This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Zee TV is an Indian pay television channel owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises, a media and entertainment company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. A part of the Essel Group, it started to broadcast on 2 October 1992 as the first Hindi-language subscription channel in India.
|Launched||2 October 1992|
|Owned by||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
Parent: (Essel Group)
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||Aaj Likhenge Kal|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel slots vary on each city|
|Airtel digital TV(India)||Channel 108 (SD)|
Channel 109 (HD)
(Mauritius & Réunion)
|Channel 142 (SD)|
|Channel 203 (SD)|
Channel 902 (HD)
|Channel 694 (HD)|
|Dish TV||Channel 118 (SD)|
Channel 117 (HD)
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 709 (SD)|
|Tata Sky||Channel 143 (SD) |
Channel 141 (HD)
|Channel 103 (SD)|
Channel 903 (HD)
channel 166 ( Zee World)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 209 (SD)|
Channel 231 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 308 (SD)|
Channel 876 (HD)
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 151 (as Zee Bioskop)|
|OSN (Middle East|
& North Africa)
|Channel 194 (as JTBC Zee TV)|
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 851|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 809 (HD)|
|iO Digital Cable|
|Channel 336 and Channel 691|
|Virgin Media Ireland|
|Channel 123 (Digital)|
|Channel 123 (Digital)|
(Trinidad and Tobago)
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 39|
|Spectrum (cable service)||Channel 1533|
|TalkTalk Plus TV|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 646|
|KabloTV (Turkey)||Channel 152|
|Sling TV (United States)||Internet protocol television|
The channel mostly airs content intended for family and coming-of-age generations ranging from comedy to drama. It also aired reality shows such as Shabaash India, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, I Can Do That, India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj, and Dance India Dance.
Zee TV launched a Nickelodeon-branded programming block in 1999 as part of a distribution deal between Viacom International and Zee Entertainment Enterprises. It was replaced by a new Cartoon Network block in 2002.
- zeetv.com. "Contact Us". zeetv.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Zee TV completes 23 years". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 6 October 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Zee TV unveils its brand new logo and philosophy, 'Aaj Likhenge Kal'". Indian Advertising Media & Marketing News – exchange4media. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "17 New serials are to be launched". IT Team. indianrelevision.com. 9 March 2001. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Sapna, Nair (14 June 2006). "Action and adventure to rule Zee's prime slot". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Prachi, Shrivastava (18 December 2014). "Zee TV hikes ad rates for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs 5". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "After Oye! It's Friday, Farhan Akhtar is returning to TV". Hindustan Times. 27 August 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Zee launches star hunt 'India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj'". Indiantelevision.com. 21 April 2004.
- "DID Little Masters tops the flock; Zee slips back to No. 3". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "ZEE TV TO LAUNCH NICKELODEON". 11 October 1999. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Cartoon Network block replaces Nick on Zee TV". 14 August 2002. Retrieved 19 September 2017.