17th Lok Sabha
Members of the 17th Lok Sabha were elected during the 2019 Indian general election. Elections were conducted in 7 phases from 11 April 2019 to 19 May 2019 by the Election Commission of India. Counting started officially on morning of 23 May 2019 and the results have been declared as given in the following section of this page.
- Speaker: Om Birla, BJP
- Deputy Speaker: TBA
- Secretary-General: Snehlata Shrivastava
- Leader of the House: Narendra Modi, BJP
- Leader of Opposition: None, as no opposition party received 10% membership of the House. The single largest opposition party in the Lok Sabha is the Indian National Congress, with 52 seats.
Party-wise Distribution of SeatsEdit
- "General Election 2019 - Election Commission of India". results.eci.gov.in. Retrieved 2019-05-23.
- "After Rahul Gandhi refuses, Congress names Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury as its leader in Lok Sabha: Reports". Times Now. 18 June 2019. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Baalu new DMK parliamentary party leader". The Times of India. 26 May 2019. Retrieved 18 June 2019.