Sun TV Network
Sun TV Network is an Indian mass media company headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is a part of Sun Group and is Asia's largest TV network. Established on 14 April 1993 by Kalanidhi Maran, it owns a variety of television channels and radio stations in multiple languages. Its flagship channel is Sun TV, which was the first fully privately owned Tamil channel in India. Sun Group has owned Hyderabad-based IPL team Sunrisers Hyderabad since 2012.
|Traded as||BSE: 532733|
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Kalanidhi Maran (Chairman)|
K. Vijaykumar (CEO and MD)
|Revenue||₹3,001.70 crore (US$430 million) (2018)|
|₹1,959.48 crore (US$280 million) (2018)|
|₹1,093.04 crore (US$160 million) (2018)|
|Total assets||₹4,349.83 crore (US$630 million) (2017)|
Number of employees
Products and operationsEdit
Sun Group will be launching 7 new HD channels and 3 new SD channels including network's first channels in Marathi language, marking the entry of the company into North Indian market after sun bangla. After this, Sun Group will have a total of 42 channels in their bouquet.
|Entertainment||Sun TV||Gemini TV||Udaya TV||Surya TV||Sun Bangla||Sun Marathi
|Sun Life||Gemini Life|
|Music||Sun Music||Gemini Music||Udaya Music||Surya Music|
|Movie||K TV||Gemini Movies||Udaya Movies||Surya Movies|
|Comedy||Adithya TV||Gemini Comedy||Udaya Comedy||Surya Comedy|
|Kids||Chutti TV||Kushi TV||Chintu TV||Kochu Tv|
|Entertainment||Sun TV HD||Gemini TV HD||Udaya TV HD||Surya TV HD|
|Music||Sun Music HD||Gemini Music HD|
|Movie||K TV HD||Gemini Movies HD|
Sun Group owns two daily newspapers and five magazines in Tamil. Dinakaran was founded in 1977 by K. P. Kandasamy and was acquired from K. P. K. Kumaran by Sun Network in 2005. It is the second largest circulated Tamil daily in India after Dina Thanthi. Tamil Murasu is an evening newspaper. The group owns the magazines Kungumam, Kumguma Chimizh, Kungumam Thozhi, Aanmigam, Mutharam and Vannathirai.
Sun NXT is a global online audio/video streaming platform owned and operated by Sun TV Network Ltd. Has more than 8000 movie titles . Including movies like Rajinikanth's Petta and Vijay's sarkar which was produced by Sun pictures . The super hit movie 96 was released after 40 days which created a huge buzz in Kollywood .
- "Sun TV Network Profit & Loss". Sun TV Network. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Sun, Zee remain top on profitability charts". Rediff.com. 31 December 2013.
- "Problems in Sun TV Network license renewal". kinindia.net. 8 June 2015.
- "Sun TV Network win Hyderabad IPL franchise". Wisden India. 25 October 2012. Archived from the original on 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Sun Risers to represent Hyderabad in IPL". Wisden India. 18 December 2012. Archived from the original on 25 June 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Template:Cite in 2019 sun channels will be in Marathi and Bengali. news
- Babu, T. E. Narasimhan & Gireesh (13 August 2018). "Sun TV plans to foray into Bengali and Marathi entertainment space". Business Standard India. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Jeffrey, Robin (24 March 2000). India's newspaper revolution. C. Hurst & Co. p. 79,80,114,135. ISBN 978-1-85065-383-7.
- "Sun acquires Dinakaran newspaper". rediff.com. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- Judy Franko (13 March 2010). "Tamil daily Dinakaran takes over the lead". exchange4media.com. Archived from the original on 23 January 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "India's 15 most-read newspapers". rediff.com. 5 May 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.