Star World India
Star World India is an Indian pay television channel owned by Star India, a fully owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company India. It primarily airs popular shows from the United States, United Kingdom and sometimes Australia along with some local shows to appeal to the English-speaking population of India and a few other South Asian countries. The channel focuses on 14- to 35-year-old urban population, with 24-year-old working professionals being its primary target demographic.
|Star World India|
|Launched||23 December 1993|
|Owned by||Star India|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Broadcast area||Indian subcontinent|
|Formerly called||Star Plus|
1993 – 1996
|Sister channel(s)||Star World Premiere|
Star Movies India
Star Movies Action (India)
Star Movies Select HD
|Website||Star World on hotstar|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 165 (SD)|
Channel 166 (HD)
|Dish TV||Channel 509 (SD)|
Channel 508 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 253|
|Sun Direct||Channel 82|
|Tata Sky||Channel 206 (SD)|
Channel 204 (HD)
|Videocon d2h||Channel 179 (SD) |
Channel 934 (HD)
|Channel 405 (SD) |
Channel 963 (HD)
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 472 (SD)|
Channel 857 (HD)
|Hathway||Channel 321 (SD)|
Channel 377 (HD)
|Space Time Network (Nepal)||Channel 501 (SD)|
|DL-GTPL||Channel 31 (SD) |
Channel 861 (HD)
|PEO TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 77|
When the channel was first launched on 25 December 1993, it was an English-language television network airing international content from the U.S., UK and Australia, with Zee TV being its Hindi-language counterpart. However, after Star (subsequently acquired by News Corporation) ended its partnership with Zee TV, StarPlus was transformed into a Hindi-language channel, with Star World becoming the network's English-language channel. In April 2011, an HD feed of Star World India was launched.
Star World India airs English television shows from mostly the U.S. but sometimes it also airs shows from the United Kingdom and Australia. Various Australian and British television series such as MasterChef Australia and Downton Abbey have aired on the channel.
- 24: Legacy
- Agent Carter (Seasons-1-2)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- American Crime Story 
- Big Little Lies
- The Blacklist (Season1 present- 
- Blood & Oil
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Boston Legal
- Breaking Bad
- Breakout Kings
- Criminal Minds
- Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
- Downton Abbey
- The Family
- Game of Thrones(Seasons 1-8) 
- The Gifted
- Grey's Anatomy (Seasons 1-6)
- Heroes (Seasons 1-4)
- House, M.D.
- How to Get Away with Murder
- Kyle XY
- The Leftovers
- Lie To Me
- Mad Men
- The Mentalist
- The Unit
- NCIS (Seasons 1-4)
- Once Upon a Time
- One Tree Hill
- The Passage
- Person of Interest
- Prison Break
- Private Practice
- Quantico (Season 1-3) 
- Shots Fired
- Terra Nova
- This Is Us
- True Detective
- White Collar
- The X-Files
- 2 Broke Girls
- Arrested Development
- Baby Daddy
- The Big Bang Theory
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Desperate Housewives
- Fresh Off the Boat
- Family Guy
- The Goldbergs
- How I Met Your Mother (Seasons 1-9)
- Last Man Standing
- Life in Pieces
- Melissa & Joey
- Modern Family (Seasons 1-10) 
- Monk (Seasons 1-8)
- My Wife and Kids
- New Girl
- Nurse Jackie
- The Odd Couple
- Screm Queens
- Silicon Valley
- Small Wonder
- Son of Zorn
- Two and a Half Men
- Ugly Betty
- Yes, Dear
Star World Weekend BingeEdit
On 25 April 2015, STAR World launched its weekend special programming block known as Star World Weekend Binge. On this programming block, during weekends i.e. Saturdays and Sundays, latest seasons of high-rated English television shows are aired throughout the day (from 12 pm IST to approximately 7 pm IST). Sometimes, previous seasons of some shows are also rerun on this programming block.
