Udaynraje Bhosale (born 24 February 1966) is an Indian politician and a member of Bharatiya Janata Party. He is a member of the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Parliament of India from Maharashtra. He is a former member of the 17th Lok Sabha representing NCP from Satara Constituency in Maharashtra. In 2009, 2014 and 2019 parliamentary elections he was elected to the Lok Sabha as a Nationalist Congress Party candidate. Before that, he was a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly and the Minister for Revenue of Maharashtra in the Bharatiya Janata Party government. In September 2019, he announced his return to the BJP ahead of the Maharashtra legislative assembly elections.
Bhosale on 21 April 2012
|Member of Parliament|
|Assumed office |
3 April 2020
|Preceded by||Amar Shankar Sable|
|Member of Parliament|
May 2009 – September 2019
|Preceded by||Laxmanrao Pandurang Jadhav (Patil)|
|Succeeded by||Shriniwas Patil|
|Minister of State for Revenue, Government of Maharashtra|
|Member of legislative Assembly|
05 June 1998 – 07 October 1999
|Preceded by||Abhaysinh Raje Bhosale|
|Succeeded by||Abhaysinh Raje Bhosale|
|Born||24 February 1966|
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party (since 2019)|
|Nationalist Congress Party|
|Spouse(s)||Damayanti Raje Bhosale|
|Residence||Satara, Maharashtra, India|
|Education||Production Engineering (DIBM)|
- 1998: Elected as Member of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1998: Minister of State for Revenue in Government of Maharashtra
- 2009: Elected to 15th Lok Sabha of India
- 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha of India
- 2019: Re-elected to 17th Lok Sabha of India on the NCP ticket but resigned when he joined the BJP.
- 2019: Defeated in the Lok Sabha bypoll on BJP ticket from Satara Constituency
- 2020: Elected to Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra for the BJP.
- "Legislative Assembly of Maharashtra Code - S13 Assembly Constituency - 264-Satara". Archived from the original on 8 January 2009. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "Detailed Profile: Shri Udayanraje Pratapsingh Bhosale". Loksabha. Government of India. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Sharad Pawar, Ramdas Athawale, Udayanraje Bhosale among seven elected to Rajya Sabha". Pune Mirror. 18 March 2020. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- Press Trust of India (21 June 2009). "NCP's problem; How to discipline maverick Udayan". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- Datta, Saikat (28 November 2008). "350 years on, Afzal Khan is back in the news". Indian Express. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "Verdict in high-profile murder trial on Friday". Times of India. 28 June 2001. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "In setback for Sharad Pawar's NCP, Satara MP Udayanraje Bhosale joins BJP". The Indian Express. 14 September 2019. Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- Anandan, Sujata (20 September 2009). "Chhatrapati's children". Outlook. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
|This article about a Maharashtra politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|