Himesh Reshammiya (born 23 July 1973) is an Indian playback singer, music director, producer, and actor who predominantly works in Bollywood. He started his career as music director in the film Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya in 1998 and made his acting debut with the film Aap Kaa Surroor in 2007.
|Born||23 July 1973|
|Labels||T-Series, Tips Music, HR Musik Limited|
(m. 1995; div. 2017)
Himesh Reshammiya was born to Vipin Reshammiya, a Gujarati music composer, and Madhu Reshammiya, on 23 July 1973. At the age of 21, Reshammiya married Komal and they have a son named Swayam. On 12 September 2016, it was reported that Himesh and Komal mutually agreed to separate and file for divorce. On 11 May 2018, Himesh married his long-time girlfriend, actress Sonia Kapoor.
Music and film careerEdit
Early career (1998–2002)Edit
At the age of 26, Reshammiya began producing TV series such as Andaz, Ahha, Aman, Aashiqui, and Amar Prem and Jaan on Zee TV. He also composed title tracks for some of these shows. Reshammiya's father was supposed to make a film with Salman Khan in the 1990s, but this did not take place; when Khan heard one of Reshammiya's compositions, he was impressed and promised to let him compose music for one of his films. In 1998, Reshammiya made his debut as a music composer with the Salman Khan film Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, composing two songs for the project: "Pyaar Kiya To Darn Kya" and "Tum Par Hum Hai Aatke". Both songs became hits.
He went on to compose music for Bandhan and Hello Brother, together with other composers. His first movie as a solo composer was another Salman Khan production, Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge. Reshammiya gained some prominence when he composed music for Humraaz. This earned him a nomination for Filmafare Award for Best Music Direction.
Reshammiya gained more prominence when he composed songs for another Salman Khan film, Tere Naam (2003), for which he won several accolades, including the Zee Cine Award for Best Music Director and Screen Award for Best Music Director. In 2004, he wrote music for ten films, among them Aitraaz. In 2005, he worked on ten more films, including Aashiq Banaya Apne and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?.
At this point, he also began working as a playback singer with the song "Aashiq Banaya Aapne", which earned him numerous awards, including Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer, IIFA Award for Best Male Playback, and Zee Cine Award for Best Male Playback Singer.
As a singer, Reshammiya has recorded multiple popular songs, such as "Aashiq Banaya Aapne", "Tera Suroor", "Zara Jhoom Jhoom", "Jhalak Dikhlaja", "Andaz Apna Apna", "Afsana", "Shakalaka Boom Boom", "Meri Awaargi", "Hookah Bar", "Chalao Na Naino Se", and "Tandoori Nights". His music has a style of composition based on a fusion of Western and Indian classical music, and Western and Indian Rock music accompanied by techno beats.
Reshammiya was actively involved in mentoring and judging the singing competition Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge on Zee TV. His group was known as Jai Mata Di Let's Rock Gharana. He was the winning mentor of the show in 2007. In 2009, Vaishali Mhade, a female contestant from his Jai Mata Di Let's Rock Gharana group, won the singing competition. He is also the team captain, judge, and mentor on Star Plus's show Music Ka Maha Muqqabla for the team Himesh's Warriors. Reshammiya was also the judge of the musical reality show Sur Kshetra, which was telecasted on Sahara One. He appeared as the special guest in the Grand Finale of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2, where he also trained the top four contestants.
In April 2019, it was confirmed that Reshammiya would be back onscreen with the film Namastey Rome, which is a sequel to Namastey London and Namastey England. He also collaborated with lyricist Javed Akhtar in the film's soundtrack, as they had worked together on Namastey London. Reshammiya also acted in three other projects, one being a sequel of The Xposé, named The Xposé Returns. Reshammiya also confirmed that he would make a biopic about the soldier Bishnu Shrestha; the film would be based on his involvement in the Maurya Express train robbery.
In his early singing career, when he was criticized for his nasal singing, which was unusual at that time, Reshammiya stated that R. D. Burman also sang through his nose. After this comment, Asha Bhosle, legendary singer and wife of Burman, said, "If anyone says Burman sa'ab sang through his nose, he should be slapped". Reshammiya subsequently clarified that he never intended to insult R. D. Burman.
