Rashtriya Loktantrik Party
Rashtriya Loktantrik Party (abbreviated as RLP) is an Indian political party in the state of Rajasthan. The party was founded by rebel Bharatiya Janata Party leader Hanuman Beniwal on the eve of the 2018 Rajasthan Legislative Assembly election.
|Treasurer||Ravindra Singh Choudhary|
|Founded||29 October 2018|
|Headquarters||Barangaon, Teh. Khinvsar, District Nagaur|
|ECI Status||State party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
1 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha|
0 / 245
|Seats in Rajasthan Legislative Assembly|
3 / 200
The party entered into an alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party on the eve of the 2019 Indian general election. It has extended its support to the 2020 Bharat Bandh and the Indian farmers' protest.
Hanuman Beniwal was suspended by the Bharatiya Janata Party due to disagreements and corruption allegations against the senior leadership of the party, he had become an independent member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly. In 2018, Beniwal conducted the "Hunkar Rally" before the upcoming legislative assembly election and formed the Rashtriya Loktantrik Party which was supported by Ghanshyam Tiwari, Jayant Chaudhary and Sanjay Lathar.
The party received support from members of the Jat community, and was able to have its representatives elected on three seats of the legislative assembly. In 2019, the Rashtriya Loktantrik Party entered into an alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party before the general election. It contested on the Nagaur seat and extends its support to the Bharatiya Janata Party on all other seats in the state.
2. Mahipal Mahla
3. Rajpal Choudhary
Beniwal who had contested from the Nagaur seat was elected to the Lok Sabha. Following the passage of the 2020 Indian agriculture reform, Beniwal resigned from three parliamentary committees, and the party extended its support to the Indian farmers' protest and supported the all India general strike.
- "Hanuman Beniwal floats new political party in Rajasthan". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 29 October 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 25 December 2020.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Ahead Of Rajasthan Polls, Former BJP Leader Launches New Party". NDTV. 29 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Goyal, Yash (4 April 2019). "RLP joins NDA in R'sthan". Tribune India. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- Iqbal, Mohammed (30 November 2020). "NDA constituent RLP threatens to quit alliance over farm laws". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- Iqbal, Mohammad (10 December 2018). "Raje resigns, Congress two seats away from majority". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- "Nagaur election result: Hanuman Beniwal defeats Jyoti Mirdha by over 1.8 lakh votes". The Financial Express. 14 May 2019. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- Saini, Sachin (21 December 2020). "Call on NDA, RLP break-up on Dec 26, says Hanuman Beniwal". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 25 December 2020.