Star World Now TrendingEdit
Starting from September 21, 2016, Star World introduced a new programming block called Star World Now Trending where the latest seasons of Scream Queens, Empire, The Blacklist, How to Get Away with Murder, Quantico and Pitch were aired throughout the week at 9 pm IST. Other shows such as Star, Homeland, 24: Legacy and the Prison Break miniseries were also later aired on this block.
Star World 10 TicklesEdit
Star World introduced a one-hour comedy block called Star World 10 Tickles on weeknights starting from 4 October 2016. Black-ish and New Girl were the first shows to be aired on this block. Later, during November 2016, this block was also extended to weekends (during Saturdays and Sundays) where the latest seasons of shows like 2 Broke Girls, Speechless, Modern Family and Son of Zorn were aired. Later in 2017, during late April, the weeknight shows on this block were discontinued to make way for the rerun of Game of Thrones.
Shows That Are Gonna Explode(STAGE)Edit
Star World launched a new slot for dramas with the name Stage i.e., Shows That Are Gonna Explode, which will bring to its viewers a grand show every fortnight. The slot promises to help its audiences discover the undiscovered content before it goes viral, before it explodes and before anyone else.The programming slot is 10-11pm Monday to Friday. Initial catalog of shows for this block include Warrior, True Detective, The Passage, Pose, Succession and Fosse/Verdon.
- "Downton Abbey finale season to air on Star World from February 17". India Today. 2 February 2016.
- "Star World & Star World HD to air 8 new prime time shows across the week". 26 August 2016. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Star World and Star World HD to premiere season 2 of Agent Carter". 19 January 2016. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Star World lines up Hollywood A-listers' shows starting 25 Sept". Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Star world goes Glocal". 2 July 2005. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Star World: Banatwalla, Shah, Hota & Prasad to battle it out in 'Game of Thrones' debate". Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Star World launches Game of Thrones season 7 with personalized posters". Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- Uniyal, Parmita (25 September 2016). "Priyanka Chopra's Quantico Season 2 to premiere tomorrow in India; all you want to know". India Today. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Latest shows on Star World throughout July". Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Tickle your funny bone with 'Star World 10-Tickles' from 26 Nov". 24 November 2016. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Blockbuster shows come to an enthralling end on Star World". Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Star World & Star World HD to air Season 1 of The Odd Couple". 15 December 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Asia's Next Top Model' finale on Star World smashes ratings record". 20 June 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Star World on a route to decode men". 10 January 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Star World & Star World HD to launch 'MasterChef Asia' season 1". 21 December 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "MasterChef US Junior to premiere on Star World". Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- "Satyamev Jayate' slashes episode count to 5". 28 February 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "TED Talks India Nayi Soch: Shah Rukh Khan returns to TV, this time with some heartfelt stories". India Today. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Star World to launch new property 'Star World Weekend Binge'". Television Post. 1 April 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Star World unveils line-up for 'Weekend Binge'". Television Post. 17 April 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Star World unleashes marketing blitzkrieg for 'Weekend Binge'". Indian Television. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Star World and Star World HD to air season 3 of 'Empire'". Indian Television. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Star World & Star World HD to air 8 new prime time shows across the week". Indian Television. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- "'Star World Now Trending' has over eight new primetime shows". Best Media Info. 31 August 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Star World to launch Lee Daniel's musical drama series 'Star'". Indian Television. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "'Homeland 6' to premiere in India on 16 Jan on Star World". Television Post. 12 January 2017. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "The latest season of the award-winning, fan-favourite series 'Prison Break' is back". The Times of India. 3 April 2017. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- Baddhan, Raj (12 September 2016). "Star World India to launch two new comedies in October". Biz Asia. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- Doke, Shunal (8 February 2016). "Star World Premiere HD to air Game of Thrones in India". IGN India. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "Star World brings S.T.A.G.E, a programming slot for TV shows from across world". Exchange4Media. 3 June 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Star World looks to boost 10 pm slot with drama". Televisionpost. 2 June 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2019.