South Indian International Movie Awards
South Indian International Movie Awards, also known as the SIIMA Awards, rewards the artistic and technical achievements of the South Indian film industry.
|South Indian International Movie Awards|
Logo of SIIMA Awards
|Awarded for||Excellence in South Indian cinema|
The ceremony was instituted in 2012 by Vishnuvardhan Induri, the founder of Celebrity Cricket League. The Awards are presented in separate parts on two different days. On the first day the most promising upcoming South Indian film artistes are honoured at the Generation Next Awards, while the second day is reserved for the main SIIMA Awards. The Award nominees are selected by a jury of senior artistes and professionals and voted for by public polling. The first SIIMA ceremony was held on 21 & 22 June 2012 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Doctor kommi bhargav launched the third FICCI Media Entertainment Business Conclave (MEBC) with a call for a joint and concerted effort of all spheres to make the South Indian film industry on par with international standards. During this event, a decision was taken to promote the South Indian film industry on a global scale and to attract the untapped potential of overseas filmgoers.
|First||21–22 June 2012||R. Madhavan, Lakshmi Manchu, Parvathy Omanakuttan||Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai, UAE|
|Second||12–13 September 2013||Shriya Saran, Rana Daggubati, Sonu Sood, Parvathy Omanakuttan, Ash Chandler||Expo Centre Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE|
|Third||12–13 September 2014||Shiva, Navdeep, Shraddha Das||Stadium Negara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Fourth||6–7 August 2015||Shiva, Ali, Suchi, Sri Mukhi||Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai, UAE|
|Fifth||30 June – 1 July 2016||Shiva, Ali, Lakshmi Manchu, Sathish, Dhanya Balakrishna, Ranjini Haridas||Suntec Convention Centre, Singapore|
|Sixth||30 June – 1 July 2017||Sathish, Dhanya Balakrishna||Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Seventh||14–15 September 2018||Vijay Raghavendra , Samyuktha Hedge||Bollywood Parks Dubai, Dubai, UAE|
|Eighth||15-16 August 2019||Vijay Raghavendra, Anupama Gowda ,Pearle Maany, Janani Iyer, Mirchi Shiva||Lusail Sports Arena Doha, Qatar|
- Best Film – Kannada
- Best Director
- Best Cinematographer
- Best Débutante Producer
- Best Débutante Director
- Best Actor – Kannada
- Best Actor – Telugu
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Best Male Debutante
- Best Actress – Kannada
- Best Actress – Kannada
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Best Female Debutante
- Best Comedian
- Best Actor in a Negative Role
- Best Music Director
- Best Lyricist
- Best Male Playback Singer
- Best Female Playback Singer
- Best Fight Choreographer
- Best Dance Choreographer
- Special jury award: Critics Best Actor and Actress
- Lifetime achievement award male
- Young icon award [Male and Female]
- "Vishnu Vardhan Induri's success story - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "CCL 2 was much bigger: Vishnu Vardhan Induri - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Reporter, By Manjusha Radhakrishnan, Senior (23 June 2012). "South Indian International Movie Awards glittered after long delay". Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Manigandan, K. r (16 June 2012). "Star-struck? Head to Dubai". Retrieved 13 September 2016 – via The Hindu.
- "Thousands to attend South Indian International Movie Awards to be held in Doha". www.thepeninsulaqatar.com.