Music Ka Maha Muqqabla
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Music Ka Maha Muqqabla is a reality show on STAR Plus, which first aired on 19 December 2009. It aimed to bring a new format to music reality shows in India, which is based on teams rather than individuals. The show lasted for a total of 13 weeks.
|Music Ka Maha Muqqabla|
Music Ka Maha Muqqabla logo
|Also known as||Amul Music Ka Maha Muqqabla|
|Created by||Gajendra Singh|
|Developed by||Gajendra Singh|
|Directed by||Gajendra Singh|
|Creative director(s)||Rajesh Sonawne|
|Presented by||Ayushmann Khurrana|
|Starring||Rahul Vaidya |
|Theme music composer||Anand Sharma |
|Opening theme||"Music Ka Maha Muqqabla" by all six judges|
|Ending theme||"Hoga Muqqabla" by all six judges|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||18 (as of 14 February 2010)|
|Executive producer(s)||Poonam Yadav |
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, India|
|Running time||52 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sai Baba Telefilms Pvt. Ltd.|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||19 December 2009 –|
20 March 2010
Six teams, led by their own superstar captains, battled it out in this weekly music competition. The singing superstars included Shaan, Shreya Ghoshal, Mohit Chauhan, Himesh Reshammiya, Mika Singh and Shankar Mahadevan.
Each team consisted of three well-known singers and one new singer.
The show was hosted by Ayushmann Khurrana. Each week two captains competed for the highest score in order to win.
The captains that did not compete judged the performances of the singers. There were a total of five rounds in each competition. The audience and the judges gave the score. The show took place in a large outdoor stadium in Mumbai. The stadium consisted of a small section for a few audience members to stand very close to the stage. The rest of the audience sat in the back. Each member of the audience was given a voting machine where they voted when the host asked them to vote. The two competing teams sat on either side of the stage. The captains that did not compete sat in an area in front of the stage. There were background dancers that accompanied the singers when they sang. Two of the captains always sang in the final round and occasionally sang in any other rounds. A "Singer of the Day" Award was given at the end of each episode to a singer selected by the judges. The Grand Finale was won by Shankar Rockstars on 20 March 2010.
- Ameya Date
- Hemachandra Vedalal
- Ravi Shukla
- Nikitha Nigam
- Toshi Sabri
- Himani Kapoor
- Tajinder Singh Ahuja
- Round 1: Jugalbandi-Two singers from different teams sing together
- Round 2: DJ - solo round
- Round 3: Duet-The two teams sing a medley with their captains
The scoring was based on the judges' average score and the audience's average score. In Rounds 1 to 5 the scoring was out of 20 points (10 from the judges' average score and 10 from the audience's average score). In the final round (Round 5: Muqqabla Aar Yaa Paar), the voting was out of 50 points and only the audience voted.
- Episode 6: Uday Chopra and Priyanka Chopra for the promotion of Pyaar Impossible
- Episode 8: Shahid Kapoor and Genelia D'Souza for the promotion of Chance Pe Dance
- Episode 11: Shahrukh Khan and Karan Johar for the promotion of My Name Is Khan
- Episode 13: Arshad Warsi and Vidya Balan for the promotion of Ishqiya
- Episode 17: Sharman Joshi and Tabu for the promotion of Toh Baat Pakki
- Episode 18: Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone for the promotion of Karthik Calling Karthik
- Dhingra, Deepali (19 December 2009). "Small screen's big musical battle!". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 December 2009.
- "Music Ka Maha Muqabla on Star Plus". realbollywood.com. 3 January 2009. Archived from the original on 23 January 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- "talent hunt". The Day After. 18 December 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2009.[dead link]
- "Get ready for 'Music Ka Maha Muqqabla'". The Times of India. 15 December 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2009.