This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||23 January 2006|
|Owned by||The Times Group|
4:3 (576i, SDTV) |
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
Action begins here.|
Always with the news
|Language||English (w.e.f May 2017, some news is also broadcast in Bengali)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Airtel digital TV (India)||
|Reliance Digital TV (India)||Channel 453|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 652|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 767|
|Tata Sky (India)||
Channel 605 (HD)|
Channel 606 (SD)
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 353|
|CanalSat (Mauritius)||Channel 147|
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 206 (SD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 529|
|Asianet Digital TV (India)||
Channel 422 (SD)Channel 865 (HD)
|Siti Cable (India)||Channel 417|
|mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 676 (SD) (1 Nov)|
|Live Stream||Watch Live|
Along with the other Times group channels (Zoom, ET Now and Movies Now), Times Now is distributed by Media Network and Distribution (India) Ltd (MNDIL), which is a joint venture between The Times Group and Yogesh Radhakrishnan, a cable and satellite industry veteran, under the brand Prime Connect.
On 15 November 2011, in the country's highest defamation suit, the Supreme Court upheld Bombay High Court's order making Times Now liable to pay Rs. 100 crore. The channel had erroneously run Justice (retd) P B Sawant's picture instead of another judge in connection with the Provident Fund scam.
Times Now was accused of misrepresenting facts regarding an interview it telecast of an alleged eve-teaser in August 2015. The News Broadcasting Standards Authority authorities asked Times Now to apologise and fined them 50,000 rupees for this.
On 17 February 2016, Times Now aired an unverified video which accused Kanhaiya Kumar, a university student, of sedition.
- "Times Now censured for not revealing defence analyst's business interests". indianexpress.com.
- "BCCL floats TV distribution joint venture".
- "SC asks Times Now to deposit Rs 100 crore before HC takes up its appeal in defamation case - Times of India". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Times Now fined, asked to apologize for intimidating reporting in Jasleen Kaur story". 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- Bansal, Shuchi (2016-03-15). "NBSA asks Times Now to issue apology, pay fine for a story". Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- Varadarajan, Siddharth (2016-02-19). "Times Now First Denies Airing Doctored Video, Then Concedes it Did - The Wire". The Wire. Retrieved 2016-07-10.