Jana Sena Party
Jana Sena or Jana Sena Party is an Indian political party in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, founded by actor turned politician Pawan Kalyan on 14 March 2014. Jana Sena means People’s Army in Telugu. The motto of the party is to Fight for the Rights of each and every Common Person.
|Founded||14 March 2014|
|Headquarters||Plot No. 12, Road No. 72, Prashasan Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India-500033|
|Political position||Centre-left to left-wing|
|ECI Status||Unrecognised Party|
|National convener||Pawan Kalyan|
On 10 March 2014, Pawan Kalyan submitted an application for registering the party name.Pawan Kalyan formally launched the party at Hyderabad Information Technology and Engineering Consultancy City, Madhapur, Hyderabad on 14 March 2014. The party has been approved by the election commission on 11 December 2014 and will contest elections in Andhra Pradesh for the upcoming 2019 local body elections.Pawan Kalyan campaigned for the TDP and BJP at the beginning of 2014 general election.
On 21 February 2017, Pawan Kalyan announced that he will start a website on 14 March 2017 on the occasion of Jana Sena Party anniversary to receive people's recommendations for party manifesto in 2019 general election.
On 2 May 2018, the Jana Sena Party (JSP) announced that the party will contest all 175 assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh in the 2019 assembly election.Janasena Party Chief Pawan Kalyan opposed central government's move to privatise Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) on a golden platter. Pawan lead a protest march to condolence farmers who committed suicides or migrated from the drought-prone regions of Rayalaseema.Pawan Kalyan opposed the Telugu Desam Party Government's decision on land pooling .Pawan Kalyan conducted a March on the historical Dowleswaram Barrage,Rajahmundry demanding Political Accountability.
As of January 2019, the main Leaders in JSP are Nadendla Manohar, Pasupuleti Balaraju, Ravela Kishore Babu, Akula Satyanarayana, Mutha Gopalakrishna, Thota Chandrasekhar, Chadalavada Krishnamurthy, Addepalli Sridhar, Chintala Parthasarath.
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena Party gets a new logo - The Times of India
- "Election Commission rejected Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' party registration".
- Suresh Krishnamoorthy (2014-03-07). "Stage set for Pawan Kalyan's "Jana Sena"". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Sreenivas, Janyala. "Politics makes rivals of actor brothers Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Reporter, Staff (2016-11-11). "'Jana Sena will contest 2019 polls'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Reporter, Staff (21 February 2017). "'Janasena new website'". The new indian express.
- "Pawan's Jana Sena to contest all 175 seats in Andhra". The Times of India. 2 May 2018.
- "Pawan Kalyan dredges up row, DCI sale sends workers in tizzy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- Sarma, Ch R. S. "Pawan Kalyan backs Dredging Corpn staff stir against privatisation". @businessline. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Pawan Kalyan leads protest over drought in Andhra's Rayalaseema region". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "The Hindu : Pawan questions State's 'strong-arm tactics' in acquisition of lands". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
- "The Hindu : Top priority to job generation: Pawan". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2018-10-16.