'ND Studios is a film and television production studio located in Karjat, Maharashtra a north suburb of Mumbai. Established in 2005, it is co-owned by Nitin Chandrakant Desai and Reliance Entertainment. Apart from films, it is also the location reality TV series, Bigg Boss hosted by Salman Khan.
|Industry||film production, television production|
|Founders||Nitin Chandrakant Desai|
|Owners||Nitin Chandrakant Desai |
Over the years, it has also become a popular tourist destination, as it is 90-minutes drive from Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The Studio is spread over 52 acres (210,000 m2) and was opened in 2005 and offers indoor as well as outdoor shooting options. The Studio was privately owned by production designer Nitin Chandrakant Desai up till the point Reliance Entertainment picked up a 50% stake in the studios for approximately 150 crores. After this stake sale, the Studio was officially known as "Big ND Studio".
The studio offers various services like Art Work, Production, Post-Production, Set Design, Set Production.
Location used forEdit
- Jodhaa Akbar (The Movie)
- Jodha Akbar (TV Series)
- Bigg Boss (Reality Show)
- Raja Shivchhatrapati (Marathi)(TV Series)
- Balgandharva (Marathi)(Movie)
- Marathi Paul Padte Pudhe (Marathi) (Talent Show)
- Amol Gupte’s "Sapno Ko Ginte Ginte"
- Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
- Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur (2009) (TV Series)
- Taj Mahal (TV Series)
- Bajirao Mastani (Film)
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015)
- Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani
- Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat
- Music videos
Shooting in progress of the Jodha Akbar
- "Aesthetic matters". Deccan Herald. 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Finally, a Hollywood movie made in India". Mint. 26 April 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "What the Bigg Boss house is going to be like this season". Rediff.com Movies. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Shweta gets b'day suprise [sic] on Bigg Boss". MiD DAY. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Bollywood Studios". Bollywood tourism. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "About BIG ND Studio". BIG ND Studio. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Hollywood productions to be filmed at ND studios". Economic Times. 28 April 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Most Popular Titles With Location Matching "ND Studios, Karjat, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India"". IMDb. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "'Hum Aapke Hain Koun' crew celebrate film's 20th anniversary". The Hindu. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "First look of much-awaited TV serial 'Chakravartin Ashok Samrat' launched". 29 January 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "PHOTOS: Know all about the set of serial 'Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat' designed by Omung Kumar". daily.bhaskar.com. 4 February 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2015.