Nuvvu Vastavani (transl. So that you'd come) is a 2000 Indian Telugu-language romance film, directed by V. R. Prathap, written by Ezhil, and produced by R. B. Choudary. It stars Nagarjuna Akkineni and Simran in lead roles, with music composed by S. A. Rajkumar. The film is the Telugu remake of the 1999 Tamil film Thulladha Manamum Thullum, starring Vijay and Simran. It recorded as "block buster" in box office.
|Directed by||V. R. Prathap|
|Produced by||R. B. Choudary|
|Written by||Marudhuri Raja (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||V. R. Prathap|
|Based on||Thulladha Manamum Thullum (Tamil)|
|Music by||S. A. Rajkumar|
|Cinematography||Shyam K. Naidu|
|Edited by||Nandamuri Hari|
|Box office||₹27.50 crore (US$3.9 million)|
The movie starts with Chinni (Nagarjuna) revealing, on a train journey from Pune to Hyderabad, that he just got out of jail after seven years. His past is revealed in a flashback. He had been a singer, waiting for the big break. Indu (Simran) hears his voice though she doesn't see him and becomes his fan. When Chinni realizes this, he tries to reveal who he is but circumstances place him and Indu in situations where she ends up thinking that he is a rowdy. Chinni ultimately becomes responsible for her losing her eyesight too. He devotes himself to her from then onwards attending to her every need. She learns to respect and love him too, thinking that he is the singer and not knowing that he is the same person she thought was a rowdy.
Chinni had been telling his mother everything by letter and when she dies, she donates her eyes to Indu. To come up with the money needed for the operation, Chinni donates his kidney and has to travel to Pune for the same. Ready to get back, he is arrested after agreeing to look after the luggage (which turns out to contain ammunition) of another man. Back in the present, everything has changed at the place he used to live. He catches a glimpse of Indu, now the collector. He goes to meet her, and after some mishaps unites with her.
- Nagarjuna Akkineni as Chinni / Krishna
- Simran as Indira / Indu
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Koteswara Rao
- Tanikella Bharani as Dr. Paramahamsa
- Brahmanandam as Nicker Narayana
- Ali as Madhava
- Sudhakar as Balu
- Mallikarjuna Rao as Nadar
- Surya as Krishna's friend
- Sivaji Raja as Dasu
- Varsha as Anitha
- Rama Prabha as Indu's grandmother
- Y. Vijaya as Koteswara Rao's wife
- Sudha as Indu's teacher
- Nutan Prasad
- Prasad Babu
- Raghu Kunche
- Bandla Ganesh
- K. K. Sarma as Postman
- Madhu as Rowdy
- Garimalla Viswaswara Rao
- Gadiraju Subba Rao
|Film score by|
|Producer||S. A. Rajkumar|
|S. A. Rajkumar chronology|
The music was composed by S. A. Rajkumar. Music released on ADITYA Music Company. Except "Komma Komma", all other tunes were used from the original Tamil film. Rajkumar reused "Komma Komma" in Tamil as "Unnai Kodu" in Unnai Kodu Ennai Tharuven (2000) and in Kannada as "Halli Hudugi" in Ramakrishna (2004).
|1.||"Patala Pallakivai"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu||4:56|
|2.||"Komma Komma"||ES Murthy||Hariharan, K. S. Chithra||4:24|
|4.||"Meghamai"||Pothula Ravikiran||Rajesh Krishnan, Sujatha Mohan||4:22|
|5.||"Railu Bandini"||Chandrabose||Shankar Mahadevan||4:45|
|6.||"Patala Pallakivai-II"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||K.S. Chitra||4:56|
|7.||"Neeve Devunivi"||Suddala Ashok Teja||Sujatha Mohan||1:19|
- 08:45 AM. "Exclusive : Nuvvu Vastavani Movie Total collections". Nagfans.com. Retrieved 2 June 2021.
- "Info". idlebrain.com.
- "Nuvvu Vastavani review: Nuvvu Vastavani (Telugu) Movie Review - fullhyd.com". movies.fullhyderabad.com.
- "Nuvvu Vasthavani". 5 April 2000 – via IMDb.
- "வடிவேலு நடிக்கவிருந்த கதை, கடைசியில் விஜய்க்குப் போனது! - கரு பழனியப்பன் ப்ளாஷ்பேக்" [Vadivelu is the story of the movie and finally went to Vijay! - Karu Palaniappan flashback]. OneIndia (in Tamil). 21 June 2013.
- M. Suganth (29 January 2019). "Movie Milestone: 20 years of Thullatha Manamum Thullum". Times of India. Archived from the original on 15 August 2019. Retrieved 29 January 2019.