In his debut film as an actor, Aap Kaa Surroor, Reshammiya added the song "Tanhaiyyan" from Boney Kapoor's proposed film Milenge Milenge.[when?] Initially, Reshammiya had composed the song for Kapoor's film, but later decided to use it for his own movie. Tips, which held the audio rights of Milenge Milenge, accused Reshammiya of copyright violation, as audio rights for "Aap Kaa Surroor – The Real Luv Story" were acquired by T-Series. However, Reshammiya defended himself, saying that he had made Kapoor listen to the song, but it was not included in Milenge Milenge. He also claimed to have tried to get in touch with Kapoor for seven months, and since there was no progress on the film, he decided to use the song for his own movie.
Awards and nominationsEdit
Reshammiya won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer in 2006 for Aashiq Banaya Aapne, as well as receiving several other awards such as the Star Screen Award, IIFA Award, and the Zee Cine Award. He also received several nominations for his music direction. Reshammiya additionally won a BIG Star Entertainment Award as best music director for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo 
As an actorEdit
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2020||Happy Hardy and Heer||Harpreet Singh Lamba aka Happy and Harshvardhan Bhatt aka Hardy|
|2016||Teraa Surroor||Raghuu, a gangster and Tara's boyfriend|
|2014||The Xposé||Ravi Kumar|
|2013||A New Love Ishtory||Sikander Verma / Sukku Bhai||Released on television|
|2012||Khiladi 786||Mansukh Desai|
|2011||Damadamm!||Sameer "Sam" / Babu|
|2010||Kajraare||Rajeev Behl / Rocky Desai|
|2009||Radio||RJ Vivan Shah|
|2008||Karzzzz||Monty Oberoi; Reincarnation of Ravi Verma|
|2007||Aap Kaa Surroor||Himesh Reshammiya / "HR"|
Reshammiya, along with his father Vipin Reshammiya, has produced and distributed films under the banner HR Musik Limited.
|2020||Happy Hardy and Heer||produced by HR Musik Limited and EYKA Films|
|2016||Teraa Surroor||Co-produced by HR Musik Limited and T-Series|
|2014||The Xposé||Also wrote story and screenplay|
|2012||Khiladi 786||Co-produced by Hari Om Entertainment, Sunil Lulla|
|2011||Damadamm!||Also wrote story|
As story writerEdit
|2020||Happy Hardy and Heer||Also wrote lyrics|
|2014||The Xposé||Also wrote screenplay (with Jainesh Ejardar)|
|2012||Khiladi 786||Also wrote lyrics|
As a composerEdit
As a background music composer
|2020||Happy Hardy and Heer||Also music director, singer, actor, lyricist, and story writer|
|2016||Teraa Surroor||Also music drector, composer, singer, and actor|
|2015||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||Co-background composer|
|2014||The Xposé||Co-background composer, also a music director, composer, singer, and actor|
|2012||Khiladi 786||Also lyrics, music director, composer, singer, and actor|
As a music directorEdit
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Happy Hardy and Heer|
|2016||Teraa Surroor||100th Film with T-Series|
|Sanam Teri Kasam|
|2015||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo|
|All Is Well||Composed 3 songs: Baaton Ko Teri, Tu Milade, YOLO|
Composed 2 songs; Jumme Ki Raat, Tu hi Tu.
