Konidela Kalyan Babu, better known by his stage name Pawan Kalyan, is an Indian film actor, producer, director, screenwriter, writer, philanthropist and politician. His film works are predominantly in Telugu cinema. He is the youngest brother of popular actor Chiranjeevi . Kalyan made his acting debut in the 1996 Telugu film Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi. In 1998, he starred in Tholi Prema, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for that year.
Pawan Kalyan Konidela
Konidela Kalyan Babu
2 September 1971
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Other names||Power Star Pawan Kalyan|
|Political party||Jana Sena Party|
|Family||See Chiranjeevi family|
He is known for his works in the films Gokulamlo Seetha, Suswagatam, Tholi Prema,Thammudu, Badri, Kushi, Jalsa and Gabbar Singh, for which he received the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu, and Attarintiki Daredi, which became one of the highest grossing Telugu films of all time. He was listed 26th in 2013, 69th in 2017 and 24th in 2018 respectively in the Forbes India list of top 100 Celebrities .. He produces films under the banners Anjana Productions and Pawan Kalyan Creative Works. In March 2014 he entered into politics, founding the Jana Sena Party. During that period, Pawan Kalyan was listed by Google as the most searched Indian celebrity politician on Google Search.
Pawan Kalyan was widely known for his philanthropic work. He founded a charitable trust called Common Man Protection Force (CMPF). This trust was known to assist citizens who fall under EWS in states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. He was also invited to Harvard University in Boston,USA to deliver a speech in 14th edition of India Conference 2017 along with Madhavan.
Kalyan was born to Konidela Venkat Rao and Anjana Devi in Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh. He is the younger brother of Chiranjeevi and Nagendra Babu. He started using the name "Pawan" after a martial arts presentation he organized to demonstrate his training. He holds a black belt in karate.
Pawan Kalyan has been married three times: to Nandini from 1997 to 2007, to Renu Desai from 2009 to 2012 and to Anna Lezhneva since 2013. He had two children with Renu Desai, and two more children with Anna Lezhneva.
- Selected filmography
- Pawan Kalyan gave 1 lakh Rupees to the character artist Pavala Shyamala who suffered from a fatal illness.
- On 27 July 2013, he donated 1 lakh rupees to Jesus old age home at Pandurangapuram in Khammam district in Telangana.
- Pawan donated 20 lakh Rupees for Uttarakhand flood victims.
- Pawan Kalyan donated 50 lakh Rupees to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for Hud Hud Cyclone in the North coastal region of Andhra Pradesh.
- Pawan Kalyan helped a biker, Gota Satish Kumar with 5 lakh Rupees who lost his legs in an accident.
- Pawan Kalyan donated 5 lakh Rupees to differently-abled T20 Cricket tournament and Rs. 1 lakh for each team.
- On April 10, 2018 he announced that he would give a 10 lakh cheque to Sri Venkata Rahul Ragala for achieving Gold Medal in Common Wealth Games & making our Mother land "Bharath" Proud.
Praja Rajyam Party
Pawan Kalyan started his political career in 2008. as the president of Yuvarajyam," the youth wing of Praja Rajyam Party which was started by his elder brother Chiranjeevi.He neither contested in elections nor did he hold any constitutional post during his days in Praja Rajyam Party.Later when Chiranjeevi merged his Party with Indian National Congress, Pawan Kalyan took a break from political life, expressing his silent discontent with his brother's decision to merge the party, and started a new political party in 2014 called Jana Sena Party.
Jana Sena Party
Pawan Kalyan founded a political party called Jana Sena on 14 March 2014. He wrote a book titled Ism which is also the ideology of the Jana Sena party. He met with then BJP Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to discuss the issues related to both the Telugu states and extended his support. Pawan Kalyan campaigned extensively for the Telugu Desam Party and BJP combine in Andhra and Telangana. He opposed Congress rule stating the slogan Congress Hatao Desh Bachao. His rallies drew what the Deccan-Journal called "huge crowds" in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. In December 2017, Pawan Kalyan announced that he intended to enter full-time politics.
