judge for dance reality show, 15 May 2018
- Bollywood Business Awards 2012. ETC Bollywood Business. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
Event occurs at 28:01
- "Big ZEE Entertainment Awards: Nominations list". 22 July 2017.