|2013||A New Love Ishtory||Released on television|
|Special 26||1 song: "Gore Mukhde Pe Zulfan Di Chhaavan"|
|Son of Sardaar|
|OMG – Oh My God!|
|Karzzzz||Remake of the 1980 film Karz.|
|My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves||1 song: "Tum Mile"|
|2007||Welcome||2 songs: "Insha Allah" and "Kola Laka Vellari"|
|Darling||1 song: "Tadap"|
|Aap Kaa Surroor|
|Fool & Final|
|Good Boy, Bad Boy|
|Shakalaka Boom Boom|
|Namastey London||Most songs in a Bollywood movie soundtrack (19 songs including remixes)|
|Red: The Dark Side|
|Nehlle Pe Dehlla||1 song: "Dil Naiyyo Maane Re"|
|2006||Rocky – The Rebel|
|Dil Diya Hai|
|Aap Ki Khatir|
|Anthony Kaun Hai?|
|Chup Chup Ke|
|Phir Hera Pheri|
|Tom Dick And Harry|
|36 China Town|
|Humko Deewana Kar Gaye||1 song: "Tum Sason Mein"|
|Shaadi Se Pehle|
|Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!|
|Koi Aap Sa|
|Aashiq Banaya Aapne||
|Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?||*Nominated – Zee Cine Award for Best Music Director|
|Main Aisa Hi Hoon|
|Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye|
|Ishq Hai Tumse|
|2004||Dil Maange More|
|Aabra Ka Daabra|
|Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa||A. R. Rahman composed 2 songs in the film|
|Taarzan: The Wonder Car|
|Tum – A Dangerous Obsession|
|Footpath||1 song: Soorat Pe Teri Pyar Aave|
|Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne|
|2002||Chalo Ishq Ladaaye|
|Yeh Hai Jalwa|
|Humraaz||*Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Music Director|
|Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa|
|2001||Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa|
|2000||Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye|
|Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge||First movie as a solo composer|
|1999||Hello Brother||2 songs: Chandi Ki Daal Par, Teri Chunariya|
|1998||Bandhan||3 songs: Balle Balle, Chhora Phisal Gaye, Tere Dum Se Hai Mera Du|
|Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya||2 songs: Odh Li Chunariy,Tum Par Hum Hai|
|2006||Aap Kaa Surroor|
|2016||Aap Se Mausiiquii|
As a lyricistEdit
|2020||Happy Hardy and Heer||"Heer Tu Meri"||Duet with Anusha Mani|
|"Looteri"||Co-written by Aryan Tiwari|
|"Ashiqui Mein Teri 2.0"||Original lyrics by Sameer|
|2016||Sanam Teri Kasam||"Ek Number"||Duet with Neeti Mohan|
|2012||Khiladi 786||"Hookah Bar"||Duet with Vineet Singh|
As a playback singerEdit
|2020||Happy Hardy and Heer||"Cutie pie"
"Heer Tu Meri"
"Teri Meri Kahani"
"Aashiqui Mein Teri"
"Keh Rahi Hai Naazdeekiyan"
Navraj Hans, Harshdeep Kaur, Asees Kaur
Sameer Khan, Ranu Mondal, Payaal Dev
|2019||The Body||"Jhalak Dikhla Ja Reloaded"||Solo (Recreated by Tanishk Bagchi)|
|2018||Genius||"Tujhse Kahan Juda Hoon Main"||Vineet Singh, Neeti Mohan|
|Hate Story 4||"Aashiq Banaya Aapne" (Re-make)||Neha Kakkar (Recreated by Tanishk Bagchi)|
|2016||Teraa Surroor||"Teri Yaad"
"Teri Yaad" (Reprise)
|Sanam Teri Kasam||"Bewajah"
|2015||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||"Bachpan Kahan"||Solo|
|Hey Bro||"Naach Meri Bulbul"||Shreya Ghoshal (Composed by Nitz 'N' Sony)|
Ankit Tiwari, Neeti Mohan, Arya Acharya, Alam Gir Khan & Vinit Singh
|Humshakals||"Piya Ke Bazaar Mein"
"Hum Pagal Nahi Hai"
|Shalmali Kholgade, Palak Muchhal|
|The Xposé||"Ice Cream Khaungi"
"Hai Apna Dil Toh Awara"
