Super Good Films
Super Good Films (Mega Super Good Films in Telugu cinema) is an Indian film production and distribution company. It was established in the 1980s by R. B. Choudary.
|Type||Film production and distribution|
|Industry||Motion pictures and Television|
|Founder||R. B. Choudary|
Chowdary, who hailed from a farmer's family in Rajasthan was in to steel, exports and jewels business before entering film production. He started his career as a producer with Malayalam film industry first and produced a few films under "Super" banner. In 1989, he entered Tamil film industry and produced films on 'Super' banner in partnership with R. Mohan, who manufactured "Good Knight" mosquito mats. When they decided to part ways, Chowdary borrowed good from 'Good Knight' and modified it as 'Super Good' films.
Super Good Films was created by R. B. Choudary in the 1980s and the producer continued to manage the film's activities for twenty years. Several successful directors in the Tamil film industry were given their first film by the studio, including K. S. Ravikumar (Puriyadha Puthir), Vikraman (Pudhu Vasantham), N. Lingusamy (Aanandam), Ezhil (Thullatha Manamum Thullum) and Sasi (Sollamale).
In the studio's 50th venture, Choudary's youngest son Jiiva was cast in the debut lead role for the film Aasai Aasaiyai (2003) by Ravi Mariya. The Mohanlal-Vijay starrer, Jilla (2014) marked the studio's 85th film.
In the 2010s, Choudary's son, actor Jithan Ramesh, took over co-managerial duties. The studio has often associated with actor Vijay, and Jiiva suggested that they planned to make their hundredth venture with the actor during an interview in January 2018.
The banner also distributed the Telugu dubbed versions of Jiiva's films in Andhra Pradesh.
|1995||Amman||Tamil dubbed version of Telugu film Ammoru|
|1997||Akka||Tamil dubbed version of Kannada film Karpoorada Gombe|
|2001||Pappa||Tamil dubbed version of Telugu film Devi Putrudu|
|2019||Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy||Tamil dubbed version of Telugu film Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy|
- "Telugu Cinema Etc - Idlebrain.com". www.idlebrain.com.
- "Waiting to make it big: The Hindu". Zee News. 17 November 2003.
- DelhiJanuary 8, India Today Online New; January 8, 2014UPDATED; Ist, 2014 12:42. "New trailer of Vijay's Jilla rocks Twitter". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Jeeva, 'Jithan' Ramesh turn producers – Tamil News". IndiaGlitz.com. 6 June 2011.
- "Welcome to Sify.com". www.sify.com.
- "Thalapathy Vijay likely to act in Super Good Films' 100th film". Sify.
- "Super Good Films calls for New Directors, Web content creators in all South Languages!". www.moviecrow.com.