This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Star Plus (Hindi: स्टार प्लस) is a Hindi general entertainment television channel based in India. Star Plus channel is part of 21st Century Fox's Star India network. The shows include a mix of family dramas, comedies, youth-oriented, reality shows, shows on crime and telefilms. The channel is also distributed worldwide by Fox Networks Group, subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.
|Launched||21 February 1992
(as Star TV)|
17 April 1996 (as Star Plus)
(Fox Networks Group, distributor outside of India)
|Slogan||Rishta Wahi,Soch Nayi (2010-2016) Nayi Soch (2016-2018) Rishta Wahi, Baat Nayi (2018-Present)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Website||Star Plus on Hotstar|
|DVB-T2 (India)||Check local frequencies|
|Videocon D2H (India)||Channel 101 (SD)
Channel 902 (HD)
|DSTV (South Africa)||channel 453 DSTV indian Package|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 113 (SD) / Channel 112 (HD)|
|Dish Home (Nepal)||Channel 201 (SD) / Channel 903 (HD)|
|StarSat TV (South Africa)||Channel 560 (set Decoder to default settings pin is 000000, select any country other than south Africa to enable star plus viewing)|
|Bell Satellite TV (Canada)||Channel 702 (via ATN)|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 24|
|DirecTV (USA)||Channel 2001|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 696 (SD/HD) |
|CanalSat Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 148|
|Parabole Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 40|
|Parabole Madagascar (Madagascar)||Channel 40|
|Parabole Réunion (Réunion)||Channel 40|
|OSN (Middle East & North Africa)||Channel 31|
|SKY TV (New Zealand)||Channel 150|
|Vision Asia (Australia & New Zealand)||Channel 5|
|Channel 287 (Coming Soon)|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 117 (SD)
Channel 115 (HD)
Channel 116 (HD+1)
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 857 (Coming Soon)|
|CableAmerica (USA)||Channel 471|
|Cincinnati Bell (USA)||Channel 622|
|Cogeco Cable (Canada)|
|Cox Cable (USA)||Channel 275|
|EnTouch (USA)||Channel 520|
|GVTC Cable (USA)||Channel 799|
|DEN Networks (India)||Channel 101|
|Hathway (India)||Channel 1|
|Asianet Digital TV(India)||Channel 501 (SD)
Channel 848 (HD)
|OpenBand (USA)||Channel 783|
|RCN (USA)||Channel 481|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 831 (via ATN)|
|San Bruno Cable (USA)||Channel 233|
|Shaw Cable (Canada)||Channel 530 (via ATN)|
|SkyCable/Destiny Cable(Philippines)||Channel 128 (Digital)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 126|
|Time Warner Cable (USA)||Channel 565|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 171|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 246 (Digital)|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 760|
|AT&T U-verse (USA)||Channel 3706|
|Bell Fibe TV (Canada)||Channel 811 (via ATN)|
|Optik TV (Canada)||Channel 520 (via ATN)|
|Verizon FiOS (USA)||Channel 1751|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 656|
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 34|
|PEO TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 88|
|Now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 794|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 524|
When it was first launched on 21 February 1992, Star Plus was an English-language television channel showing international content from the U.S., the UK and Australia, with Zee TV being the Hindi-language channel. However, after STAR (subsequently acquired by News Corporation) ended its relationship with Zee TV, Star Plus was transformed into a Hindi-language channel, with Star World becoming the network's English-language channel.
In 2000, the company's CEO Sameer Nair and programming chief Tarun Katial introduced a number of new shows, which helped to solidify the channel's position as the leader in the Hindi general entertainment space.
Star Plus HD, along with Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD and Star World HD, Star Sports HD was launched on 15 April 2011. Star Plus HD carries the same schedule as the SD feed, but with different commercials. Star Plus HD was set to launch in both the United Kingdom and Ireland by the end of 2011, but it was delayed until 5 July 2012.
On 13 June 2010, the channel introduced a ruby-red crystal star logo with the slogan "Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi" sung by Shreya Ghoshal.
On 7 November 2016, Star Plus rebranded itself with a slim bright ruby-red logo and a new graphical packaging with a new slogan, Nayi Soch.
On 27 May 2018, Star Plus rebranded itself with a new logo which is the trademark red crystal star with the swoosh, now in gold dust with a new slogan Rishta Wahi Baat Nayi. A music video was launched with music composed by Ram Sampath and sung by Sunidhi Chauhan, featuring Alia Bhatt as the Brand Ambassador of the campaign.
- "AT&T U-verse Channel Line-Up – TV Channel Listings". AT&T. 2012-11-03.
- "Multicultural and international channels – Bell TV". Bell.ca. 2012-11-03.
- "Dialog » Personal » TV » Channels". Dialog Axiata PLC. 2012-11-03.
- "South Asian TV Channels – Watch South Asian TV Shows Available on DIRECTV". DIRECTV. 2012-11-03.
- "Hindi Satellite Packages". DISH International. 2012-11-03.
- "Parabole Madagascar". Parabole Madagascar. 2012-11-03.
- "Parabole Réunion". Parabole Réunion. 2012-11-03.
- "Pehla > Channels". Pehla. 3 November 2012. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- "Special Interest Channels". SKY TV. 2012-11-03.
- "Vision Asia Packages". Vision Asia. 2012-11-03.
- "Digital Cable TV Channels". Cogeco. 2012-11-03.
- "Channel lineup serving Northern Virginia". Cox Communications. 2012-11-03.
- "Channel List". Hathway. 3 November 2012. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012.
- "South Asian International Channels". RCN. 2012-11-03.
- "Rogers – Programming and Channels". Rogers. 2012-11-03.
- "Shaw Television – Find the complete list of channels in your area". Shaw. 2012-11-03.
- "StarHub – TV – Package Builder for TV". StarHub. 3 November 2012. Archived from the original on 3 November 2012.
- "Hindi TV". Time Warner Cable. 2012-11-03.
- "Bell Fibe TV – Programming". Bell. 2012-11-03.
- "Channels & packages". TELUS. 2012-11-03.
- "Premium TV Channels – FiOS TV". Verizon. 2012-11-03.
- Flegg, Michael (10 September 2001). "India's Star TV Leaps to Top Spot Due to Game Shows, Soap Operas". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 19 September 2001.
- "History Star Plus Global". Star Plus Global. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Star Plus UK to launch HD Channel – http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2011/02/exclusive_star_5.php
- Star Plus HD UK Date Confirmed – http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/star-plus-hd-to-launch-in-july-in-uk
- "Alia Bhatt, AR Rahman become fresh faces of Star Plus new look". Retrieved May 27, 2018.