"Catch Me If You Can"
|Yo Yo Honey Singh, Palak Muchhal|
Yo Yo Honey Singh
Yo Yo Honey Singh, Shalmali Kholgade
Mika Singh, Mohit Chauhan, Neeti Mohan, Shubhangi Tiwari, Shalmali Kholgade
|Jai Ho||"Photocopy"||Keerthi Sagathia, Palak Muchhal (Composed by Sajid-Wajid)|
|2013||A New Love Ishtory||"Jab Main Chhota Bachha Tha"
"Download Kar Gaye"
|Shortcut Romeo||"Pe Pe Pe"
"Jave sari Duniya"
"Sari Sari Raat"
|Hamsika Iyer, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Akshay Kumar|
Vinit Singh, Aman Trikha
|Son of Sardaar||"Son of Sardaar"
Vikas Bhalla, Aman Trikha
|OMG – Oh My God!||"Don't Worry (Hey Ram)"||Benny Dayal|
|Bol Bachchan||"Chalao Na Naino Se"
Amitabh Bachchan, Mamta Sharma, Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgan, Vinit Singh
|Dangerous Ishhq||"Naina Re"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shreya Ghoshal|
"I Need My Space"
"Yun Toh Mera Dil"
Aditi Singh Sharma
Aditi Singh Sharma
Vinit Singh, Alam Gir Khan, Palak Mucchal, Shabab Sabri, Sabina Shaikh, Rubina Shaikh, Punnu Brar
|2010||Kajraare||"Rabba Luck Barsa"
"Tujhe Dekh Ke"
|Milenge Milenge||"Kuch Toh Baaki Hai"
|2009||Radio||"Mann Ka Radio"
"Koi Na Koi"
"Teri Meri Dosti"
Aditi Singh Sharma
"Ek Haseena Thi"
"Tere Bin Chain"
|Dasavathaaram||"Oh Oh Sanam" – Remix||Mahalakshmi Iyer|
|2007||Welcome||"Kola Laka Vellari"|
|Aap Kaa Surroor||"Assalam Vaalekum"
"Tera Mera Milna"
"Jhoot Nahin Bolna"
"Ya Ali" (Later "Dil Lagi")
"Dekhoon Tujhe To Pyaar Aaye"
"Ankh Vich Chehra Pyaar Da"
Shaan, Kunal Ganjawala, Amrita Kak
|Fool & Final||"Ek Kalsa"
|Good Boy, Bad Boy||"Good Boy Bad Boy"
"Aashiqana Aalam Hai"
"Dard E Dil" – Remix
Alka Yagnik, Sunidhi Chauhan, Vinit Singh
|Shakalaka Boom Boom||"Shakalaka Boom Boom"
|Namastey London||"Chakna Chakna"
"Yahi Hota Pyaar"
|Red: The Dark Side||"Aafreen Tera Chehra"
"Dil Ne Ye Na Jaana"
"Loneliness Is Killing"
|Nehlle Pe Dehlla||"Dil Naiyyo Maane Re"||Tulsi Kumar|
|2006||Rocky – The Rebel||"Junoon"
"My Love for You"
"Teri Yaad Bichake Sota Hoon"
"Laagi Chutte Na"
"Rocky Rock the World"
|Dil Diya Hai||"Dil Diya"
"Mile Ho Tum To"
|Aap Ki Khatir||"Aap Ki Khatir"
"Tu Hi Mera"
|Ahista Ahista||"Ahista Ahista"
Jayesh Gandhi, Aftab Hashmi Sabri
|Anthony Kaun Hai?||"Ishq Kiya Kiya"
"No Way No Way"
|Chup Chup Ke||"Shabe Firaq"
"Dil Vich Lagiya Ve"
Sonu Nigam, Kunal Ganjawala, Akriti Kakkar
|Phir Hera Pheri||"Mujhko Yaad Sataye Teri"
"Ae Meri Zohrajabeen"
|Tom, Dick, and Harry||"Jhoom Jhoom"
"Tanha Jiya Na Jaaye"
"Tere Sang Ishq"
|36 China Town||"Aashiqui Meri"
"Dil Tumhare Bina"
|Humko Deewana Kar Gaye||"Tum Saanson Mein"||Tulsi Kumar|
|Banaras||"Kitna Pyar Kartein Hain"|
|2005||Aashiq Banaya Aapne||"Aashiq Banaya Aapne"
"Aap Ki Kashish"
"Dillagi Mein Jo Beet Jaaye"
Krishna Beura, Ahir
Jayesh Gandhi, Shaan, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Vasundhara Das
|2004||Bardaasht||"Janaabe Ali"||Kunal Ganjawala, Shaan|
|2003||Zameen||"Bas Ek Bar" (Backup Vocals)
"Sarzameen Se" – Title Song (Backup Vocals)
|Alka Yagnik, Babul Supriyo|
|2011||Kennedy Bridge||Composed a Mujra number|
- Abbasi, Mehfooz (23 July 2017). "Himesh Reshammiya Birthday Special: 7 Iconic Songs From The Singer That Can Make Any Man Shake A Leg". India News, Breaking News, Entertainment News | India.com. Archived from the original on 13 July 2020. Retrieved 10 July 2020.