He provoked the Uddanam kidney disease crisis by various protests, which was later controlled by Government of Andhra Pradesh by constructing dialysis centres and implementing various schemes for the village. In November 2016, Pawan Kalyan announced that Jana Sena will contest in the 2019 general elections in Andhra Pradesh. He reportedly stated that he was planning to contest from all 175 legislatures of Andhra Pradesh.. He opposed central government's move to privatise Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) on a golden platter. Pawan lead a protest march to condolence farmers who committed suicides or migrated from the drought-prone regions of Rayalaseema.He opposed the Telugu Desam Party Government's decision on land pooling.Pawan Kalyan conducted a March on the historical Dowleswaram Barrage, Rajahmundry demanding Political Accountability.Pawan Kalyan exposed the alleged unchecked mining in the reserve forest area at Vanthada Village of Prathipadu, East Godavari district..
Pawan Kalyan has announced the Jana Sena party's election manifesto at Rajahmundry  public meeting with many measures to improve the lives of farmers,farm labourers,women,youth and students.His party Jana Sena will contest together with left parties Communist Party of India Communist Party of India (Marxist) and Bahujan Samaj Party for the upcoming elections 2019 in both telugu states.
- In April 2001, soft-drink giant Pepsi, announced him as its brand ambassador, making him the first South Indian to endorse the popular soft-drink.
- In January 2017, Kalyan agreed to take up the role of the brand ambassador for hand loom weavers in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- In August 2017, Kalyan was asked to be the brand ambassador to JEEVAN DAAN, an initiative started for organ donation by government of Andhra Pradesh
Awards and nominations
|1999||47th Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Thammudu||Nominated|
|2001||49th Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Kushi||Nominated|
|2008||56th Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Jalsa||Nominated|
|2012||60th Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Gabbar Singh||Won|
|Hyderabad Times Film Awards||Best Actor (Male)||Won|
|CineMAA Awards||CineMAA Award for Best Actor – Male||Won|
|South Indian International Movie Awards||SIIMA Award for Best Actor||Won|
|2013||61st Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Attarintiki Daredi||Nominated|
|Santosham Film Awards||Best Actor – Telugu||Won|
|Margadarsi Big Telugu Entertainment Awards||Best Actor (Male)||Won|
|South Indian International Movie Awards||SIIMA Award for Best Actor||Nominated|
|2015||1st IIFA Utsavam Awards South||Best Supporting Actor (Male) – Telugu||Gopala Gopala||Nominated|
- "Forbes 2013 Celebrity 100: Pawan Kalyan". Forbes India. Archived from the original on 24 September 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Happy birthday Pawan Kalyan: Tollywood wishes Power Star". The Indian Express. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "All you want to know about @PawanKalyan".
- "IndiaGlitz – Happy Birthday Power Star Pawan Kalyan – Telugu Movie News". Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Filmfare Awards (South): The complete list of Winners. CNN-IBN.in.com (21 July 2013). Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Nitya, Nag bag awards on star-studded night". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 16 June 2013.
- "From Pawan Kalyan to Vijay Deverakonda: Tollywood stars who got listed in Forbes top 100 richest Indians". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan – Forbes India Magazine".
- "PSPK PAWAN KALYAN PRODUCES HIS FIRST FILM WITH HIS DIE HARD FAN NITHIIN". KNOW ALL 0-9 A-Z. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan's political outfit named as 'Jana Sena' Party". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Shekhar (16 August 2013). "Jana Sena – Name of Pawan Kalyan's New Political Party – Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Telugu Actor Pawan Kalyan Launches New Party – new indian express". newindianexpress.com. 14 March 2014.
- Pawan Kalyan most searched celebrity candidate on Google. NDTV.com (17 April 2014). Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Check out Pawan Kalyan inspiring speech at Harvard University". The Hans India. 11 February 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Pawan moots JAC of displaced farmers". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 7 July 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 30 January 2019.CS1 maint: others (link)
- India, Press Trust of (16 January 2017). "Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard". Business Standard India. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Leaders console Chiranjeevi". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 25 December 2007. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Happy Birthday 'Power Star' Pawan Kalyan – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Pawan Kalyan – Forbes India Magazine". Forbes. 31 October 2013. Archived from the original on 24 September 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- U. Sudhakar Reddy (29 December 2013). "Pawan Kalyan is married to Russian Anna Lezhneva". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Pawan Kalyan's son with Anna Lezhneva named Mark Shankar Pawanovich?". India Today. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Ram Charan Teja says he will campaign for uncle Pawan Kalyan in 2019". 25 May 2018.
- "Varun Tej does a Pawan Kalyan". 2 September 2017.
