A. Revanth Reddy
|Member of the Legislative Assembly |
|Member of the Legislative Assembly|
Andhra Pradesh (Erstwhile)
|Preceded by||Gurunath Reddy|
|Member of the Legislative Council |
Andhra Pradesh (Erstwhile)
|Born||8 November 1969|
Kondareddy Pally, Mahbubnagar district
|Residence||Road no - 12 Colony, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana|
Early life and educationEdit
Revanth Reddy was born on 8 November 1969 at Kondareddy Pally of Mahboobnagar district. He is a graduate in Arts. He was interested in politics since his school days. He was a leader of student union during his school days. He married former central minister and congress party senior leader Jaipal Reddy brother's daughter. 
- Bachelor of arts from A.V.College, Osmania University in 1992
He was a member in ABVP while he was a student. He got married in 1992 at an early age of 24. Later he started his political career with TDP in 2004.
Zilla Parishad Territory constituencyEdit
He lobbied for Midjil ZPTC ticket from TDP in 2006.MADHARAM one of the village of the midjil mandal played a vital role for his win as a ZPTC of midjil.He was not given. So he contested as independent and won.
Member of Legislative CouncilEdit
Member of legislative assemblyEdit
In 2009 he was elected to the Andhra Pradesh assembly from Kodangal Constituency with 46.45% Votes. He declared his assets in election affidavit as 3.6 crores with 73 lakhs liabilities. During his first term of office he commenced the construction of Kosigi bus depot and also a polytechnic college. He once again contested in 2014 general elections and elected to the Telangana assembly from Kodangal Constituency  with a majority of 14,614 votes. He declared his assets in 2014 elections as 13.12 crores with 3.3 crores liabilites. He was elected as Floor leader of Telugu Desam Party in Telangana Legislative Assembly.
|1||2009||Kodangal||Gurunath Reddy (INC)||61685-54696||6989||Won|
|2||2014||Kodangal||Gurunath Reddy (TRS)||54026-39412||14614||Won|
|3||2018||Kodangal||PATNAM NARENDER REDDY (TRS)||58943-68020||11000||Lost|
Arrest for briberyEdit
On 31 May 2015, Revanth Reddy was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) during a sting operation after bribing nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson to vote in favour of the TDP candidate in the Legislative Council election. He is remanded in judicial custody for 14 days, then on 15 June 2015, the court extended remand for 15 more days till 29 June 2015. A criminal case under sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy) – read with section 34 (common intention) of Indian Penal Code was registered against him along with two others - Bishop Sebastian Harry and Uday Simha. On 30 June, Telangana High Court gave conditional bail. TDP party members celebrated Revanth Reddy's release on 1 July 2015 with a rally. He is on bail and not allowed to cross Hyderabad without ACB permission.
- "Illali Muchatlu With Geetha (Revanth Reddy Wife) 17th Nov 2011 Abn Andhrajyothy". youtube.com. 17 November 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Revanth Reddy's Wife yells at Telugu Tammullu". tupaki.com. 2 June 2015. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Revanth Reddy Daughter Wedding Highlights". YouTube.com. 20 December 2015. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Anumula Revanth Reddy". telangananewsonline.com. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Revanth Reddy". nandamurifans.com. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Anumula Revanth Reddy(TDP):Constituency- KODANGAL(MAHBUBNAGAR) - Affidavit Information of Candidate". Myneta.info. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "ANUMULA REVANTH REDDY 'S Profile". partyanalyst.com. Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Do you want water for irrigation or tears: KTR shouts to Kodangal voters".
- ADR. "Asset and declared cases comparison:Anumula Revanth Reddy".
- "Telangana TDP clips wings of MLA said to be eyeing Congress entry". Indianexpress.com. 25 October 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Congress leader Revanth Reddy, the rising star of Telangana politics". Newsd www.newsd.in. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Sitting and previous MLAs from Kodangal Assembly Constituency". elections.in. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "How TDP's Revanth Reddy Walked Into the Trap". The New Indian Express.
- "TDP MLA Revanth Reddy caught bribing". The Hindu. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "TDP Telangana MLA Revanth Reddy caught red handed by ACB in a multi-crore bribery attempt". ibnlive. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "TDP Legislator Trapped While Allegedly Offering Bribe, 3 Arrested". ndtv. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Revant Reddy's Remand Extended for 29 June 2015". telangananewspaper.com. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- Revanth Reddy gets Bail from High Court in Cash for Vote scam - Telangana TDP - Chandrababu. YouTube. 29 June 2015.
- "Revanth Reddy remanded in judicial custody, lodged in jail". The Hindu. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.