- "Reality shows help kids decide their profession early: Himesh", The Times of India, archived from the original on 4 June 2018, retrieved 31 October 2017
- Paul, Ushnota (3 May 2016). "Himesh Reshammiya on Salman Khan, his survival mantra and making music". filmfare.com. Archived from the original on 9 July 2016. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "Himesh Reshammiya on Koffee with Karan". Oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 17 September 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2007.
- "Himesh Reshammiya files for divorce! – Bollywood.com News". bollywood.com. Archived from the original on 14 December 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2016.
- "Himesh Reshammiya has married his long term girlfriend Sonia Kapoor on 11 May 2018". The Indian Express. Musqiclub. 11 May 2018. Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Himesh Reshammiya marries Sonia Kapoor". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Himesh Reshammiya was a Television producer – Times of India". The Times of India. 28 September 2008. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Himesh Reshammiya credits Salman for his success". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Salman has better sense of music than Bhushan Kumar: Himesh – Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 October 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Soulful melodies like 'Tere Naam' in Salman's Prem Ratan Dhan Payo". Archived from the original on 8 November 2015. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- Raj, Jem (15 August 2014). "Celebrating 11 Years of Tere Naam". BollySpice.com – The latest movies, interviews in Bollywood. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "Himesh Reshammiya reveals how he created Aashiq Banaya Aapne". India Today. Archived from the original on 14 February 2020. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- Gaurav Malani; Chuman Das (7 April 2008). "Is Himesh Reshammiya worth Rs 5 crore?". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "Himesh Reshammiya's first English album". The Times of India. 16 August 2010. Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Himesh Reshammiya is back on television!". The Times of India. 20 June 2012. Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Himesh Reshammiya to play role inspired by Raaj Kumar? – The Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 23 December 2018. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Himesh Reshammiya announces next film Namastey Rome, reunites with Javed Akhtar". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 14 February 2020. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "Himesh Reshammiya to work with Javed Akhtar after 13 long years in 'Namastey Rome'". Republic World. Archived from the original on 14 February 2020. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "Twitter is Having April Fool Blast at Himesh Reshammiya's Starrer Main Jahan Rahoon". News 18. 1 April 2019. Archived from the original on 1 April 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "कन्फर्म / आर्मी ऑफिसर बिष्णु श्रेष्ठ की बायोपिक बनाएंगे हिमेश रेशमिया, 4 नई फिल्मों में खुद करेंगे एक्टिंग". Dainik Bhaskar. Archived from the original on 1 April 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Himesh Reshammiya buys the rights of the Bishnu Shrestha biopic". Archived from the original on 7 April 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Asha Bhosle wants to slap Himesh – Times of India". The Times of India. 22 November 2006. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Asha Bhosle wants to slap Himesh: The Indian Express". Zee News. 23 November 2006. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Reshammiya, Boney Kapoor in a song row". Archived from the original on 14 March 2007. Retrieved 26 November 2006.
- "Himesh Reshammiya violates copyright act". 7 November 2006. Archived from the original on 16 March 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2006.
- "Tanhai". The Times of India. 8 November 2006. Archived from the original on 27 November 2017. Retrieved 26 November 2006.
- "Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Yash Chopra, Rajesh Khanna". The Times of India. 26 April 2013. Archived from the original on 29 July 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Reloaded: Emraan Hashmi – Himesh Reshammiya's Song Gets a Makeover After 13 Years". India.com. 27 November 2019. Archived from the original on 28 November 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Himesh Reshammiya.|