This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of parliament |
|Assumed office |
16 May 2009
|Preceded by||Anwar Hussain|
|Director of Shaikhul Hind Academy|
|Born||12 February 1950|
Hojai, Assam, India
|Political party||All India United Democratic Front (2013 to present)|
|Alma mater||Darul Uloom Deoband|
He established then the Assam United Democratic Front (AUDF), now All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) and consolidated its position in Indian politics especially in Assam. He is also the president of the Assam State Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind. He hold Master's degree in Theology and Arabic from Darul Uloom Deoband university. He is also an Industrialist, Businessman and a Social worker.
He is the Managing Trustee of Haji Abdul Majid Memorial (HAMM) Public Trust, Hojai. This trust is best known for the charitable hospital, Haji Abdul Majid Memorial Hospital and Research Center at Hojai, Assam.
In 2006, election for Assam Legislative Assembly, he was elected simultaneously from two constituencies — South Salmara and Jamunamukh — by a large margin of votes, and was also elected as the leader of the AUDF Legislative Party which altogether won 10 seats in its maiden electoral fight.
Moulana Badruddin Ajmal is a member of Parliament of India. He was elected from Dhubri (Lok Sabha constituency) for three consecutive times (2009, 2014, 2019).
- "AIUDF President". Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- "15th Lok sabha members, Assam, India". Archived from the original on 25 September 2015. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Himanta Biswa Sarma: In this Assam election, Bangladeshi immigrants want their own CM too".
- http://www.aiudf.org AIUDF Official Website
- "Bioprofile of 15th Lok Sabha members, India". Archived from the original on 2 November 2016. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Ajmal Foundation
- AUDF may join UPA, The Hindu
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Assam Muslims blame perfume baron for unrest". Hindustan Times. 17 August 2012. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012.