This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chief Executive Officer of STAR India Network|
|Chief Executive Officer of NDTV Imagine|
|Chief Executive Officer of Balaji Telefilms Limited|
|Chief Executive Officer of Applause Entertainment Limited|
2017 – Incumbent
|Born||3 December 1965|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation||Executive, Political Activist, CEO|
He played a vital role in revamping the Star TV network and the launch of Amitabh Bachchan & KBC, and the Balaji soap operas on Star Plus. These catapulted the channel to the Number 1 slot in the year 2000, making it the undisputed leader for a span of 9 years. The revamp of Channel V and launch of Star Gold, Star Vijay, Star One & Star Utsav also happened under his watch.
Nair received his Higher Secondary Certificate from Wilson High School in Mumbai. From 1982 to 1984, he studied physics at St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. He later earned his bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Madras via correspondence courses while studying hotel management from the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai.
Sameer always have political inclination and he managed to study Indian history and politics in his college days. So when the apt time came he took the plunge and joined Aam Adami Party (AAP) 
In his initial career he spent 2 years in Yellow Pages in Mumbai and 4 years in Advertising & Film making with Goldwire in Chennai. Sameer entered the nascent television industry in the early 90s with STAR India Network taking charge of Star Movies, the only English movie channel in India. Over a 12-year career at STAR India Network, he went on to handle a variety of portfolios, including Movie Acquisitions, Head - On Air Promotions, Programming Head - Star Plus, Executive Vice President, Network - Programming, Chief Operating Officer (overseeing Content, Communication, Advertising Sales and Distribution) in 2002, and finally Chief Executive Officer in 2006.
In 2007, Sameer turned entrepreneurial with NDTV Imagine Ltd. The venture had a strategic partner in NBC Universal at 26%. Imagine broke new ground by introducing mythology and historical programming into daily primetime schedules, an industry first and commonplace today. While the channel Imagine did not quite succeed, the lessons from steering a ship through the turbulent times of recession, intense competition and failure were sobering and invaluable.
In August 2017, Sameer began a new professional journey to helm Applause Entertainment - a Media, Content & IP Creation Studio - promoted by Aditya Birla Group chairman - Kumar Mangalam Birla. With Applause Entertainment, Sameer aims to build a new ecosystem for content creation & monetization bringing together talent, producers and platforms with an innate ability to merge quality and creativity with commerce.
- "http://dollarweb.in". dollarweb.in. Retrieved 20 April 2016. External link in
- "Former Star India CEO Sameer Nair heads to Balaji". Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- Flegg, Michael (10 September 2001). "India's Star TV Leaps to Top Spot Due to Game Shows, Soap Operas". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 19 September 2001.
- Wanvari, Anil (21 July 2001). "Into The Mind Of Sameer Nair - Part II". IndianTelevision.com. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "The Star debonair". The Financial Express. 8 April 2006. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Former Star TV CEO Sameer Nair joins AAP, Kejriwal". Hindustan Times. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 April 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Mandavia, Megha; Kalesh, Baiju (17 August 2017). "KM Birla hires Sameer Nair of Balaji Telefilms; to make 'binge-worthy' shows for Amazon, Netflix, Hotstar". The Economic Times. Retrieved 8 February 2019.