- "Sai Dharam Tej credits uncle Pawan Kalyan for making him understand fan power - Times of India".
- "Pawankalyan donated 50 lakhs (₹5 Million ) to the people suffered in "hudhud" tufaan in October 2014 in Andhrapradesh. I Stood At The Gate Of Pawan Kalyan House In Rain And He Took Me In And Donated 1 Lakh". theindiantalks.com. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Pawan donates 20 lakhs for Uttarakhand flood victims". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "This double-amputee is on a 50,000 km bike ride across India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Pawan Kalyan donates Rs.5lakhs to T20 Cricket tournament". smtv24x7.com. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan Donates To Gold Medalist". www.cinejosh.com. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan gifts 10 lakhs to Rahul". www.sakshi.com. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan to head Yuva Rajyam – new indian express". newindianexpress.com.
- "Chiranjeevi's brother Pavan Kalyan to head Praja Rajyam's youth wing". Rediff.com.
- "The Hindu : Praja Rajyam Party merges with congress: Pawan". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Chiranjeevi announces merger of PRP with Congress in AP". economictimes.indiatimes.com.com.
- "Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan launches new party – indtoday". indtoday.com. Archived from the original on 14 March 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Pawan's ISM book: A summary". The Hans India.
- Pawan Flies to Ahmedabad Archived 8 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Deccan-journal.com. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Pawan draws huge crowds in Karnataka Archived 8 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Deccan-journal.com. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Left Out in the Cold by KCR and Jagan Reddy, Pawan Kalyan May Warm Up to Chandrababu Naidu". News18. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- Reporter, Staff (11 November 2016). "'Jana Sena will contest 2019 polls'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "No tie-ups, Jana Sena to contest all 175 seats in Andhra, says Pawan Kalyan". Hindusthan Times. 3 January 2019. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Pawan Kalyan dredges up row, DCI sale sends workers in tizzy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- Sarma, Ch R. S. "Pawan Kalyan backs Dredging Corpn staff stir against privatisation". @businessline. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- "Pawan Kalyan leads protest over drought in Andhra's Rayalaseema region". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 8 February 2019.
- "The Hindu : Pawan questions State's 'strong-arm tactics' in acquisition of lands". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "The Hindu : Top priority to job generation: Pawan". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan alleges hand of ruling, Opposition leaders in 'illegal' Vanthada mining – new indian express". newindianexpress.com.
- "Jana Sena Party releases manifesto for 2019 elections". The Hans India.
- "JSP manifesto focuses on youth and farmers". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Left parties,Janasena to contest together in AP elections:CPI Narayana". The Hans India.
- "Janasena-BSP allaince for AP elections,Mayawati wants to see Pawan Kalyan as CM". The Hans India.
- "Andhra Pradesh assembly elections: Pawan Kalyan to contest from Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "AP Assembly:Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan to contest from Bhimavaram and Gajuwaka". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "In Narendra Modi's speech, Pawan Kalyan is hero, no mention of Chandrababu Naidu". ndtv.com. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "Want Pawan Kalyan to become Chief Miister". ndtv.com. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "The Hindu : A mouthful of bitter pill(s)". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan turns brand ambassador for handloom weavers in AP, Telangana". Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Pawan Kalyan appointed as 'Jeevan Dhaan' brand ambassador - Times of India".
- "The 49th Filmfare Awards-South". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved April 2002. Check date values in:
- "56th Filmfare Awards 2008 – South". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "List of Winners at the 60th Idea Filmfare Awards (South)". filmfare. Archived from the original on 25 February 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- "Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2012". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Pawan Kalyan's Gabbar Singh sweeps cine awards".
- "SIIMA 2013 Winners List: Dhanush, Pawan Kalyan, Mohanlal, Shivarajkumar Bag Awards". Ibitimes. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "61st Filmfare Awards (South) Nominations: 'Attarintiki Daredi' Leads; Complete List of Nominees". ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Santosham Awards 2014". Aplive.net. Archived from the original on 2 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Pawan's AD Won 4 Margadarsi Awards". cineoutlook. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- "SIIMA 2014 Telugu Nominations: Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi' Nominated in 12 categories". ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "IIFA Utsavam Awards 2015 – 2016 Telugu Nominees & Winners". updatebro.com. Retrieved 24 January 2016.